Manny's Players?

canadianhurricane

Sophomore
I keep seeing this excuse and I don't understand why

* Our entire DL came from the portal
* James Williams and Kam could start on just about any other ACC team, today.
* Our defense has never looked at good as it did against A&M
* If all were healthy, we'd have the best RB room in the ACC

This loss isn't because of some remnants from the Manny era. During Manny's time, we had bartenders coaching our DBs. This year, we took the national champs DB coach.

Our teams issue is COACHING. We weren't ready for today, both offensively and defensively. Gattis thinks he's still in Ann arbor and Steele, who was great up til today, had a bad game also.

One thing I will credit Manny for, he adjusted quickly. Most HCs don't let go of an OC after just 1 season. Manny dropped Enos as soon as his first season was done. He also addressed depth issues by hitting the portal HARD!

A coaches job is to teach. When I watch our WRs make the same mental mistakes, I wonder what Gattis, our OC and WR position coach, does to actually address the issue. Does he clarify or simply what he's asking of the player? Does he adjust his playcalling to what the players does well? Or does he continue to ask the player to perform the same task and expect a different result? .. If you're unsure which one Gattis is, see TVD.

This loss, and our poor performances, are on Mario. He is a captain of the ship. Mario asked for just about everything before taking this job (New AD, New football building, bigger commitment from admin). He got everything and more. In today's CFB, you can change the identity of a program in ONE season, see Michigan State.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back