Manuel Diaz ?

Santana333

Freshman
So this team stinks due in part to this a senile HC with lack of offensive innovation, a ****** OL coach and an atrocious ST coach. Real question is will manny bolt for the HC gig or hang around for Rork Micht to make “CHANGES”?

Advertisement
I would guess that it will depend on the quality of his options.
If he gets a better offer I’m sure he would take it.

After showing he can adapt and evolve, you look at the changes he’s made from last season, and how dominant his defense is, he’s gonna have HC offers. I’m not sure if any will be big time enough for him to jump.

I’d be more worried about elite programs offering him God contracts. He’d be looking at a huge raise and a potential chance to not have his defense be paired with one of the worst offenses in the country. He can get off this sinking ship before it’s too late.

Advertisement
If he gets a higher paying DC job, he would be smart to leave. He won't get a HC offer coaching under Richt because he won't be a hot target if we lose to ACC Coastal teams. I could see a big school team like Penn State, USC, UCLA etc. make a big money offer to be their DC.

It's sad because the defense is good and will continue to be. It's the offense that sucks I mean when you give the ball back to the other team and have to defend a short field

Lol don't count out the option of Manny bolting even if it's just to serve as a DC somewhere else.

He knows what the problems are. He's probably going to sit down with Richt at some point soon and ask Richt if he plans on making changes, if he doesn't like the answer, that mother fvcker is long gone.

Advertisement
And if manny diaz leaves, just like coach richt put this staff together, and just like he upgraded the d-line coach when coach kool left, he'll make another good hire for this program. But coach diaz not no punk, he understands whats going on and is not shallow like alot of these new turnover chain, bandwagon UM fans. He's from here and is home now, coaching the players and type athlete's with the mindset that he luv's, he understands that this is a building process, and he's not looking to abandon ship, he understands that adversity is necessary, itll show who's True and who's not.

In that type of game, we all know what deejay dallas brings to this team, if he fumbles not once, but twice, you already know its just going to be one of those days. This is a process, takes time, but we are on track, the key is going to be which comes first, an above average o-line or a playmaker behind center, coach richt has given perry every opportunity to show he can lead this team, he doesnt have that sense of urgency yet cause he doesnt have full command or confidence of the offensive system yet, and staring down jt4 will not help.

Miami needs to offer him the HC gig... Make Richt the AD

People like you are why this program is dead.

Have you not figured out yet that this program needs a MONSTER elite HC to turn it around? And you want to hire the DC of a failing regime as if we havent gone down that failed road before???? Jesus christ

People like you are why this program is dead.

Have you not figured out yet that this program needs a MONSTER elite HC to turn it around? And you want to hire the DC of a failing regime as if we havent gone down that failed road before???? Jesus christ

People like you live in a complete fantasy world and sit on top of your made up castle spouting of irrational thought after irrational thought . Richt was rated the number 3 active recruiter in college when he came here. Top 10 classes every single year. He gave 1 million to the indoor and he has doubled the football team's profits. If you think they will just send him off and then get your so called Monster recruiter your smoking crack. Just tell me the monster recruiters who applied for the gig the last time around? There only chance after firing Richt in getting someone great is to get an up and coming coach who knows how to coach to his players. Its people like you that give this site and Miami fans a bad name,

Advertisement
Manny will leave if he gets an HC deal.... our hope is that it won't happen next year

Actually I hope Manny Diaz gets a HC opportunity or an NFL offer. And that Richt hires Brian VanGorder as his replacement.

That way, Richt will be fired as head coach after 2019. And we will have a new head coach in 2020.

Advertisement
I expect Manny to leave but the only chance he stays is if he doesn't like the current jobs that will be open at the end of the season.

I think Manny is a Miami guy, and that he likes it here. I think Miami's local recruiting base is perfect for his system and if he wants to, he can paint a masterpiece here, not something I think he can do at UNC or GT as HC. IMO, he's not ready to be a HC, and his coaching hires have been a bit suspect and so has his recruiting. Smart move for him is to keep his unit playing well and see what happens with MR, because there is no way that Miami doesnt make changes. Id really like to see us poach Lane Kiffin some how some way as the OC/HCiW. He's an elite recruiter and he scores points. His elite players eat in his offense. He knows the ins and outs of Bama, and how Pete Carroll does things.

If he gets a higher paying DC job, he would be smart to leave. He won't get a HC offer coaching under Richt because he won't be a hot target if we lose to ACC Coastal teams. I could see a big school team like Penn State, USC, UCLA etc. make a big money offer to be their DC.

Miami is not losing to UVA, BC, and Duke because of Manny. The defense is playing very well. Only a mediocre AD would hold Richt’s flaws against Diaz.

Advertisement
Back