Manny on The Audible Podcast

Advertisement
Advertisement
DEB080EA-5E35-4C4A-8015-13F8178EEF20.gif

That was great! I had no idea we only had 7 seniors. Manny really cut his teeth at fsu. I’m gonna go ahead and assume if that job comes open we won’t have to worry...

7 seniors on the team this year .... dam we are Young hence the utilization of the transfer portal

Not too worried because our real talent lies in the juniors and sophomores next season. Outside of the LBs, those 2 classes are loaded.

I will say though, Clemson's dominance this year mostly stemmed from (IMO) their experience. That DL played 59 games in their career - not a formation they haven't seen.

Advertisement
That was great! I had no idea we only had 7 seniors. Manny really cut his teeth at fsu. I’m gonna go ahead and assume if that job comes open we won’t have to worry...

I kept thinking about how in a year or two, when FSU is firing Taggart and Miami is rolling, FSU will be saying they wish they'd hired Manny instead of Taggart a year ago. Glad it's too late now.

Not too worried because our real talent lies in the juniors and sophomores next season. Outside of the LBs, those 2 classes are loaded.

I will say though, Clemson's dominance this year mostly stemmed from (IMO) their experience. That DL played 59 games in their career - not a formation they haven't seen.

Clemson's dominance is a direct result of patience with the right coach for a DECADE. Remember there have been several times the Tiger faithful wanted to run Dabo out of town in his first 5 seasons.

Can Diaz deliver the same? Can the Canes faithful show the same kind of patience?

Advertisement
Clemson's dominance is a direct result of patience with the right coach for a DECADE. Remember there have been several times the Tiger faithful wanted to run Dabo out of town in his first 5 seasons.

Can Diaz deliver the same? Can the Canes faithful show the same kind of patience?

Oh no doubt, the coaching is key. But I'm saying specifically in their playoff run, the seniority on the defense is what stood out to me.

Yeah, we only have 7 returning seniors.

George Brown Jr.
Scott Patchan
Robert Knowles
Shaq Quarterman
Mike Pinckney
Zach McCloud
Pat Bethel

Also put that Murphy kid on scholarship and I guess Spicer is a walk-on?

Advertisement

Dabo made it to the ACCCG his first full season, twice in his first 3 full seasons, and from that point on never won less than 10 games a year. He was never a full blown corch. Here at Miami we have sniper-like precision at identifying corches. We're so starved of success here that if Manny gives us anything near what Dabo did we will have all the patience in the world.

Yeah, we only have 7 returning seniors.

George Brown Jr.
Scott Patchan
Robert Knowles
Shaq Quarterman
Mike Pinckney
Zach McCloud
Pat Bethel

Also put that Murphy kid on scholarship and I guess Spicer is a walk-on?

I'm pretty sure Patchan is in his 12th year of eligibility.

I think we will be patient if Manny is willing to fire and hire the right staff and don't play that homeboy ****

Student of the game. I really do enjoy listening to him because he has so much respect for the programs tradition and believes he understands how to restore it.

Time will tell. But he’s definitely moving quickly to put his plan in place.

Advertisement
Back