Mario Cristobal?

How did he recruit at FIU?

From what I remember, he did OK the first couple of years, but by the time Ron Turner took over, there
wasn't much left.
I think he was taking chances on local kids that had issues outside of football, and some of them eventually
disappeared from the program.
There was some other kids who eventually transferred to other programs. The names escape me but I think
one of them is the QB at Georgia Southern (Upshaw).

Advertisement
I'm so glad we are talking Cristobol again. :-/ Did Marcus Lemonis start this thread?

Alabama only has 4 players from Florida on their roster.
Telling, Miami needs to start to recruit nationally more. South Florida has good talent but the top teams are not loaded with them. Obviously we always need to be but need to start to recruit better nationally. Before he was kicked off our best de was Muhammad from jersey, best db corn elder from Tennessee , 2 of the freshman linebacker from Jacksonville, best dt(norton) Jacksonville, best tight end( njoku/Herndon) jersey and ga, best qb(kaaya-California. Most of our best players are not from south Florida

Advertisement
Telling, Miami needs to start to recruit nationally more. South Florida has good talent but the top teams are not loaded with them. Obviously we always need to be but need to start to recruit better nationally. Before he was kicked off our best de was Muhammad from jersey, best db corn elder from Tennessee , 2 of the freshman linebacker from Jacksonville, best dt(norton) Jacksonville, best tight end( njoku/Herndon) jersey and ga, best qb(kaaya-California. Most of our best players are not from south Florida

That's because we couldn't get any elite South Florida talent under Golden.

Or perhaps we couldn't develop any players into elite talent.

Or perhaps we couldn't develop any players into elite talent.

That too.

I want the equivalent of Coach K for the o line...whoever that is? A master coach who will come in and turn the Oline around quick, then the recruiting will take care of its self.

What I don't want is a glorified recruiting coordinator trying to 'fix' the OL.

Advertisement
If you're serving under Saban and are still widely considered to be a shi* assistant, you know you're a shi* assistant.

Everybody gets fooled into believing Kiffin and Smart are good assistants just because they serve under Saban. But nobody believes Cristobal is a good or even mediocre oline coach.

Last edited:
Telling, Miami needs to start to recruit nationally more.

You know the major difference between Miami and Alabama. Alabama, compared to Florida, has dog chit talent around the state.

Perhaps we should focus on locking down more of this talent (in-state, especially locally).

Advertisement
**** christobal, eat a huge bag of ****s you turncoat ****boy ******. Tear your acl stepping off the next plane you take. And again, if he is not a former cane this dude never gets a mention. South Florida recruiting wildly over rated, coaching ability non existent.
That sums it up perfectly. He's such a great OL coach that Saban demoted him last year.

All that said, he does have that dog in him.

So this guys claim to fame is that he's a good recruiter. At Alabama. I could talk kids into going to Alabama and I've got zero recruiting experience. It's full ****** that people are still discussing this clown.

Saban recruits these guys r just bodies there n booster recruit its y they lose coaches n dont skip a beat. Sabans master plan is unteachable

Advertisement
I love people calling Cristobal a "great recruiter." Like you need to be some miracle worker to sell Alabama to recruits. His FIU classes were consistently ranked in the same range during most of his time there. It's not like he was getting 4 and 5 star kids to FIU. Give up on this guy, he's already screwed us over anyway.

**** christobal, eat a huge bag of ****s you turncoat ****boy ******. Tear your acl stepping off the next plane you take. And again, if he is not a former cane this dude never gets a mention. South Florida recruiting wildly over rated, coaching ability non existent.
That sums it up perfectly. He's such a great OL coach that Saban demoted him last year.

All that said, he does have that dog in him.
Way to get me to a place of conflict, thanks.

Advertisement
Back