Manu Lecomte

BearThatAteDBC

Redshirt Freshman
If he had only been patient he would be the point guard we needed this year. He has played well for Baylor but would have helped us both last year and now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lecomte is an inefficient, undersized offensive player.

Lecomte is a good player, you don't know what you're talking about. Not every player needs to be 6 5 or taller especially with your point guard.

He's a volume scorer shooting under 42% and 32% from 3. That's lousy. Coupled with the fact that he's not a good defender due to his size and we're not missing much.

Advertisement
We have no need for Burnett. Plenty of scorers on the roster. We really needed a graduate transfer point guard from some mid major that could have come in and provided a respectable Assist to Turnover ratio until Chris Lykes takes over next year. Oh well.

Burnett seems more valuable to this team than Manu. It seemed like Burnett was never given the green light that he needs. As a volume shooter, he can't be worried about the nine he missed when he's shooting the tenth. His efficiency and accuracy are way up (almost 45% from 3 and 93% from the line). This UM team needs a go-to scorer and I'm skeptical that Newton is that guy.

The poster who criticized Manu is right in that Manu is smaller and an inefficient volume shooter. Those true characterizations overlook Manu's strengths. Manu seemed to hit clutch shots for UM and he's got a better assists-turover ratio than Newton. There are nights I could skip Newton's single-mindedness in his driving to the basket without utilizing any shooters, like Reed or DJ. But, there are nights Newton is maximizing his strength and hiding his weakness.

Advertisement
Burnett seems more valuable to this team than Manu. It seemed like Burnett was never given the green light that he needs. As a volume shooter, he can't be worried about the nine he missed when he's shooting the tenth. His efficiency and accuracy are way up (almost 45% from 3 and 93% from the line). This UM team needs a go-to scorer and I'm skeptical that Newton is that guy.

The poster who criticized Manu is right in that Manu is smaller and an inefficient volume shooter. Those true characterizations overlook Manu's strengths. Manu seemed to hit clutch shots for UM and he's got a better assists-turover ratio than Newton. There are nights I could skip Newton's single-mindedness in his driving to the basket without utilizing any shooters, like Reed or DJ. But, there are nights Newton is maximizing his strength and hiding his weakness.

Let's see, Burnett was a volume scorer that couldn't shoot, didn't have any interest in playing defense, and had a freakishly low basketball IQ. At least with Manu, you'd have an additional ball handler on the roster, and I think that is far more important than having yet another volume scorer. Manu on this team wouldn't be taking the shots he's taking at Baylor, they are offensively challenged outside of a couple of guys. Miami needs someone that is at least able to throw a simple pass, Manu can do that, and his offense would be gravy. He would also be able to stretch the floor from beyond the arc, although he's a streaky shooter. Quan is best served coming off the bench, or as the starting two guard that is allowed to go get his independent of running the point.

Advertisement
Baylor 8-0 ranked 4th (six first place votes in AP poll), Manu leads team in minutes & assists, second with 14 PPG. 2.47 Assist/TO ratio. 11 steals in 248 minutes. 40% from 3 (5 attempts per game) and 80% from FT line (4.5 attempts per game).

Miami 6-2, Quan leads team in minutes, assists & 16 PPG. 13 steals in 270 minutes. 1.20 Assist/TO ratio. 13 steals in 270 minutes. 22% from 3 (1 attempt per game), 76% from FT line (5 attempts per game).

I was expecting a bigger difference in FT attempts per game.
Manu with a more than double Assist/TO ratio than Quan.

Advertisement
Back