Manny interview with Scarlett

Plus your in South Florida versus Gainesville. Have you been to their campus? Their off an exit of I-75 in the middle of nowhere. I pass it every year going to vacation from Atlanta and each time I'm like why the f*ck would you want to live here.

Advertisement
"No. Not really," he said. "The coaches don't really make a factor in the school for me."

Then,

"Florida is a good school. I feel like it's going to be a great school coming up because it has new coaches."

OK.

what else would he say about them? They haven't done anything yet.

Also, how many **** years do we have to hear about recruits bringing Miami "back"? Seems like it started with Duke and Tracey four years ago.

I think we see the 4 year pattern lol

Great class the. It tiers down from there

When miami finaaljy gets the right coach we may have a chance

Also, how many **** years do we have to hear about recruits bringing Miami "back"? Seems like it started with Duke and Tracey four years ago.

I think we see the 4 year pattern lol

Great class the. It tiers down from there

When miami finaaljy gets the right coach we may have a chance

That's what keeps me calm during all of this bull****. We are never more than a couple of classes out of the hunt if we finally get the right guy. I don't have confidence the higher-ups have it together, but if keeping Golden for another year means we can make a home run hire next year I am all for it (which is how I stave off this feeling of helplessness). If we hold this class, especially Scarlett, showcasing him and Kaaya to recruits along with a new staff will help us immensely. Kids always seem to want to come to Miami regardless of what is going on. A good coach doesn't need much momentum to clean up.

From that interview, Scarlett doesn't seem like the troll type....but this is a 180 from what we have been hearing from everyone else (the recruit that said Scarlett is recruiting him to UF etc). This is a major troll yall....don't fall for it.

You have been warned.

Advertisement
NO single recruiting class will allow us to win the ACC or anything more. We need four or more solid recruiting classes with minimal attrition.

I really hope Scarlett sticks.

tumblr_mjtzloWrMO1s0pj15o1_500.gif

I know it's his job, but Radio commenting on how it would be so good for him to be up in trailerville, is wrong. He's been there like two weeks and we all know UM education versus UF*G is not in the Gators favor. Also they are a mess offensively, where we have some continuity there at least. Radio has no clue what he is involved with as a team until Spring ball. But, heck, it's his job.

The Gators are essentially equivalent to us as far as education goes. We are what, ranked two spots ahead of them?

I hope you don't really believe this is a factor. The article starts with the fact that if golden leaves he gets two more years at least with a new coach....... So 3 and gone probably. Doubt he truly cares about the U.S. New education rankings

Yea im starting to think the kid is trolling us, I don't think he really wants to go to UF hes waiting on that green light to commit to FSU, I think if it comes down to us and FLA we would win.

Advertisement
I think a guy like Barrow is greatly missed in Scarlett's case. I'm not saying that Barrow was the best position coach, but he had the mojo to keep recruits at ease during the recruiting process.

Last edited:
I think a guy like Barrow is greatly missed is Scarlett's case. I'm not saying that Barrow was the best position coach, but he had the mojo to keep recruits at ease during the recruiting process.

When Barrow left I said the same thing huge loss for us! Guys like Tracy Howard Stacy Coley were recruited heavily by Barrow....he played at The U knows what it takes! We need former players on our staff ASAP! Recruits respect guys whose actually been thru it before especually former players who played at the U!

We got kevin beard who i believe had a hand in bruce and scarlett coming to begin with.

Beard can't recruit but will be allowed to talk to scarlett when he comes for the official.

Advertisement
I wouldn't be harping on all these issues.. the main issue is he said he is going to see what life is like at these schools. the kid might fall in love with trailerhasseee or Gainesville. that looks like the biggest risk to me now.

I know it's his job, but Radio commenting on how it would be so good for him to be up in trailerville, is wrong. He's been there like two weeks and we all know UM education versus UF*G is not in the Gators favor. Also they are a mess offensively, where we have some continuity there at least. Radio has no clue what he is involved with as a team until Spring ball. But, heck, it's his job.

The Gators are essentially equivalent to us as far as education goes. We are what, ranked two spots ahead of them?

Ahead is ahead...

lol

Ive seen this movie before. This kid is going to FSU. Don't kid yourself and set yourself up for disappointment.

The best way to ALWAYS approach recruiting at UM is to expect the worst, and hope for the best.

With the current state of the program, I would say to expect the ABSOLUTE WORST, and pray for a decent class. IMO Scarlett is history. At this point just keeping Walton, Jaquan and guys like Patchan has to be looked at as a minor miracle.

Advertisement
"How their season went," Scarlett said. "It wasn't the best season out of all my options of the schools. And I just feel like I don't want to miss on an opportunity of taking visits and seeing what's out there."

Wait, I'm confused. I thought this was all my fault for being too negative? It had nothing to do with the dumpster fire of a product on the field, right?

Advertisement
Back