Marcus Tatum 2016 OL Daytona Beach Mainland

Advertisement
Last position Miami needs to push for early commits is OL. Can probably shoot for higher rated guys for the next 5 months.

Advertisement
Yeah, Leonard and Quinton on the same defense was nasty. Leonard would shut down half the field. Went to 3 of their games that year.

I was mistaken. The way I was told I thought he committed. He was just offered. Sorry about the confusion.

Advertisement
Very interesting article considering Daytona Beach (Voluisa County) is big time Gator Country, I can see the local pressure be an issue on this young man. Hopefully the Canes can pull this one out.

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/florida-gators-host-offer-tatum-saturday/

Florida Gators host and offer Tatum on Saturday

The Florida Gators played host to three prospects on Saturday including offensive lineman Marcus Tatum (6-6, 257, Daytona Beach, FL Mainland) who came to campus without an offer.

Tatum certainly left his visit to Florida impressed though, as the Gators gave him the red carpet treatment, giving Tatum a tour of the campus and more.

“It was a wonderful time and visit,” Tatum said. “I love the coaching staff that Florida has and the atmosphere was great. I got to do everything that you can think of, honestly. I got to sit down with the head coach and the offensive line coach and my mom got to meet everyone.”

After the tours were over Tatum and his mother sat down with Jim McElwain and offensive line coach Mike Summers and that was when Tatum got the news he has been looking for for sometime now.

“When my mom and I were sitting down with the head coach and the offensive line coach they told me that they were offering me a scholarship to Florida,” Tatum said. “They told me that they see me as a tackle and that they love my character and that they would love to have me play for them.”

Tatum, who now has double digit offers, says that receiving the offer from Florida was a big deal to him and his family.

“The offer means a lot to me and is just another blessing for me,” Tatum said. “It’s another step in the recruiting process and this is one that is big to me. I don’t have any kind of leaders yet though.”

Florida certainly made Tatum feel at home during the visit as he was shown around and also was given a sneak peak of two new facilities the Gators are currently building.

“The facilities were beautiful and we got to try on the helmet, the jersey and the gloves in the locker room too,” Tatum said. “The new indoor practice facility is going to be real nice and the new academic center is going to be great too. They are going to be beautiful when they are done.”

When coach McElwain sat Tatum down for his one-on-one meeting, the Gators head coach explained to Tatum his message about the program, plus where Florida liked the offensive lineman.

“Coach McElwain said that he’s going to get Florida heading in the right direction soon,” Tatum said. He said that he liked my film and he also liked my academic drive in the classroom too.”

This was the first time for Tatum to meet McElwain and the talented lineman walked away very impressed by the Gators’ head coach.

“He’s very passionate about what he does and he has a lot of energy about himself,” Tatum said. “He does a good job of selling his message to you and he did a good job of selling what he was talking about to me and my mom.”

Offensive line coach Mike Summers certainly didn’t disappoint Tatum either as the Dayton Beach prospect says Summers reminds him of someone close to him now.

“Coach Summers is almost the same thing as coach McElwain, he has a lot of energy,” Tatum said. “They way he talks about technique and the way he coaches is almost the same way as my high school offensive line coach so I felt like I was being coached by him already. I feel like we can build a good relationship because of that.”

INSIDERS TAKE: Florida made a very good impression on Tatum and the Gators are likely the team to beat early on for him, but the offensive lineman insists that he’s in no rush to make any kind of decision.

Very interesting article considering Daytona Beach (Voluisa County) is big time Gator Country, I can see the local pressure be an issue on this young man. Hopefully the Canes can pull this one out.

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/florida-gators-host-offer-tatum-saturday/

Florida Gators host and offer Tatum on Saturday

The Florida Gators played host to three prospects on Saturday including offensive lineman Marcus Tatum (6-6, 257, Daytona Beach, FL Mainland) who came to campus without an offer.

Tatum certainly left his visit to Florida impressed though, as the Gators gave him the red carpet treatment, giving Tatum a tour of the campus and more.

“It was a wonderful time and visit,” Tatum said. “I love the coaching staff that Florida has and the atmosphere was great. I got to do everything that you can think of, honestly. I got to sit down with the head coach and the offensive line coach and my mom got to meet everyone.”

