Mar 4 vs Florida 7pm ACCNX

This is why I made a big deal out of leaving Palm in the pen. Walters and then him would have been a dream. But when it comes down to it, Rosario is lost and we don’t even have 3 decent starters now without Palm there either. So it’s pick your poison unfortunately
Jesus not this again.
Palm has started his development as a starter...and that's the way this works..can you just stop. I see you like baseball, but you're the guy that sums up season in a handful of games.

The move to put Palm to a Friday starter was inevitable.. honestly, i figured he would be a Sunday guy. I really didn't think Rosario would have these early struggles, but that's baseball.

He has the goods, just had to figure it out mentally. The team has to as well. From what I've seen is that when Rosario struggles the own does too, go figure

We look good right now. Real good. We've had moments when bats got quiet, but overall we look good. We don't look like a team that's going to over power you, but we look good enough to give the best teams a hard time, and the crazy part is that we still have Rosario!

I'd like to see us be a little more aggressive at the plate when opposing starters are working the 3rd pass in the lineup, especially, and I think we're capable. I also think that Gino has a little bit of an antiquated approach to those situations.

Either way, I am excited to see what these guys develop into

Advertisement
Jesus not this again.
Palm has started his development as a starter...and that's the way this works..can you just stop. I see you like baseball, but you're the guy that sums up season in a handful of games.

The move to put Palm to a Friday starter was inevitable.. honestly, i figured he would be a Sunday guy. I really didn't think Rosario would have these early struggles, but that's baseball.

He has the goods, just had to figure it out mentally. The team has to as well. From what I've seen is that when Rosario struggles the own does too, go figure

We look good right now. Real good. We've had moments when bats got quiet, but overall we look good. We don't look like a team that's going to over power you, but we look good enough to give the best teams a hard time, and the crazy part is that we still have Rosario!

I'd like to see us be a little more aggressive at the plate when opposing starters are working the 3rd pass in the lineup, especially, and I think we're capable. I also think that Gino has a little bit of an antiquated approach to those situations.

Either way, I am excited to see what these guys develop into
If you would’ve read my posts from the game, earlier games and before the season I stated that if we found a closer that could go 6, Palm could be needed as a starter. I didn’t believe we had that guy. Walters has filled that role better than anyone could’ve hoped so far. So check that off. Rosario struggling, means Palm is absolutely needed as a starter. That wasn’t expected a month ago. Never did I mention Palm should be moved back. I also never said Rosario is done for the year or that I’ve given up on him. But conference play is coming up, and he’s nowhere close to in form.

In that post I said the situation we were in was why I had reservations about moving Palm out of the pen and that him and Walters would’ve been a dream. You could chalk up a win after 6 innings if you’re leading with them two. I also said if we find 6 outs we will have a real chance to do some damage.

If you would’ve read my posts from the game, earlier games and before the season I stated that if we found a closer that could go 6, Palm could be needed as a starter. I didn’t believe we had that guy. Walters has filled that role better than anyone could’ve hoped so far. So check that off. Rosario struggling, means Palm is absolutely needed as a starter. That wasn’t expected a month ago. Never did I mention Palm should be moved back. I also never said Rosario is done for the year or that I’ve given up on him. But conference play is coming up, and he’s nowhere close to in form.

In that post I said the situation we were in was why I had reservations about moving Palm out of the pen and that him and Walters would’ve been a dream. You could chalk up a win after 6 innings if you’re leading with them two. I also said if we find 6 outs we will have a real chance to do some damage.
I didn't read your other posts.
Sorry
But Palm was being projected as a starter already and we already had Walters who had closer stuff. What do you really know about this team?

And you're right conference play is coming and is also not defined by the first couple of series.

Baseball is baseball and anyone who's knows it .. understands that the season is long.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove.

But Miami has 4 starters, a good closer and a decent pen...with a dugout full of young, energetic baseball players.

Gino is going to be Gino. You can't change that, but if Miami wants to earn some more hardware off the diamond, Gino better learn when to play small and when to play aggressive.

