Manny on Joe Rose 10/11

baby what GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Did you feel that Manny was being honest when he said that he was playing for the touchdown at the end of the UVA game rather than trying to set up a field goal?
I remember reading someplace an OC stating that every play called is meant to go for a touchdown. I agree with that. Sometimes you can call a play where the odds of scoring are low, but even a crushing run into the teeth of the defense is supposed to be executed so well that the rb explodes out of the other side and gallops for a 35+ yard score.

In any event he played it right. You set yourself up for the 75% chance of success not the 45% chance. There is no victory here. Had he gone for the td and it was intercepted the beating would be 10x worse. Every armchair head coach here (me included) would have blasted him for being stupid.

Some questions on my end:

1. Why did they put them through difficult practice last week? Why isnt every practice difficult?

2. Why are older guys getting upset for not playing?

3. Why is Manny Diaz so obsessed with turnovers instead of, IDK, JUST GETTING SOME STOPS ON DEFENSE IN THE FIRST PLACE?

season 2 episode 4 dying for pie GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Advertisement
Respectfully disagree.
Being accountable and admitting that what he wants isn't working and it's flawed is not prostrating himself. It's actual accountability and leadership IMO.
The data is in and it's irrefutable. He is failling. The only answers he is looking for is confirmation that he is right and there are other reasons is why he is falling.
Thats not self evaluation...thats just confirmation bias. Regardless I want him gone so Im glad he is doing that instead of really evaluating himself.
Admitting it to whom? Maybe he has admitted it to the people he HAS to admit it to. I'm saying putting his failures in the Miami Herald will not endear him to anyone. You're asking him to do something that just might make the criticism against him and the team even louder.

You're right though, he's failing and it apparent even to him.

Some questions on my end:

1. Why did they put them through difficult practice last week? Why isnt every practice difficult?

2. Why are older guys getting upset for not playing?

3. Why is Manny Diaz so obsessed with turnovers instead of, IDK, JUST GETTING SOME STOPS ON DEFENSE IN THE FIRST PLACE?

season 2 episode 4 dying for pie GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Lol at Difficult practice/s....these MFers (coaches) don't know what difficult practices are....they'd sh*t their pants if they saw the practices in the mid to late 90s...and early 2000s...

Please confirm if Diaz said all the games are close, referencing ACC play? I don't listen to the Diaz radio show, but a buddy listened to it and mentioned that Diaz said it on his show yesterday. Wouldn't be surprised and just validates that he plays not to lose...

Advertisement
There is no scheme that can handle losing leverage of the football or handle tackling. There is no scheme that can handle a miscommunication on the back end. What we have done is we have identified what has been getting us, what the causes are, and then highlight our frustration with our inability to make big plays.

1000% telling me you can't coach without telling me you can't coach.

Advertisement
At this point, Manny is better off just keeping his answers short and simple and let his coaching do all the talking whether that be good or bad.

For christs sake, there was a poll up on CIS the other day where half the posters said even if Manny wins out and wins the ACC they still want him gone. Now whether that was anger and emotion talking we will find out soon.

Manny cant say anything that will make things better. All he can do is try to win as many games as possible (well, win all the rest of the games) and see where the cards fall regarding his future here.

Advertisement
Back