Manny has evaluated bye weeks

Advertisement
We sucked after byes. We sucked before byes. We sucked in bowl games. We sucked on the road. We sucked at home. We did not like green eggs and ham.

We sucked last year dude. It had nothing to do with bye weeks. Give it a rest already.

We aint good after bye weeks this year either. We came out totally unprepared against Clemson. Way too many penalties. Obviously the record speaks for itself. Something needs to change

Advertisement
Results cannot determine if the process was good or bad.
It's a lot more complicated than that but people have their agendas and will use anythingto push their narrative. .

Ever read the book 1984? It's called double think. You're 0-4 in bye weeks, know you need to change something, and realize the solution is to change nothing.
So even though I don’t have a job, if I keep not looking for one I will get one!

Advertisement
Did he pick on your savior mannny? Manny thanks your and all the pumpers for sticking up for him.

ill never get this -- why want the guy to fail? well never be successful firing and hiring coaches every 3-5 years esp when well never get into the ball park to pay a ready made coach like an Urban or another uber high priced guy commanding nearly 7-10 mill (going rate for a very good to elite name). hopefully, manny figures it out so we can be relevant again and contend

Sloppy, undisciplined, and unprepared. After every bye week, no matter the opponent, these were apparent.

Bye weeks are supposed to be an advantage. Extra time to prepare yet we come out looking like we spent zero time watching film or practicing.
The reality is relying on what our great teams did is foolish. He needs to figure out what this team and staff needs. Those staffs, as an understatement, were better coaches, and those players were cut a bit differently too.

Results cannot determine if the process was good or bad.
It's a lot more complicated than that but people have their agendas and will use anythingto push their narrative. .

Manny said it. There is no agenda. Just the facts.

All games are a must win but this was dumb and puts unnecessary pressure on himself.

Could have lied

Manny said it. There is no agenda. Just the facts.

All games are a must win but this was dumb and puts unnecessary pressure on himself.

Could have lied

Unnecessary pressure? Lose afte a bye or no bye the backlash will be the same.

Advertisement
So he didn't say flawless. He said they didn't need to change. If you're not doing anything different than you should, what is there to change?

I think this is overhyped but my 1 main criticism - after a bye week, i would expect to come out with a lot more wrinkles on both O and D, ex trick plays, new formations, new blitzs, etc.

Tired of hearing how other teams come out with new **** (including non bye weeks) that we aren't prepared for, ex UAB running a different D scheme they never ran before so we didn't prep for, UVA coming out with a 3 QB running game attack we haven't seen before, etc.

Where the F is the creativity from a game planning perspective in Coral Gables? Let me guess, after the first scripted drive its back to the ol inside zone run 100x vs. NC State. And we know Baker aint got nothing up his sleeve...

Last edited:
Advertisement
He said they don’t do anything the old Miami teams didn’t do as far as how many practices during the bye. Also said 2 of the games we lost last year after the bye, the QB threw 3 int’s and was smoking weed and partying before one game.
The old Miami teams had different coaches.....
confused rooster teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter
.....wait a minute!?

ill never get this -- why want the guy to fail? well never be successful firing and hiring coaches every 3-5 years esp when well never get into the ball park to pay a ready made coach like an Urban or another uber high priced guy commanding nearly 7-10 mill (going rate for a very good to elite name). hopefully, manny figures it out so we can be relevant again and contend
Nobody WANTS Manny to fail. We have seen this too many times in our recent history to just ignore the same pattern as previous failed coaches. And just like now there were posters who defended those horrible coaches until the bitter end. The definition of insanity......people just look at the makeup of our defensive coaching staff. If you think that’s what the resumes of position coaches at the University of Miami are supposed to look like, there is no reason for you speak when we’re talking about football on this site. Just read and keep it moving.

Advertisement
Back