Manny Is Determined to Play #53

I think the likelihood is that Harvey and Deandre are the starters. The question is who gets second team reps. Cam? Chantz? McCloud? No idea. I also don't know precisely whether Quentin Williams and Elijah are pure interior guys or whether they're fighting for reps at end too. I personally would like to see some bigger bodies at end.

But as I've said before, I'm glad McCloud came back. I like having some veteran guys that are hopefully teaching the younger players how to prepare, study, train, etc. I think ultimately it will benefit this program if we can establish accountability among the players as to how to properly approach the game.

Advertisement
McCloud tops the list of players who Miami fans want to cancel.

Below are the Cancelled Canes definitive power rankings - no matter what these kids do between now and September, Miami fans have made up their minds and don't want them to play ahead of younger players that they believe are more talented:

McCloud
Carter
Wiggins
Pope
Ford
Gaynor
Jennings
Hall
Ivey
Scaife
Harris

who am I missing?
You are missing guys we will add next year who we will hate when we find out they suck too

I appreciate McCloud trying to do a solid for the program a couple years back when he took the redshirt but he has regressed every single year he's been here. He should only see the field if someone needs a quick breather or garbage time.
seems like a great kid, problem is looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane> never seen a kid with less instincts in my life, and you really want him to succeed

Not having him at LB is already a win in my book. He just lacks the instincts and read/react ability. Much less thinking/instincts required to play DE in this defense, and we just lost a couple starters at the position. He probably shouldn't be starting, but if he can contribute about 10-12 decent snaps a game as a situational rush end, I think that would be just swell.
better fit at DE, less thinking, my concern in the bowl game he kept loosing containment, that lead to the QB killing us with his feet

Advertisement
As it should be. Fans, including your Legend, were calling for this move for years. Why should a guy making $4M per year to make these decisions be spared criticism for wasting 5 years on McCloud at LB?
If this is the move fans have been calling for for years, then why are t those same fans giving McCloud a chance to prove them right?

If this is the move fans have been calling for for years, then why are t those same fans giving McCloud a chance to prove them right?
He showed enough as a freshman at LB to warrant optimism for sure, but he clearly regressed, and from a combination of bad recruiting and bad injury luck we were stuck with him and Jennings as starters last year. Still fairly shocked if they don't get a portal LB after Spring. I just laugh at people sweating 53 getting reps at DE as a backup, especially since we've already seen him there in the bowl game and he looked ok. Get the f*ck over it.

Advertisement
McCloud tops the list of players who Miami fans want to cancel.

Below are the Cancelled Canes definitive power rankings - no matter what these kids do between now and September, Miami fans have made up their minds and don't want them to play ahead of younger players that they believe are more talented:

McCloud
Carter
Wiggins
Pope
Ford
Gaynor
Jennings
Hall
Ivey
Scaife
Harris

who am I missing?
That would have been the dream starting lineup for CIS in 2018.

He showed enough as a freshman at LB to warrant optimism for sure, but he clearly regressed, and from a combination of bad recruiting and bad injury luck we were stuck with him and Jennings as starters last year. Still fairly shocked if they don't get a portal LB after Spring. I just laugh at people sweating 53 getting reps at DE as a backup, especially since we've already seen him there in the bowl game and he looked ok. Get the f*ck over it.
If they hadn’t dropped the ball recruiting linebackers he would have graduated after the 2019 season and nobody would have cared. He essentially got benched for the 2018 and 2019 seasons because he was a liability but they begged him to take a shirt so they could have live bodies at linebacker for 2020. That, I put plainly on the coaches because there’s no reason they should have had to rely on him if they had done their job recruiting.

I think the likelihood is that Harvey and Deandre are the starters. The question is who gets second team reps. Cam? Chantz? McCloud? No idea. I also don't know precisely whether Quentin Williams and Elijah are pure interior guys or whether they're fighting for reps at end too. I personally would like to see some bigger bodies at end.

But as I've said before, I'm glad McCloud came back. I like having some veteran guys that are hopefully teaching the younger players how to prepare, study, train, etc. I think ultimately it will benefit this program if we can establish accountability among the players as to how to properly approach the game.
Williams is a DT now based on recent photos with his gut hanging out. Roberts still looks a bit thin in the upper body, and I hope they are training him as a DE now before shifting him inside later like Atkins/Pata.

If they hadn’t dropped the ball recruiting linebackers he would have graduated after the 2019 season and nobody would have cared. He essentially got benched for the 2018 and 2019 seasons because he was a liability but they begged him to take a shirt so they could have live bodies at linebacker for 2020. That, I put plainly on the coaches because there’s no reason they should have had to rely on him if they had done their job recruiting.
Dude was benched so hard that he voluntarily took a redshirt and changed positions. But that doesn't go with the agenda of Manny only plays seniors lol.

Advertisement
Dude was benched so hard that he voluntarily took a redshirt and changed positions. But that doesn't go with the agenda of Manny only plays seniors lol.
In hindsight, I wash he just wouldn't have taken the shirt and we could have avoided the whole situation but it is what it is.

I said pretty much the same thing, using different words, a few posts back.

Get mad at Sam Bruce or Eddie Johnson or Latwan Anderson. All the talent in the world, wasted. Don’t take it out on a 6th year guy who sat out a season in order to maximize his chance of success and help the team with roster management, didn’t get/thrive at that opportunity because he wasn’t skilled enough, and graciously accepted a position change & a chance to compete for the job. I’ll take a guy with that kind of character 8 days a week.

If the season comes and he plays over younger guys that show a splash, then blame Manny. But certainly no one should be blaming mccloud during spring ball, when all we’ve heard from the coaches is praise. Is it coach talk? Probably and hopefully. But who cares either way. All that matters is who get snaps and makes plays on game day.

Advertisement
I don’t ever want McCloud to leave...

If DE doesn’t work out, bring him back for year 7 & try to see what he can do at Safety or Striker.

Maybe even on Offense, TE, RB, WR... Whatever it takes.

Definiely not a Manny D fan

BUT IF Manny is determined to play #53 over others....I'm willing to bet that he's had more experience selecting who deserves to start and has seen LOTS MORE of #53 and the others performing than ANYONE on this board who disagrees with his starting choices.

Everyone has an opinion ...BUT that doesn't mean that EVERYONE'S opinion has merit OR is worth 💩.

If fans here were allowed to choose who started ...King would've been sitting on the bench behind the "Great Tate" disaster

Since most practices are closed and none of us has experience with any of these players on a daily basis negating any opportunity to make as rational decision. IMO leave player selection to those with the actual ability to do so.

Sometimes I wonder if these posters aren't really Moms writing in on behalf of little Junior because they are so invested in their player choices. But that why boards exist...so carryon.
1000%

Very well stated.

Advertisement
Back