Marcel Southall

Canesince91

Sophomore
Sorry if I missed it in a previous thread.
But is there a real shot at this kid? is he being actively recruited?

Advertisement
Yeah sounds like he will ov and richt has an in home set up with coach kool going as well.

Yes. He had a good relationship with Kool while he was at Mizzou and he's in coach kool's primary recruiting ground.

Pretty sure his cover pic on twitter is Aldon Smith and I'm sure he knows who made Smith..

Sorry if I missed it in a previous thread.
But is there a real shot at this kid? is he being actively recruited?

Real chance, kid claims no leaders. He is also Coach Richts second in home after Bruce. Richt will be visiting with Coach Kool Sunday.

Advertisement
I haven't watched his film, how does he look?

Strong, quick off the ball, high motor, just a little underweight right now, if he RS he could be a really good player, his profile says 280lbs.

Could be a role player for a few years and really be an impact player by year 3 imo.

Strong, quick off the ball, high motor, just a little underweight right now, if he RS he could be a really good player, his profile says 280lbs.

Could be a role player for a few years and really be an impact player by year 3 imo.

Being quick off the ball and having a high motor will pay dividends in Kool's system we need more of this.

Advertisement

Being quick off the ball and having a high motor will pay dividends in Kool's system we need more of this.

I think those are the guys Kool likes regardless of star rating or anything. He knows he can fine up their technique and S&C can get them ready for this level, you can't teach effort though. That's what Mizzou was successful with during his time their anyway.

I think those are the guys Kool likes regardless of star rating or anything. He knows he can fine up their technique and S&C can get them ready for this level, you can't teach effort though. That's what Mizzou was successful with during his time their anyway.

Agreed. Seems like the first and second things he looks for judging by that quote about getting their feet across the LOS when the balls snapped.

Hope we land him...Been a while since we got a stud out of Texas

Them Texas boys like to play for NCs too. If we win and the TX schools(and OU) keep coming up short, we ill get a shot at some. Just need to pick a couple cherries out there.

Southall has goods to be quality contributor after a redshirt year. He is classic diamond in the rough 3star that Coach Kul turns into a beast. As for being under weight the kid has the frame to add 30lbs of quality weight in a redshirt year.

Oklahoma is on this kid hard and they are closer to home for him but there is a lot of love for Miami in Texas and I think the relationship with Kul will tip the scales for Miami.

Go Canes

Advertisement
South Dallas loves the Canes. If we had been pushing for this guy all year I think he'd already be a Cane. As it is, OU will be tough. Great school to get our hooks into, too. Mentioned it before, but the Texas version of Ice Harris just moved to this guy's school (Duncanville), they're going to pump out some talent.

If I'm not mistaken, no OV to OU. Why do folks think he's leaning there? I know he visited Texas. He's here now. Ole Miss next week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back