Manny on The Audible Podcast

Advertisement
You're just avoiding the comparison to Dabo, that's all.

You're really high on Manny. I get it. So were a lot of people about Randy, about Golden, about Richt.

This happens with every coach.

I'm not avoiding anything. The comparison doesn't hold up because dabo realized when he had problems that things needed to change and he made changes. Richt did not, therefore nothing changed therefore he had to go.

Who said I was high on Manny? Certainly wasn't me. I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic.

Dabo coached the majority of the 2008 season and won 4 games.

Then he won 9.

Then he won 6.

You're not going to win this argument by avoiding the question.

Dabo was given time. Richt was run out on a rail after 3 years.
Richt is a proven commodity
We KNOW he won’t win many big games
He had 20 years at Georgia to do it and didn’t!

Dabo was unproven but obviously their higher ups saw something they liked, his vision, his innovation, his passion....

Richt simply doesn’t have that.....therefore once the bubble in 17 burst, it was all downhill and no end in sight....Miami did the right thing, let’s hope Manny is the guy to lead this program...it’s early but I love what he’s doing so far!!!

In what way? BC, Duke, UVA, and GT all have significantly less talent than we do.

You said that they have half as much.

A totally "pulled-out-of-your-***" claim.

One thing that Miami fans always do regardless of coach is overrate the talent that's on the roster.

Advertisement
I'm not avoiding anything. The comparison doesn't hold up because dabo realized when he had problems that things needed to change and he made changes. Richt did not, therefore nothing changed therefore he had to go.

Dabo was never a coordinator. He was never a "scheme" guy. He always had to go out and hire highly competent coordinators because he, frankly, didn't know what he was doing. That was a big advantage.

Richt wanted to actually coach offense again so obviously he wasn't going to demote himself. What would be the point of that? If Richt wasn't going to call plays then he needed to go. And that's what happened.

Dabo lost more games than Richt in his first 3 years. Fact. Richt never got more years. Dabo did. Another fact. So any comparison is silly.

Advertisement
Richt simply doesn’t have that.....therefore once the bubble in 17 burst, it was all downhill and no end in sight....Miami did the right thing, let’s hope Manny is the guy to lead this program...it’s early but I love what he’s doing so far!!!

Giving guys three years before running them out will likely mean that Miami never returns to greatness.

This fan base will continue being a huge hindrance to winning a championship again.

bro dabo was a first-time head coach and Richt had more than a decade.

This "first 3 years" comparison is absurd.

bro dabo was a first-time head coach and Richt had more than a decade.

This "first 3 years" comparison is absurd.

Even better.

Richt had a .740% winning percentage in the SEC.

Dabo was a position coach who was 19-15.

Any praising of Dabo is revionist and in hindsight. Period.

Even better.

Richt had a .740% winning percentage in the SEC.

Dabo was a position coach who was 19-15.

Any praising of Dabo is revionist and in hindsight. Period.
I had a pretty long response to this, but I realized it would be a waste of time going back and forth so I'll leave you with a more appropriate gif

tenor.gif

Advertisement

One thing that Miami fans always do regardless of coach is overrate the talent that's on the roster.

Well someone could pull out the recruiting rankings....I’m too lazy to do it

Advertisement

Don't be stupid.

Our recruiting ranking average for the last 5 years is #15. UVA is #48, Duke #50. BC and GT aren't in the top 50. Don't start with how legit these numbers are, they're the best measure of recruiting success there is.
https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals-top-50-recruiting-teams-of-the-past-five-years

Or how about these numbers:
Miami #16
UVA #46
GT #50
Duke #57
BC #62

So I reiterate, we have 2x the talent of UVA, Duke, BC, and GT. In fact I think I was conservative. Let's say Miami has 3x as much talent.

Last edited:
Dabo was never a coordinator. He was never a "scheme" guy. He always had to go out and hire highly competent coordinators because he, frankly, didn't know what he was doing. That was a big advantage.

Richt wanted to actually coach offense again so obviously he wasn't going to demote himself. What would be the point of that? If Richt wasn't going to call plays then he needed to go. And that's what happened.

Dabo lost more games than Richt in his first 3 years. Fact. Richt never got more years. Dabo did. Another fact. So any comparison is silly.

The comparison is silly? Then why tf are you having this conversation? You're the one who invited yourself into it, just bounce right back out.

We're done here.

That all sounds logical, but the truth is that last year's team was completely capable of winning 4 of the 6 games they lost. All they needed was to have shown up. Even with Richt's awful offense, they just needed to make the routine plays and we win. No freshman heroics, just the basics. Tackle. Run your route. Catch the ball. Throw the fcking ball in the general vacinity of where it's supposed to go.

Yeah, they were young and we had holes. That's what keeps you from beating LSU and Wisconsin, not what keeps you from the Coastal.
if the oline had been good it wasn't . I am glad searles is gone and we are gonna run a different system. pro style u better have a good to great oline or u will fail. spread offenses rely on great olines less then pro style. I think people also underrate how teams like duke/bc had same coach for 7-8 yrs so have an identity and I don't think Miami did last year. now Miami has more talent then both and frankly should beat them every year once get used to winning but the qb play was so bad and oline so bad it was impossible to win those games its why we had to change offensive coaches and why richt isn't here anymore changes had to be made not defending that. just pointing out is a young team whose top talent is young very young and young teams lose games they shouldn't.

Don't be stupid.

Our recruiting ranking average for the last 5 years is #15. UVA is #48, Duke #50. BC and GT aren't in the top 50. Don't start with how legit these numbers are, they're the best measure of recruiting success there is.
https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals-top-50-recruiting-teams-of-the-past-five-years

Or how about these numbers:
Miami #16
UVA #46
GT #50
Duke #57
BC #62

So I reiterate, we have 2x the talent of UVA, Duke, BC, and GT. In fact I think I was conservative. Let's say Miami has 3x as much talent.

the al golden rankins are based on numbers nto high end talent though Miami had a blue chip ration much more in line with bc/virginia prior to richt taking over then they did with Clemson. richt was fixing that don't get me wrong. But goldens classes had 4 or 5 guys who were legit 4 stars then built rest on bunch of 3 stars and some 2 stars richt had a lot of depth and talent issues to fix when took over that people tend to overlook Miami's best talent was in 3 classes richt did

Advertisement
Back