Manny Has Proven Me Wrong

I swear people think Manny just stopped what he was doing in the second half of panhandle and the DLine just took over. While the Dline did in fact take over, we still ran the same **** we were running.

I actually think Shaq being injured made Manny get creative with personnel and he might have found something with his 3DL, Pinck, Finley, 6 DB defensive grouping

I really like this. He goes to that grouping on 3rd and long a lot. It's great because it allows him to bring disguised pressure without sacrificing on the back end. It's much harder for an offense to get a read on the defense when there's a bunch of guys standing up and moving around before the snap. You don't know who's coming or where he's coming from. It also allows you to be as aggressive or passive as you want giving you the opportunity to have as many 8 men in coverage. It's also a great package to spy out of.

Advertisement
I’m just glad to have a defensive coordinator that knows how and will make adjustments when the other team has found a scheme that is working against us. I had too many nightmares and have gone through too many bottles of whiskey watching corches getting our **** pushed in because they didn’t know how to adjust to what they were seeing.

When they watch tape and see how bad Knowles is how do they justify putting him out there?

#1 in the nation on 3rd down after finishing in the 70's last season. Manny has shown an ability to adjust during games and during the off season. The changes he's implemented to his defense are all the difference in the world. Miami got roasted by a bunch of bum QBs through the air last season. This year nobody has passed well against them.

So far Miami is:
#2 Total Defense
#1 3rd down percentage defense
#5 (tie) in interceptions
#3 pass defense
#7 rushing defense
#6 passing efficiency defense
#8 (tie) sacks per game
#1 tackles per loss per game
#5 turnovers gained
#23 scoring defense (pick sixes and special teams scores still count against the defense for some reason).

Statistically, Miami can at least make a claim to having the best defense in the nation.
We can and just think how good those numbers would be if Jaquan didn’t miss 2 and a half games or the collapse in the 4th with 3rd stringers in vs fiu

I really like this. He goes to that grouping on 3rd and long a lot. It's great because it allows him to bring disguised pressure without sacrificing on the back end. It's much harder for an offense to get a read on the defense when there's a bunch of guys standing up and moving around before the snap. You don't know who's coming or where he's coming from. It also allows you to be as aggressive or passive as you want giving you the opportunity to have as many 8 men in coverage. It's also a great package to spy out of.

I agree that i really like this grouping. He's getting speed on the field and making windows that much smaller. Big third down we had this grouping in there when Pinck got his hand on the ball over the middle. If that pass is completed McKitty is probably still running right now. I hope we see more of this and others like it throughout the year.

Advertisement
Say what you want about Manny, but even if a team is moving the ball on us a bit in the first half, his second half adjustments are money. And adjustments are everything in big time CFB.

Advertisement
I swear people think Manny just stopped what he was doing in the second half of panhandle and the DLine just took over. While the Dline did in fact take over, we still ran the same **** we were running.

I actually think Shaq being injured made Manny get creative with personnel and he might have found something with his 3DL, Pinck, Finley, 6 DB defensive grouping

Manny learned from his mistakes and has put more speed on the field. Although it does still scare me when i see Mcloud drop into coverage.

Field position is hurting this D. When the opposition is starting drives from the 50 they can use the entire playbook and they have the option to go for it on 4th downs. (LSU did multiple times)

Manny learned from his mistakes and has put more speed on the field. Although it does still scare me when i see Mcloud drop into coverage.

Field position is hurting this D. When the opposition is starting drives from the 50 they can use the entire playbook and they have the option to go for it on 4th downs. (LSU did multiple times)
I agree about field position and McCloud.

I was really down on McCloud after the first few games (i was previously one of his biggest supporters before that time), but he has played well the last two games. Outside of a few plays against UNC he was really good that game. Lets hope he is coming into his own out there.

The 3rd down improvement has been amazing, for sure.

I'd still like to see our PPG average get down to the mid-teens, anyway, but we seem to be trending in the right direction overall.

Before the season started I had lost faith in Diaz. After the LSU game I made a thread disparaging him and saying he should be let go.

When I’m wrong, I admit it. Defense has been phenomenal.

Manny if you read this board, my apologies.

Advertisement
The 3rd down improvement has been amazing, for sure.

I'd still like to see our PPG average get down to the mid-teens, anyway, but we seem to be trending in the right direction overall.

Right now they're at 18.5ppg. If you take away Rosier's pick six against LSU and the punt return touchdown by FSU it drops to 16.7ppg. Imagine if the 3rd string didn't give up 17 points to FIU?

Reduce the 3 and punts, improve possession times with scoring drives and not handing the defense a major burden, and our defense will be performing at a very high level... Diaz is a-ok.

Advertisement
For me, the jury is still out on Diaz. & we haven’t played any offensive juggernauts for anyone to say Diaz proved them wrong imho.

Let’s see what he does in the stretch of conference games against really good coaches that have prepared against his defense the last 3 years.

Let’s see if he can get through this final stretch & have us in the same rankings defensively.

Right now our red zone defense is trash

For me, the jury is still out on Diaz. & we haven’t played any offensive juggernauts for anyone to say Diaz proved them wrong imho.

Let’s see what he does in the stretch of conference games against really good coaches that have prepared against his defense the last 3 years.

Let’s see if he can get through this final stretch & have us in the same rankings defensively.

Right now our red zone defense is trash
Totally agree Tee. Just came to post pretty much the same thing.

Advertisement
Back