Manny did something the previous two head coaches did not....

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s still doing something else that golden and Richt did. Leaving his buddies employed when they should also be fired.

Yup. It's nice that he saw the glaring problem with Enos and made a change both in OC, but philosophy (if we go to a spread as well).

But, Banda and Patke are his buddies. Those two are not carrying their weight on this staff.

One thing that he is not is dumb.

No way in the world he was letting his literal dream job go down the drain while being tied to Dan Enos. It still may very well go down the drain, but he’s going to do his best to prevent it and not just sit there and watch like his predecessors.

No, it's going down the drain tied to Blake Baker.

Advertisement

No way in the world he was letting his literal dream job go down the drain while being tied to Dan Enos. It still may very well go down the drain, but he’s going to do his best to prevent it and not just sit there and watch like his predecessors.

Diaz f#cked up by not hiring a spread OC to begin with. Everyone knew it but him. He fixed that problem under duress. Fans are also correct that Baker, Banda, Rumph, and Patke need to be replaced. Baker basically had the defense taken from him by Diaz at one point in the season. The other three are poor recruiters and not particularly exceptional technicians. Kevin Patrick is just up the road making peanuts. He should replace Patke. Corey Raymond is also making under 500k and is an exceptional recruiter. Instant upgrades at LB and DB coach. Winston Moss would probably be happy to leave the XFL for college football as the defensive coordinator. Defensive Staff instantly upgraded. Diaz can thank me later when he wins with my proposed staff and gets a contract extension.

Advertisement
Give Blake Baker the 2019 SMU offense and you’d be Manny Diaz’ biggest fan.

4th&17?

No...

Give me 4 down linemen on 3rd & long; our best pass-rusher not playing corner; tackling overall, but especially after a bye; preparation week-in/week-out; Manny not having to hold Blake's hand; and i'd be his biggest fan.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I disagree - we HATED Golden and D'Onofrio.

Golden was riding it out until his buyout at that point - couldn't sack his best man.

Golden was released during the season in his 5th year and released after the Clemson debacle. The pressure really came down. Diaz just finished his first year with a lot of pressure. Big difference.

Last edited:
Golden was released during the season in his 5th year and released after the Clemson debacle. The pressure really came down. Diaz just finished his first year with a lot of pressure. Big difference.
Golden hid behind 'The Cloud' and a stellar PR game for a couple of years.

It's a different time now - the Miami fan base (rightly) has no patience left.

yet banda patke are still employed.......the dumb part is still questionable

Advertisement
Back