Manny Navarro POD w/ Bennie Blades

Advertisement
He also said in his opinion, it's 70% on the kids to do their jobs on the field and 30% on the coaches. He talked about the kids not wanting success enough. They claim to want to hit the league but really don't want to work hard enough to do that the right way. Pretty much said the same thing many on this board have; kids are mentally soft. When adversity hits them in the mouth, they don't fight back - or at least enough of them don't fight back. He talked about Bubba Bolden - said he's spoken to him and plans to do it again.

He talked about the mentality of the kids Bama, clemson, OSU and others pluck out of So florida. those kids work their butts off to get into the league. they don't always make it for long once they get there but the bottom line is they get their $$ and most are set for life.

Honestly, the first thing that went through my head when he mentioned October 20 as the date of his meeting is maybe there will already be a coaching change in the works.... Could be a very different kind of meeting...
I have mixed feelings on the player accountability topic

If I knew that a coaches scheme or philosophy was trash compared to the opposition I’d have a hard time getting geared up for battle. If I knew coaches were starting a lesser player than me simply because he’s older that would cause dissent

I think what I just layer out his bern occurring with a decent number of players at miami for awhile now

Just a few observations:

Many of the answers to Bennies questions will be sitting right in front of him when he has his meeting with Julio and Blake.

Interesting that he places 70% of the performance - or lack thereof - on the players regardless of who the coaches are.

Not a fan of the transfer portal and his perspective about kids thinking they’ll just go somewhere else and ball out only to have the same result instead of putting in the work in their current situation.

Interesting to hear he’s talked to Bubba and surprised by his mediocre performance.

Hopefully, we’ll hear about how his meeting goes.

Winning is a learned skill and too many of our guys don't have it .... too many prefer playing video games on twitch or taking gas station selfies rather than running in the sand pit or hitting the jugs machine after practice.

Advertisement
Frenk and James are not going to take Bennie Blades seriously. They're just trying to try to put out some of the flames by giving him this meeting.

The second he said he's not going to say anything bad about the school or program he lost me. That's exactly what they want. Be mad and keep fluffing up the university but stay quiet. Those are the exact guys they'll approve this meeting with. If they cared, or planned change, they would do the same for Joaquin Gonzalez. But he's too vocal for them.
If Blades goes off on the school or the Administration, he loses access. There’s only so much he can do publicly, and if he turns into an Edgelord on the Air or on Social Media, they’ll cut him right off.

Trustees want the Dirty Laundry aired out privately. That’s how they got to be Trustees, by being careful. Has nobody seen The Godfather here? The Whales on the Board are all Don Corleones. People need to understand that.

If Blades goes off on the school or the Administration, he loses access. There’s only so much he can do publicly, and if he turns into an Edgelord on the Air or on Social Media, they’ll cut him right off.

Trustees want the Dirty Laundry aired out privately. That’s how they got to be Trustees, by being careful. Has nobody seen The Godfather here? The Whales on the Board are all Don Corleones. People need to understand that.
They’re more like Fredos cause they are ruining the family business that was previously great.

There are some smart coaches out there

This right here is why I want a coach that's actually played the game. Before having kids, I use to coach youth ball and I couldn't believe how many 'coaches' never played the game. And then, because they didn't understand the physical aspect of the game, they never prioritize the fundamentals like tackling drills (sound familiar). Then, come gameday, they scream at the kids poor technique.

But, back to the subject, Bennie is wasting his time. These meeting and nudges need to take place after Frenk has let the appropriate people go.

Advertisement
DE80D1C4-7CF5-4672-ACED-73262EB552DE.png

They’re more like Fredos cause they are ruining the family business that was previously great.
The majority of the BOTTIES are, yes, but the billionaires who actually run the institution are just like their counterparts at USC: ruthless businessmen.

That’s why they’ll wait to get rid of Manny, for example, if they want Mario: the buyout price goes down after the New Year. They won’t be buffaloed by fan anger, no matter what Mack Brown does to us next week. JMHO. I think it’s a business decision for them.

This right here is why I want a coach that's actually played the game. Before having kids, I use to coach youth ball and I couldn't believe how many 'coaches' never played the game. And then, because they didn't understand the physical aspect of the game, they never prioritize the fundamentals like tackling drills (sound familiar). Then, come gameday, they scream at the kids poor technique.

But, back to the subject, Bennie is wasting his time. These meeting and nudges need to take place after Frenk has let the appropriate people go.
He’s talking data , which is just another aspect of the game that is too heavily relied on. I know for a fact a good running game makes a play action game far harder to stop. That’s not data, that’s common sense

The status Quo will continue until Blake is gone and we have a competent AD.

The status quo will continue until the Board of Trustees gets out of the way and actually starts helping this program, instead of hurting it daily—for almost two decades now.

Blake James is a symptom of the bigger cancer that is the BoT. You realize if James gets canned tomorrow, they'll just roll another puppet or lap dog in to do the same things James has been doing for years.

Advertisement
Winning is a learned skill and too many of our guys don't have it .... too many prefer playing video games on twitch or taking gas station selfies rather than running in the sand pit or hitting the jugs machine after practice.
The friggin sandpit... I get what you mean, but **** some of this chit is outdated

You might be right. I hope that's the case. Frenk and James still have no clue to even have the ability to take him seriously. In one ear and out the other.

They have already released a letter that showed exactly that - "There's nothing wrong with the athletic dept, but I have assigned 2 executives to fix the issues that don't exist". Frenk has no clue who Bennie Blades is.

Advertisement
If only Jerome Brown was still alive. He would be marching around Hecht in his camo looking for heads to roll. To me, he (and Zo) is more responsible than any player for the culture that developed at the program than anyone. He wouldn’t sit by and be quiet, that’s for sure. RIP to the GOAT.
They don't make them like Jerome Brown anymore.

If only Jerome Brown was still alive. He would be marching around Hecht in his camo looking for heads to roll. To me, he (and Zo) is more responsible than any player for the culture that developed at the program than anyone. He wouldn’t sit by and be quiet, that’s for sure. RIP to the GOAT.
This guy would like a word with you

20110706__kendorsey21.jpg

Frenk and James are not going to take Bennie Blades seriously. They're just trying to try to put out some of the flames by giving him this meeting.

The second he said he's not going to say anything bad about the school or program he lost me. That's exactly what they want. Be mad and keep fluffing up the university but stay quiet. Those are the exact guys they'll approve this meeting with. If they cared, or planned change, they would do the same for Joaquin Gonzalez. But he's too vocal for them.

Ed Reed GIF by Miami Hurricanes

Advertisement
Back