After the tours were over Tatum and his mother sat down with Jim McElwain and offensive line coach Mike Summers and that was when Tatum got the news he has been looking for for sometime now.

“When my mom and I were sitting down with the head coach and the offensive line coach they told me that they were offering me a scholarship to Florida,” Tatum said. “They told me that they see me as a tackle and that they love my character and that they would love to have me play for them.”

Tatum, who now has double digit offers, says that receiving the offer from Florida was a big deal to him and his family.

“The offer means a lot to me and is just another blessing for me,” Tatum said. “It’s another step in the recruiting process and this is one that is big to me. I don’t have any kind of leaders yet though.”

Florida certainly made Tatum feel at home during the visit as he was shown around and also was given a sneak peak of two new facilities the Gators are currently building.

“The facilities were beautiful and we got to try on the helmet, the jersey and the gloves in the locker room too,” Tatum said. “The new indoor practice facility is going to be real nice and the new academic center is going to be great too. They are going to be beautiful when they are done.”

When coach McElwain sat Tatum down for his one-on-one meeting, the Gators head coach explained to Tatum his message about the program, plus where Florida liked the offensive lineman.

“Coach McElwain said that he’s going to get Florida heading in the right direction soon,” Tatum said. He said that he liked my film and he also liked my academic drive in the classroom too.”

This was the first time for Tatum to meet McElwain and the talented lineman walked away very impressed by the Gators’ head coach.

“He’s very passionate about what he does and he has a lot of energy about himself,” Tatum said. “He does a good job of selling his message to you and he did a good job of selling what he was talking about to me and my mom.”

Offensive line coach Mike Summers certainly didn’t disappoint Tatum either as the Dayton Beach prospect says Summers reminds him of someone close to him now.

“Coach Summers is almost the same thing as coach McElwain, he has a lot of energy,” Tatum said. “They way he talks about technique and the way he coaches is almost the same way as my high school offensive line coach so I felt like I was being coached by him already. I feel like we can build a good relationship because of that.”

INSIDERS TAKE: Florida made a very good impression on Tatum and the Gators are likely the team to beat early on for him, but the offensive lineman insists that he’s in no rush to make any kind of decision.

That's a pro and homer gator site. They think they get everyone

From ryan bartow today...

The recruitment of offensive tackle Marcus Tatum is getting more interesting.

First and foremost, Miami, who was the leader and still leads slightly, has some competition.

The 6-foot-7, 260-pound Tatum plans to visit Auburn, which has offered, soon.

“I am going to Auburn March 14,” he said. “I’ve been watching Auburn for a while. I have been watching them since Cam Newton led them to the National Championship that year against Oregon (2010). My mom confirmed we are going there to visit.”

Florida also has made an impression.

“I really like the coaching staff (at Florida),” Tatum said. “I like (head coach) Jim McElwain, the offensive line coach and really the whole coaching staff.”

All that being said, Tatum still has the Canes out in front.

“It’s still been one of my favorite schools since I was a kid,” he said. “But now, the recruiting process makes things different. I like it, though. I would still put them in front and then Florida/Auburn or Auburn/Florida.”

Tatum would like to get an offer from Stanford. That one could change the dynamic of his recruitment considerably. He also likes Georgia and Ohio State among the programs that have yet to offer.

Tatum is currently unranked by the recruiting industry.

Advertisement
Tatum would like to get an offer from Stanford. That one could change the dynamic of his recruitment considerably. He also likes Georgia and Ohio State among the programs that have yet to offer.

I hate when they get involved, only because I can't blame the kid choosing them over us. Purely football, I'd still go to Miami as a Miami kid and a die hard, but as a grown *** man thinking about this? Stanford is hard to pass up.

I hate when they get involved, only because I can't blame the kid choosing them over us. Purely football, I'd still go to Miami as a Miami kid and a die hard, but as a grown *** man thinking about this? Stanford is hard to pass up.

He loves miami and has grown up as a big fan

He loves miami and has grown up as a big fan

Good situation for the kid either way. Hope he ends up here, best of both worlds, IMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back