YOU sir, need to get over your idea that Palm isn't a starter and doesn't need to be anywhere else, regardless of the situation. This isnt little league

I didn't read your other posts.
Sorry
But Palm was being projected as a starter already and we already had Walters who had closer stuff. What do you really know about this team?

And you're right conference play is coming and is also not defined by the first couple of series.

Baseball is baseball and anyone who's knows it .. understands that the season is long.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove.

But Miami has 4 starters, a good closer and a decent pen...with a dugout full of young, energetic baseball players.

Gino is going to be Gino. You can't change that, but if Miami wants to earn some more hardware off the diamond, Gino better learn when to play small and when to play aggressive.

YOU sir, need to get over your idea that Palm isn't a starter and doesn't need to be anywhere else, regardless of the situation. This isnt little league
Again I never said to move Palm back to the pen. I understand the season is long, but my opinions are always in the present. This is a game thread so of course it’s talking about the here and now.

I knew Walters had closer stuff, but he’s never been the guy. And to expect someone who’s never been the guy, to get you 6 big outs at least once a weekend is a big ask. That’s why I said he’s don’t better than anyone could have hoped.

And generally speaking this team is looking and projecting better than I expected. Really hoping Ligon can be a guy. That’ll allow Rosario to work his way back and not be forced into action before he’s all their again. And again hoping we can find 6 outs from the bullpen.

Advertisement
Liking the green unis and new batting helmets

UF_34__1.jpg

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2h1cnJpY2FuZXNwb3J0cy1jb20vMjAyMC8wNi9kZjU4N2NkMS0wMWZyYXNlcjkyMDAtMDA4LmpwZw.jpg

They don't draw well at home either - part of the reason O'Sullivan was considering the LSU job IMO.
I’ve been to some parks around the country. By a country mile UF has the biggest snooze fest of an atmosphere of any major college baseball program game I’ve been too. If my canes weren’t playing I could have easily fallen asleep

Advertisement
I’ve been to some parks around the country. By a country mile UF has the biggest snooze fest of an atmosphere of any major college baseball program game I’ve been too. If my canes weren’t playing I could have easily fallen asleep
I was at the 2012 UF/NC State Super down there and you are correct. As good as both those teams were, and as much superstar talent as there was on the field, I was expecting an electric atmosphere. Was a snooze fest.

I was at the 2012 UF/NC State Super down there and you are correct. As good as both those teams were, and as much superstar talent as there was on the field, I was expecting an electric atmosphere. Was a snooze fest.
Miami and FSU don’t have the sexiest facilities and they don’t hold the capacity of many of the big time parks around the country. But both of the fan bases bring an atmosphere that is unmatched from what I’ve witnessed. Miami gets the edge between those two also. Mississippi State and LSU are electric but if you gave miami that many die hard fans in one park it would be something college baseball has never seen before

Miami and FSU don’t have the sexiest facilities and they don’t hold the capacity of many of the big time parks around the country. But both of the fan bases bring an atmosphere that is unmatched from what I’ve witnessed. Miami gets the edge between those two also. Mississippi State and LSU are electric but if you gave miami that many die hard fans in one park it would be something college baseball has never seen before
Arkansas and Ole Miss are the best atmospheres I’ve ever been in for college baseball, when it comes to home games. Idk that anything will ever match State/Carolina at the ACCT when they went like 18 innings a while back.

But I agree that no matter what Miami won’t be that. Even taking facilities out of it. Which is weird to me bc it’s such a baseball community. You would think that the Light would be packed for UVA, GT, UNC, State, and Louisville would be as packed as UF and FSU series. There’s a lot of good baseball in this conference that people are missing out on bc the names on the jerseys don’t get people excited.

Advertisement
At least they have beautiful sight lines, scenic views of Gainesville, and delicious potato donuts to make up for their lack of atmosphere now

Vandy has the whistler which drives most of their own fans nuts. They can not stand it

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back