Marcus Carey RIP

• Thread starter Deleted member 25719
  • Start date
Advertisement
RIP Marcus. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Wasn't it Marcus Carey that tackled the Syracuse TE short of the goaline to preserve the win in the Carrier Dome back in 1992?
Greer

Advertisement
I am told he passed away from cancer. The guys saw Marcus at the 30th anniversary of the 89 national championship team last year he he was doing great with no signs of any illness. I guess the illness was aggressive and the world has lost a good man and true Hurricane. Life is fragile. RIP Marcus
Yes. Report I read said it was cancer, but suggested he battled it for a long time. Don’t know if it was an accurate report.
We’ve lost so many since we re-emerged as a power in the early ‘80’s....so many.

These guys were too young to pass.

Very sad. I thank my lucky stars I’ve reached the age I have. So many friends and relatives are gone.

Yes. Report I read said it was cancer, but suggested he battled it for a long time. Don’t know if it was an accurate report.
We’ve lost so many since we re-emerged as a power in the early ‘80’s....so many.

These guys were too young to pass.

Very sad. I thank my lucky stars I’ve reached the age I have. So many friends and relatives are gone.
So true Mat, that group has been hit hard by guys passing at a young age. May they all RIP.

Advertisement
Back