Official MARCH MADNESS MEGA THREAD

Advertisement

It’s always been my understanding that the payout for NCAA Tournament units go to the conference over six years. Assuming this is what he’s referring to, won’t FIU get more direct money from this run than FAU considering FAU is changing leagues? Will FAU get any payout this year on the way out the door?

Apologies for the Sister Jean of this article

It’s always been my understanding that the payout for NCAA Tournament units go to the conference over six years. Assuming this is what he’s referring to, won’t FIU get more direct money from this run than FAU considering FAU is changing leagues? Will FAU get any payout this year on the way out the door?

Apologies for the Sister Jean of this article
It’s a yearly payout to the conference that gets redistributed to each team & they choose how to allocate it back into the program.

In 2021, the Unit payout for each tourney Win up until the Final Four was roughly $342,000 per win.

But conferences also get Unit points for number of teams in Tourney, At-Large bids & top seeding.

Impact of a successful athletic program.
I wonder if Guy would cook a pregame meal for the Hoops team next year.
Does he know how to cook anything healthy? 😂.

Advertisement
It’s a yearly payout to the conference that gets redistributed to each team & they choose how to allocate it back into the program.

In 2021, the Unit payout for each tourney Win up until the Final Four was roughly $342,000 per win.

But conferences also get Unit points for number of teams in Tourney, At-Large bids & top seeding.
Found the UMASS AD speculating that they’ll likely see virtually none of the money. Of course, they’ll make far more NCAA Tourney over the long run in the AAC.

Found the UMASS AD speculating that they’ll likely see virtually none of the money. Of course, they’ll make far more NCAA Tourney over the long run in the AAC.

If that’s true that sucks...

I always thought it was payouts through the fiscal year at the end of the season & because CBB seasons are always from 1 year into another (21-22, 22-23 etc), that it’s basically 2 year payout by the NCAA.

But idk exactly, the NCAA is such a fraudulent organization, they rake in BILLIONS from March Madness & still selectively penny pinch with who they pay the most.

Advertisement
Advertisement
After the UConn beat down of the Zags, talk has gone from "anyone can win this Tourney" to "just give the Huskies the NC now." If they do win, what will this be, 4 or 5 men's championships for them?

After the UConn beat down of the Zags, talk has gone from "anyone can win this Tourney" to "just give the Huskies the NC now." If they do win, what will this be, 4 or 5 men's championships for them?
It'd be their 5th. I'm from CT and I hate Uconn. I'm glad the women lost yesterday lol.

Advertisement
We MUST get past Texas now that Howard’s OTHER Florida team got into the Final Four.
FAU Is a grear example of why all the hand-wringing over Tourney seed was/is such a crock. UNC, an 8 seed last year, just another example.

Saw a tweet that of the starters on Elite Eight teams, 19 of the total of 40 are transfers. Tells you alot about how top teams are built in 2023.

We've got two homegrown players and three xsfers.

So the travel expenses of Miami and other ACC teams are probably reimbursed, then the rest is thrown into the pot for even distribution among all ACC teams. It seems to say that you max out when you get to the Final Four but earn no more for winning semi or the final.

Advertisement
Back