Manny on Joe Rose 10/14

Advertisement
It occurred to me our conditioning is a problem as to why we are tackling so badly. When you are tired you stop doing fundamental things. How many times i see Bubba jogging not hustling after getting juked. Diving into tackles, throwing shoulders. We wilted against Mich St. I don't think we were properly conditioned despite reports to the contrary.

I said it once, we should not be practicing in the bubble unless its lightning and heavy rain. We are supposed to use the elements as a weapon, now its a weapon against us.

Gross negligence.

Hope theyre proud of openly robbing thousands upon thousands of people of their hard earned money.

“ There is no way through it other then we have to start effecting playing time”
What a fking novel idea!!! Only took him getting to the brink of being fired to figure this out! I guess he thought a tap of the butt was going to get it done!
Notice he said "start effecting..." Takes players getting hurt for him to even consider making a change.

He is completely lost. He is basically admitting he has no idea how to correct anything. I guess playing time may work…forget about actually trying to get players to tackle properly. Let’s just throw new players at the problem.

Advertisement
Just cant understand how there are kids on this team who have been in this defense for 4+ years now and they have gotten worse. Development is an issue I know especially if you dont have a sure fire, first round caliber guy just drop into your lap. (JPhillips) or a kid who was just bound to be a big time talent because hes a freak of nature. (GR15). Some of these kids on defense act like this is a brand new scheme and they have never seen it before.

I loved the question around what he would do different and if there were any signs in training camp that this would be a huge letdown.

Maybe we spent too much time hosting recruits and having weekend parties during the offseason and not enough time working on film study. I am speaking directly to the coaches here. Not the players so much. I just remember this past offseason just being very relaxed and carefree. Moreso than usual. Maybe Manny thought with this veteran group things were on cruise control.

At this point, I’m not even mad at him anymore. This is just more of the same. I’m mad at the apathetic people in charge that continue to allow this to be the narrative and continue to hurt the brand. Shame on all of them.

Our offense has been good enough to be 5-1 this year...Our defense has been bad enough to be 1-5 this year. The problem is not the players on defense, and it is not the tackling on defense. The problem is with our defensive scheme. Unless Manny is going to change his defensive philosophy, he will not be successful anywhere.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It occurred to me our conditioning is a problem as to why we are tackling so badly. When you are tired you stop doing fundamental things. How many times i see Bubba jogging not hustling after getting juked. Diving into tackles, throwing shoulders. We wilted against Mich St. I don't think we were properly conditioned despite reports to the contrary.

I said it once, we should not be practicing in the bubble unless its lightning and heavy rain. We are supposed to use the elements as a weapon, now its a weapon against us.
Good theory, but unfortunately we are already missing tackles in the 1st quarter :

screaming season 10 GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back