Manny on Joe Rose 10/11

Okay so we were celebrating the seniority of the team all through the preseason. Now it's a bloated roster because because the older players can't play an are upset at the younger players taking time away from the older players. Prior seasons it was because our older players were leaving early, and we had to relied on the younger players. Wow, its dam if you do, and dam if you don't
You completely missed the point of his comment.

Advertisement
Good answer.

Honest question. Has a head coach ever been that honest and candid?
Jimmy Lake of the Washington Huskies after a terrible 13-7 loss to Montana:

“That’s what we’re here to fix. It starts with coaches. We’ve got to coach better. Once we coach better, our players have to play better. It starts with me first. We’ve got to give these guys a good plan to go out there and execute.”

“Fans should be ****ed, they should be upset, they should be frustrated, disappointed,” Lake said. “It’s up to us, starting with me, to correct that.”

That’s about as accountable as it gets and Manny could never do that cause he has been schooled since childhood in the art of spin- blame everyone but yourself.

Advertisement
"I take accountability for all that's gone wrong. Obviously what I am doing isn't working. I have to evaluate myself and make sure how I am running things is sound. It is all my responsibility and I am accountable for it."

Something like that.
That would be a nightmare.

There is zero benefit to prostrating himself before this fanbase. No matter what he says it'll be ripped to shreds anyway.

I thought his interview was insightful and honest. Seems to me he's still trying to find answers.

Jimmy Lake of the Washington Huskies after a terrible 13-7 loss to Montana:

“That’s what we’re here to fix. It starts with coaches. We’ve got to coach better. Once we coach better, our players have to play better. It starts with me first. We’ve got to give these guys a good plan to go out there and execute.”

“Fans should be ****ed, they should be upset, they should be frustrated, disappointed,” Lake said. “It’s up to us, starting with me, to correct that.”

That’s about as accountable as it gets and Manny could never do that cause he has been schooled since childhood in the art of spin- blame everyone but yourself.
Manny did do this, he just skipped right to the "our players have to play better part". Jimmy Lake didn't say, because we coach better, the kids will play better, he said "our kids have to play better". Period.

They bear some of the responsibility.

Are Miami coaches coaching better? Maybe.

There is zero benefit to prostrating himself before this fanbase. No matter what he says it'll be ripped to shreds anyway.

I thought his interview was insightful and honest. Seems to me he's still trying to find answers.
Respectfully disagree.
Being accountable and admitting that what he wants isn't working and it's flawed is not prostrating himself. It's actual accountability and leadership IMO.
The data is in and it's irrefutable. He is failling. The only answers he is looking for is confirmation that he is right and there are other reasons is why he is falling.
Thats not self evaluation...thats just confirmation bias. Regardless I want him gone so Im glad he is doing that instead of really evaluating himself.

Advertisement

Did you feel that Manny was being honest when he said that he was playing for the touchdown at the end of the UVA game rather than trying to set up a field goal?

Respectfully disagree.
Being accountable and admitting that what he wants isn't working and it's flawed is not prostrating himself. It's actual accountability and leadership IMO.
The data is in and it's irrefutable. He is failling. The only answers he is looking for is confirmation that he is right and there are other reasons is why he is falling.
Thats not self evaluation...thats just confirmation bias. Regardless I want him gone so Im glad he is doing that instead of really evaluating himself.
Manny is the consummate spectator of the game, hence the analytic career. All his observations are from a spectator POV, not a coach’s view. There is definite disconnect there for a coach.

His loyalty to the seniors was pretty obvious but it's not too late to fix that.

Give half of Harris' snaps to Knighton.
Give half of Harley's snaps to Restrepo.
Give all of McCloud's snaps to Chantz.
Give half of Mallory's snaps to Arroyo.
Give all of Johnson's snaps to Roberts.
Give all of Ford's snaps to Taylor.
Give all of Jennings' snaps to Cave.
Give all of Bolden's snaps to JW.
Give all of Hall's snaps to Kinchens/Avantae
Give all of Carter's snaps to Chase.
Give all of Ivey's snaps to Clarke.
This. And it’s really not even crazy. Those guys suck. Clarke played big minutes and I didn’t notice him once except for the almost interception. That means they didn’t victimize him at all. Hall took all the targets cause Armstrong went to him all night. But still. Clarke drops that pick but does Ivey even make a play on the ball in that scenario? No chance.

Agreed....Blood is already in the water and the shark fins/fans are circling in the water... ..too late for that now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
fire-gif.156612

Advertisement
Back