Marcus Rosemy Plans Spring Visits, Talks Canes

View as article
Regarding this whole Rosemy affair, this is my take away. We have to stop wasting time on kids when there is little to no chance of them coming, but there is a great chance of them making us look to be the fool. It’s a waste of resources, and it also projects a terrible loser third rate image of Miami.
Precisely, and even if Dugans was still here we weren't landing Rosemy.

Him saying he wants us to "text him more & show more love" is him looking to drag us along through the process just to be a hat on the table when he commits to Oh St/UGA/Bama etc at whichever Under Armor/Army All-American game he plays in.

I'm glad the staff figured this out & aren't going to waste their time.

Advertisement
Precisely, and even if Dugans was still here we weren't landing Rosemy.

Him saying he wants us to "text him more & show more love" is him looking to drag us along through the process just to be a hat on the table when he commits to Oh St/UGA/Bama etc at whichever Under Armor/Army All-American game he plays in.

I'm glad the staff figured this out & aren't going to waste their time.
Kids just want the hat on the table as an option they won’t consider so they don’t **** off friends and family that like Miami

Nobody asked him to grill the kid! He’s acting like we said ask him, “Why the **** you talking bout Miami like that?” The kid said himself Miami isn’t really reaching out, he could have followed up with, “well do you think it’s because you said x,y,z and Miami felt upset by that”

Regardless he wasn’t up to asking that and it’s fine. However, don’t exaggerate like we saying to interrogate him
But we already know why Miami isn't reaching out so what does it matter?

Yall just want him to grill him about the Instagram post, why would we he do that? It's pretty obvious what the situation is, what exactly more did you need to hear?

The kid ain't coming & it's been known for several months, so what more do you need to know?

But we already know why Miami isn't reaching out so what does it matter?

Yall just want him to grill him about the Instagram post, why would we he do that? It's pretty obvious what the situation is, what exactly more did you need to hear?

The kid ain't coming & it's been known for several months, so what more do you need to know?

So this interview was dumb and unnecessary

Boo ******* hoo. It’s criticism from the readers so deal with it. Lol to you guys running to Matt’s side like he just got beat up by the neighborhood bullies for the 13th time this month. I’m sure he could handle himself like a big boy.

Advertisement
Some on here and many nationwide have been gargling saban seed.
What would little Nicky do to a kid that attends a high school 45 minutes away and called bama trash and dead.
I’m sure he has stubbs, manny and enos’s number and can text and explain why he said that and that he still wants to visit etc.. and not have to say or explain himself to us or anyone else.
We’ve seen these kids that ask for texts and calls like we’re some THOT only to leave the hat on the table.

First of all, if any of you had a 16 year old son that was "grilled" by a reporter, how would you feel? Probably ready to kick the reporters ***.

Secondly, why burn bridges with a 16 year old? I said and did some dumb sh*t when I was 16. Even though Rosemy stated he needed to see more love from the U, I see no reason to burn the bridge, **** him off, him tell his friends, and risk the chance of reduced access to other recruits and the school. I'm not saying they should have their asses kissed, but the subtle approach employed by all the CIS staff retains their integrity and helps insure future access.

I've seen this subtle approach consistently used by ALL the CIS reporters when interviewing recruits. I believe this approach is appropriate; especially dealing with 16,17,18 year olds. Whatever info the reporters get is from the horses mouth and info we probably wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

Is it possible for our staff to recruit this kid but not go all out unless he's genuinely interested in us? Have Stubbs/Cooney/Baez text him and get on campus and go from there. Not that hard to recruit the kid when he lives 5 min away. If he's trending towards an OOS school then cut off all ties and move on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just read the first five comments. Guess I'm not posting this article on twitter.

You have your moments...But you really have no clue how to do your job. So take the criticism...You'll grow and learn. I agree with you some what you don't want to start asking questions that will cause no one to give you an interview TO A CERTAIN EXTENT.

And man you ride the STA d**k the way Marrerro used to ride Columbus.

Look. You never know how a kid will react to a question like that. I'm not going to risk damaging my connections at STA over an interview with a kid that's not coming here.

I think there is a way to ask the question in a manner that is respectful of the young man and sensitive to his age/maturity level, but maintains a greater degree of intellectual honesty by addressing the elephant in the room. But at the end of the day, it is your professional reputation on the line (not ours). Do what you are comfortable doing to put out work product that you feel comfortable standing behind.

At the end of the day, this kid wasn't coming here, anyway.

Advertisement
To me I see Rosemy as a player with good height and quickness but lacking the speed to be an elite receiver on the college level. That said I think he can be a productive contributor for whatever school he signs with.

To me I see Rosemy as a player with good height and quickness but lacking the speed to be an elite receiver on the college level. That said I think he can be a productive contributor for whatever school he signs with.
Ran a 4.59 at 6’2 180, with a 36 inch vertical That’s good

Advertisement
Back