Marcus Rosemy Prepares For Junior Season

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
Five-star St. Thomas wide receiver Marcus Rosemy is arguably the top receiver in the country in the 2020 class and the 6’3’’ 200 pound pass-catcher is on top of Miami’s wide receiver board for 2020. Between Marcus Fleming, Bryan Robinson, and Marc Britt, Miami is already loaded at receiver in the 2020 class. This, however, is not a concern for Rosemy.

“I don’t care about other receivers. It does not matter, you’ve got to go compete.”

Recruiting will come later for Rosemy. Right now, he is focused on getting Aquinas back to the state championship game.

“The team looking really good. I think offense, we looking way better than we did last year. We looking in sync this year. Hopefully we got a breakout year this year.”

Rosemy visited Miami for Paradise Camp and continued to build his bond with the UM coaching staff. Rosemy went against some of the top defensive backs in the area and with all that great competition, there was one guy who stood out to him.

“Henry Gray for sure. We were talking a little bit. I sharpen him up, he sharpens me up, we just go at it. We only went one time. It was a bad throw, but I’ll give it to him.”

Receivers coach Ron Dugans has made Rosemy a priority, but so has Mike Harley. Rosemy's former teammate at St. Thomas is doing his best to continue the St. Thomas to Miami pipeline.

“He is just telling me I should come, but not telling me I need to come to Miami. He’s telling me stay focused, ball out this year, do what I’ve got to do. Worry about the college later and focus about this season.”

Rosemy is doing just that, focusing on this upcoming season. He is putting all distractions aside and doing whatever he can to help his team win.

“I just stay in my tunnel vision, keep working, then when a team come up, I am ready to play.”

One of the distractions that Rosemy is putting aside is his 5-star ranking and the hype that comes with it.

“I’m blessed to be called a five star, but I don't care about stars. I just want to play football.”

Rosemy plans on breaking the St. Thomas receiving record and getting his team back to states.

When asked if he even knew what the receiving record was, he gave a very Miami style answer.

“Nope, but I know I want to beat it.”

Due to the NCAA rules for 2020 prospects, coach Dugans can only talk to Rosemy when he is on campus. This is why Dugans wants Rosemy on campus as much as possible.

“He just wants me to be there so I can get acclimated with the system and with the teammates and just be around Miami. Get the vibe.”

Miami games are becoming a fun environment again and recruits do not want to miss out. Which games can we expect to see Rosemy at?

“I’ll definitely at the FSU game.”

While Miami has been able to get Rosemy on campus a couple of times, other schools are also pushing hard for the 5-star talent.

“Florida is. Florida State is. Georgia really is… and Ohio State.”

Rosemy claims that these teams are all equal right now, but his prediction for Miami’s record this season may be telling.

“Undefeated of course.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Goes without saying we need out top talent to stay home. Only thing slowing us down is the top talent electing to defect. The country conference knows if we can keep our top talent home it's a wrap. They are scared and will circumvent the rules to keep this from happening.

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 2.56.43 PM.png

Advertisement
Miami needs to get this kid on board!! Another stud from SoFla, I think he will commit next year and MIAMI will be his pick..

Kid gonna be a modern day T.O love the way he plays this 2020 wr class is going to be crazy! He's gonna ball out hope he's all Cane!

Five-star St. Thomas wide receiver Marcus Rosemy is arguably the top receiver in the country in the 2020 class and the 6’3’’ 200 pound pass-catcher is on top of Miami’s wide receiver board for 2020. Between Marcus Fleming, Bryan Robinson, and Marc Britt, Miami is already loaded at receiver in the 2020 class. This, however, is not a concern for Rosemy.

“I don’t care about other receivers. It does not matter, you’ve got to go compete.”

Recruiting will come later for Rosemy. Right now, he is focused on getting Aquinas back to the state championship game.

“The team looking really good. I think offense, we looking way better than we did last year. We looking in sync this year. Hopefully we got a breakout year this year.”

Rosemy visited Miami for Paradise Camp and continued to build his bond with the UM coaching staff. Rosemy went against some of the top defensive backs in the area and with all that great competition, there was one guy who stood out to him.

“Henry Gray for sure. We were talking a little bit. I sharpen him up, he sharpens me up, we just go at it. We only went one time. It was a bad throw, but I’ll give it to him.”

Receivers coach Ron Dugans has made Rosemy a priority, but so has Mike Harley. Rosemy's former teammate at St. Thomas is doing his best to continue the St. Thomas to Miami pipeline.

“He is just telling me I should come, but not telling me I need to come to Miami. He’s telling me stay focused, ball out this year, do what I’ve got to do. Worry about the college later and focus about this season.”

Rosemy is doing just that, focusing on this upcoming season. He is putting all distractions aside and doing whatever he can to help his team win.

“I just stay in my tunnel vision, keep working, then when a team come up, I am ready to play.”

One of the distractions that Rosemy is putting aside is his 5-star ranking and the hype that comes with it.

“I’m blessed to be called a five star, but I don't care about stars. I just want to play football.”

Rosemy plans on breaking the St. Thomas receiving record and getting his team back to states.

When asked if he even knew what the receiving record was, he gave a very Miami style answer.

“Nope, but I know I want to beat it.”

Due to the NCAA rules for 2020 prospects, coach Dugans can only talk to Rosemy when he is on campus. This is why Dugans wants Rosemy on campus as much as possible.

“He just wants me to be there so I can get acclimated with the system and with the teammates and just be around Miami. Get the vibe.”

Miami games are becoming a fun environment again and recruits do not want to miss out. Which games can we expect to see Rosemy at?

“I’ll definitely at the FSU game.”

While Miami has been able to get Rosemy on campus a couple of times, other schools are also pushing hard for the 5-star talent.

“Florida is. Florida State is. Georgia really is… and Ohio State.”

Rosemy claims that these teams are all equal right now, but his prediction for Miami’s record this season may be telling.

“Undefeated of course.”

At the 1:06 Mark was that Munoz fighting off the double team and tagging Rosemy?

Advertisement
Andre Johnson 2.0 🙌
I've heard some others make the same comparison but I honestly haven't seen Rosemy play yet. Whatever the case may be, the kid seems to be very receptive to UM. I think he is ours to lose. It seems as though Dugans has already built a strong relationship with Rosemy. Just look at that potential 2020 WR haul. Britt, Fleming, Robinson and Rosemy. That is as elite as it gets.

2020 signing day is still 1 and a half years away but if Dugans pulls that off we are going to have to figure out a way to keep him on staff because other programs will continue to come I him hard. I wonder if Dugans has any potential as a play caller or an offensive coordinator. I am aware of his new title but I find it to be rather void of meaning since Richt is the actual play caller/OC.

Goes without saying we need out top talent to stay home. Only thing slowing us down is the top talent electing to defect. The country conference knows if we can keep our top talent home it's a wrap. They are scared and will circumvent the rules to keep this from happening.

Very, very underrated post!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back