Official MARCH MADNESS MEGA THREAD

1678828601565.png

Advertisement
Possible opponents for us at each round:

R32: Indiana, Kent State

S16: Houston, Iowa, Auburn, Northern Kentucky

E8: Texas, Xavier, Iowa State, Texas A&M, Penn State, Mississippi State/Pittsburgh, Kennesaw State, Colgate

F4: Kansas, UCLA, Gonzaga, UConn, Saint Mary's, TCU, Northwestern, Arkansas, Illinois, Boise State, Mississippi State/Pittsburgh, VCU + 13-16 seed teams from West

Championship: 1 - Alabama, Purdue 2 - Arizona, Marquette, 3 - Baylor, Kansas State, 4 - Virginia, Tennessee, 5 - Duke, San Diego State, 6 - Creighton, Kentucky 7-16 seeds from South and East

What matchups would give us the best chance to win our first? If we can avoid Houston and Texas somehow, the Final 4 seems pretty reasonable.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Possible opponents for us at each round:

R32: Indiana, Kent State

S16: Houston, Iowa, Auburn, Northern Kentucky

E8: Texas, Xavier, Iowa State, Texas A&M, Penn State, Mississippi State/Pittsburgh, Kennesaw State, Colgate

F4: Kansas, UCLA, Gonzaga, UConn, Saint Mary's, TCU, Northwestern, Arkansas, Illinois, Boise State, Mississippi State/Pittsburgh, VCU + 13-16 seed teams from West

Championship: 1 - Alabama, Purdue 2 - Arizona, Marquette, 3 - Baylor, Kansas State, 4 - Virginia, Tennessee, 5 - Duke, San Diego State, 6 - Creighton, Kentucky 7-16 seeds from South and East

What matchups would give us the best chance to win our first? If we can avoid Houston and Texas somehow, the Final 4 seems pretty reasonable.
R64 - Drake
R32 - Kent state
S16 - Auburn
E8 - Iowa state/Texas A&M
F4 - Gonzaga/Saint Mary’s
Champ - UVA/Baylor/Purdue

IMO that’s the BEST (while being somewhat reasonable ) path we have to winning it all.

That means we’d have to beat a:

#12 seed

#13 seed

#6/#10 seed

#3/#5 seed

#4/#3/#1 seed

WITH Omier none of the teams I listed scare me…

The basketball Gods lined this up perfect for me. Friday's game is after work and then Sunday I'll be in AZ if we make it to the second round.

Advertisement
▪ Former Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski, now doing a show on Sirius XM, like this Canes basketball team: “They would be my dark horse if [Norchad Omier, who has an ankle injury], is healthy. He got hurt in the Duke game in the ACC Tournament. He was the one guy who is so-called undersized in height, but not in strength. I mean, he’s a strong player who did a good job against our height and athleticism. And he’s the missing link for them.”

Omier has been rehabilitating his injured ankle all week, but his status for Friday remains uncertain, coach Jim Larranaga said Wednesday. He did stretching and shooting on Wednesday. ”Whether he can actually run and jump, we’ll have to wait and see that [Thursday],” Larranaga said. “We’ll keep our fingers crossed whether he’s able to suit up on Friday.”

Krzyzewski loves UM 6-6 guard Jordan Miller, who averaged 15.3 points, 6.2 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 1.3 steals and shot 54.1 percent from the field and 36 percent on threes. “I think the kid who played as well as anyone in our league was Jordan Miller,” he said. “[He’s] terrific. He’s gonna be a pro. He’s left-handed. He’s got length. He’s got a pro body, and he played like a pro. And so then you have guards, [Nijel] Pack and [Isaiah] Wong, right? Miami can match up against anybody. Their guards are outstanding.” And Coach K said: “I like Jim Larranaga. He’s one of the really outstanding coaches and good guys… If [Houston’s Marcus] Sasser’s not ready, Miami, and they still might advance if Sasser’s ready if they meet in the Sweet 16.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article273172280.html#storylink=cpy

▪ Former Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski, now doing a show on Sirius XM, like this Canes basketball team: “They would be my dark horse if [Norchad Omier, who has an ankle injury], is healthy. He got hurt in the Duke game in the ACC Tournament. He was the one guy who is so-called undersized in height, but not in strength. I mean, he’s a strong player who did a good job against our height and athleticism. And he’s the missing link for them.”

Omier has been rehabilitating his injured ankle all week, but his status for Friday remains uncertain, coach Jim Larranaga said Wednesday. He did stretching and shooting on Wednesday. ”Whether he can actually run and jump, we’ll have to wait and see that [Thursday],” Larranaga said. “We’ll keep our fingers crossed whether he’s able to suit up on Friday.”

Krzyzewski loves UM 6-6 guard Jordan Miller, who averaged 15.3 points, 6.2 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 1.3 steals and shot 54.1 percent from the field and 36 percent on threes. “I think the kid who played as well as anyone in our league was Jordan Miller,” he said. “[He’s] terrific. He’s gonna be a pro. He’s left-handed. He’s got length. He’s got a pro body, and he played like a pro. And so then you have guards, [Nijel] Pack and [Isaiah] Wong, right? Miami can match up against anybody. Their guards are outstanding.” And Coach K said: “I like Jim Larranaga. He’s one of the really outstanding coaches and good guys… If [Houston’s Marcus] Sasser’s not ready, Miami, and they still might advance if Sasser’s ready if they meet in the Sweet 16.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article273172280.html#storylink=cpy
....And we have bunch of duffs on espn and cbs sports saying we won't get past Drake.

Advertisement
Back