Manny has already lost the entire fanbase after 7 games. Stunning

The Svengali

Sophomore
It took about 4 years for the entire fanbase to turn on Golden. His tenure **** near cased a civil war early on.

Took about 2.5 years to turn on Shannon

Took 3 years to turn on Richt.

Manny has done the impossible. He’s literally lost the entire fanbase in 7 games. It’s also appearing many in the media is now giving him the side eye. Everyone can see this dude is a bull**** artist, and that’s not good. His interviews are getting cringeworthy, and again, were only 7 games into his regime.

This is going to end really, really ugly folks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nah, everyone turned on Golden before 4 years. Still, I get your point. This is about as ugly as one could expect. He inherited a team that just needed an O. Not anything amazing, just good enough to do basic things consistently. The O looks worse, even with better QB play. The D is taking steps back. Special teams decisions are brutal, as well as the kicking. It is 100% amateur hour, and we are paying dearly for it. Dan Enos is the highest paid flop of an OC I have ever seen. Blake Baker doesn't grasp situational football. Manny Diaz can do nothing right as a head coach. It's as bad as I have ever seen it here.

It's probably because after 16 years and 4 failures, we've gotten better at spotting them quicker.

nah. it has everything to do with the fact Manny oversold and is under delivering. Then after saying how we're going to win now because that is "#TNM" way he retreat and is now starting to call things a rebuild when most of the rosters/coaching staff are guys he hired and recruited.

Not only has Diaz lost the fanbase, he has lost the locker room ... with the exception of a few players look at the lack of effort ..... this team is not going balls to the wall to win for this corch or his handpicked staff. ray charles could see this.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It took about 4 years for the entire fanbase to turn on Golden. His tenure **** near cased a civil war early on.

Took about 2.5 years to turn on Shannon

Took 3 years to turn on Richt.

Manny has done the impossible. He’s literally lost the entire fanbase in 7 games. It’s also appearing many in the media is now giving him the side eye. Everyone can see this dude is a bull**** artist, and that’s not good. His interviews are getting cringeworthy, and again, were only 7 games into his regime.

This is going to end really, really ugly folks.
Shannon had a few really good recruiting classes that buffered his tenure - he peaked at 9-4 and #19 in the country prior to the 2010 collapse.

Golden had a long leash because of the NCAA sanctions - he also showed steady improvement over his first three seasons before the wheels fell off; 6-6, 7-5, 9-4. If Golden had dropped D'Onofrio he might have stayed even longer.

I don't think the entire fanbase ever turned on Richt - but the pressure to hire an OC, and thus, fire his son as QB coach basically forced his hand. Richt's 2017 season gave him quite a bit of leverage to stay longer if he had wanted to. He always had the "no real QB" crutch to fall on if he needed to as well.

I think Diaz's biggest issue right now is he started off the year saying a bunch of stuff he KNEW the fans wanted, especially regarding the offense + culture + winning. So when we see a lethargic offense, combined with "no hustle, can't tackle" culture, which leads to L's in stead of W's, the fans start to take notice REAL quick. Sometimes it's better to work in silence instead of announce your arrival on a literal yacht - at least then there won't be video evidence of your mistakes.

Advertisement
Not only has Diaz lost the fanbase, he has lost the locker room ... with the exception of a few players look at the lack of effort this team is not going balls to the wall to win for this corch or his handpicked staff. ray charles could see this.

I see it the same way. I think a lot of players are going through the motions.

I'd expect Lingard and Pope to both enter the portal. Wouldn't be surprised to see Thomas go pro. Our recruiting class will tank. Then manny will tell us he was right we are in rebuild mode. Or was it rebuilding confidence after beating UVA... confused.

Advertisement
Member the circle jerk that Manny is going to get revenge bro? That he doesn't forget Mack Brown firing his *** at Texas?

Looks like Mack had a good idea after all.
Mack Knew.

That's the name of the book for this season and regime.

When you ARE 0-2 basically in bye weeks ...."Th-Th-The, Th-Th-The, Th-Th... That's all, folks!"

GAMEDAYS: We should of have stayed at the Holiday Inn and the fans should of have drank Dos Equis because like he says
"This is a rebuild".

"Stay thirsty, my friends."

Advertisement
Back