Mar 20 at Clemson 1pm ACCNX

Advertisement
I know I don’t post in the baseball forum as frequently as the football forum, but this Miami team appears to be almost a mirror image of what we’ve witnessed thus far under Baby Dimare’s tenure; one game we look like str8 beast, & the next, we look str8 feast for the opponent. Happy we got the 2-1 series victory, but going 2-2 this week, & the fashion we went 2-2 is humbling.

It’s feast or famine w/ this squad at both the plate & mound which is not a great combo as the season prolongs facing better teams w/ better pitching/batting. We all know Gino got the job b/c of who his dad is. Jim had his day earlier in his tenure, but we haven’t sniffed the College WS since, what, ‘16?? Then we hired the assistant on that staff to lead the program??

Gino, like Diaz, were lazy, nepotism/cronyism hires by Blake that’s led to both programs falling short of expectations & playing below talent levels. It would behoove Rad to make a complete assessment of this team after this season & give Gino his walking papers if this team doesn’t make the College WS for the 6th str8 season. It’s the same chit every year: helter skelter personality; that won’t cut it. ****, I’ll be happy w/ a L in a close one, but not these blow outs. Consistency is the biggest issue I’ve noticed for quite some time for Miami baseball. We’re a storied program & can’t get out of our own way on the diamond. SMH.

Advertisement
I know I don’t post in the baseball forum as frequently as the football forum, but this Miami team appears to be almost a mirror image of what we’ve witnessed thus far under Baby Dimare’s tenure; one game we look like str8 beast, & the next, we look str8 feast for the opponent. Happy we got the 2-1 series victory, but going 2-2 this week, & the fashion we went 2-2 is humbling.

It’s feast or famine w/ this squad at both the plate & mound which is not a great combo as the season prolongs facing better teams w/ better pitching/batting. We all know Gino got the job b/c of who his dad is. Jim had his day earlier in his tenure, but we haven’t sniffed the College WS since, what, ‘16?? Then we hired the assistant on that staff to lead the program??

Gino, like Diaz, were lazy, nepotism/cronyism hires by Blake that’s led to both programs falling short of expectations & playing below talent levels. It would behoove Rad to make a complete assessment of this team after this season & give Gino his walking papers if this team doesn’t make the College WS for the 6th str8 season. It’s the same chit every year: helter skelter personality; that won’t cut it. ****, I’ll be happy w/ a L in a close one, but not these blow outs. Consistency is the biggest issue I’ve noticed for quite some time for Miami baseball. We’re a storied program & can’t get out of our own way on the diamond. SMH.
Miami’s hiring criteria seems to boil down to one factor: does this candidate have connections to the school? This is a mistake. Whether or not a candidate has ties to the school is irrelevant and is based on emotion. Hire the best candidate period.

Advertisement
On somewhat related note: Rad, move up Friday’s first pitch time!
I was thinking the same thing. Can that fancy new scoreboard show a stream of the game or have it cast to it - have a free showing for all Canes fans, baseball and otherwise, there and at Watsco.

Really not a fan of romero in the cleanup spot so far...
He's becoming a bit of a stat compiler with HRs against Towson, FIU, FAU.

Yoyo and Romero will remain 3,4 barring a miracle so I guess we'll need to hope they turn it on.

Advertisement
He's becoming a bit of a stat compiler with HRs against Towson, FIU, FAU.

Yoyo and Romero will remain 3,4 barring a miracle so I guess we'll need to hope they turn it on.
Yeah, the shine is starting to wear off on our new toy from Vandy. Burke has been a pleasant surprise though.

Advertisement
Back