Manziel disses our Bernie

Martycane

Sophomore
Bernie Wants to Help

By Dan Labbe, Cleveland.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Former Cleveland Browns quarterback Bernie Kosar has tried to reach out to Johnny Manziel. Manziel hasn't responded, according to Kosar.

"I'm embarrassed to even tell you how many times I tried," Kosar, the beloved former Browns quarterback, told USA TODAY Sports on Tuesday. "I have tried to call him directly 18 different ways. If he chooses not to talk to me, that's his choice.

"I'm not mad at him. But there's a point where there's an element of respect that's involved."

Kosar tells USA Today that he's concerned Manziel's "excessive partying" could harm his career:

"'That's definitely a possibility,' said Kosar, 52, who played for the Browns from 1985 to 1993 and is the team's second all-time leading passer. 'I'm not saying he doesn't have a chance to change, but that's a possibility.'"
Kosar also shared his feelings on Manziel not attending the team's final game of the regular season and offered this advice:

"If he could talk to Manziel, Kosar said he would share advice he got from Howard Schnellenberger, Kosar's coach when he played at the University of Miami. Kosar said Schnellenberger stressed the importance of a quarterback's behavior.
"'If you are not doing the right thing, you can't expect the rest of the team to,' Kosar recalled (former University of Miami coach Howard) Schnellenberger saying. "That advice has always stuck with me, and I would love to tell Johnny that. He could use it.'"
Read the whole thing over at USA Today.

Report: Nike considering dropping Manziel

Meanwhile, Manziel could be in danger of losing his most prominent endorsement deal, according to TMZ:

"Johnny Manziel is in danger of losing his biggest sponsor -- Nike -- with sources telling TMZ Sports the company is 'on the fence' about dropping the QB from its roster this off-season.
"In fact, one highly placed Nike source tells us ... 'We are worried about him and hope things will turn around in the right direction ... but we are on the fence if [our relationship] will continue.'"

Advertisement
Manziel is the most worthless ******* piece of **** to ever be apart of a professional sports

Don't feel bad for him ruining his future whatsoever. Better be thanking those rich oil drilling grandparents(?) For being his fallback option

Manziel is just a punk, rich kid who always got everything he wanted. Just imagine what he could be if he would dedicate himself to his craft. I'm sure Bernie could teach him a lesson or two.

Advertisement
Kosar counseling Manziel is like Keith Richards counseling Scott Weiland.

This! Spot on, but perhaps Bernie's past gives him a perspective on such things. That said, Manziel is probably more interested in talking to Bernie's daughter.

Advertisement
he's limited physically and as mentioned he comes from money so he's probably not that driven to succeed in the NFL anyway, I dont get why people feel a need to reach and out "save" these guys that throw away opportunities, guys wash out of the league every year thats why we have a draft.....NEXT

Advertisement
If Johnnie Manzel doesn't catch that fumble out of mid air and complete a TD pass against Alabama, no one in America would know who he is right now.

His Warhol clock is currently reading 14:59.

bernie.jpg

Advertisement
he's limited physically and as mentioned he comes from money so he's probably not that driven to succeed in the NFL anyway, I dont get why people feel a need to reach and out "save" these guys that throw away opportunities, guys wash out of the league every year thats why we have a draft.....NEXT

Perhaps Bernie has an interest in JF because their shared Cleveland Browns connection....

Advertisement
Back