Manny Diaz World Tour

TheOriginalCane

So say good night to the bad guy!
Premium

The University of Miami football program on Thursday released its full, six-city schedule for The New Miami 2019 Hurricane Club spring tour.

Miami Hurricanes fans will soon have the opportunity to meet coach Manny Diaz and athletic director Blake James, as well as other Miami coaches.

First stop on the tour: The Wharf on the Miami River, 114 SW North River Dr., from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. April 10, and will include Diaz’s entire coaching staff.

Cost is $60 for Hurricane Club members and $75 for nonmembers, and includes two beer/wine/soft drink tickets, hors d’oeuvres stations and a cash bar.

Second stop: Orlando on April 20 for a pre-scrimmage brunch from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m at the CenterState Club at Camping World Stadium before UM’s spring game. Cost is $50 for Hurricane Club members and $75 for nonmembers and includes a brunch buffet, cash bar and question-and-answer session with Diaz and James.

Third stop: Fort Myers Pelican Preserve on May 11 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 10571 Veneto Dr.. Cost is $50 for Hurricane Club members social/lunch ticket. It’s $100 for an individual golfer and $400 for a golf foursome. Diaz and James will be there.

Fourth stop: Jacksonville Hyatt Regency Riverfront on May 15 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at 225 E. Coastline Dr.. Cost is $75 for Hurricane Club members and $100 for nonmembers and includes dinner, a complimentary ****tail and cash bar. Diaz and James will be there.

Fifth stop: New York/New Jersey private function for membership society donors on May 21. Call UM Associate athletic director for development Chris Cohen at 305-284-4810 for more information.

Sixth stop: Chicago private function for membership society donors on May 30. Call Cohen (above) for more information.

For more information or to register for any of the events, go to hurricaneclub@miami.edu or call 305-284-6699.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Do we usually hold events in NY? It makes sense that we have/would for general alumni relations, but is TNM using this as a part of a larger presence the area and a greater recruiting emphasis?

It seemed, at least to me, that we kind of "discovered" NY last recruiting cycle. At least in terms of actually focusing on the area instead of just the occasional recruit. Is that accurate?

Advertisement
Do we usually hold events in NY? It makes sense that we have/would for general alumni relations, but is TNM using this as a part of a larger presence the area and a greater recruiting emphasis?

It seemed, at least to me, that we kind of "discovered" NY last recruiting cycle. At least in terms of actually focusing on the area instead of just the occasional recruit. Is that accurate?

I could be sworn they've been doing these events in NY for years but I could be wrong. Miami has a large alumni base in NY and Chicago. ****, Atlanta too. That's where they need to add a stop instead of Jacksonville.

I could be sworn they've been doing these events in NY for years but I could be wrong. Miami has a large alumni base in NY and Chicago. ****, Atlanta too. That's where they need to add a stop instead of Jacksonville.

A lot of alums in the NE. Outside of FL, the largest UM Alumni Associations are NYC, DC, and Boston. The year we played Temple and F$U (Labor Day) on the road, the Alumni Association sold more alumni event packages to the Temple game than to the F$U game.

So, to make this simpler, is NY an increasing area of recruiting emphasis? Does anyone on staff have ties to the area?

Advertisement
The "NYC" stop is at a private residence in NJ. Only open to Category 5 & above donors.

But yes, plenty of Canes fans up in the NYC area. I hope the administration makes the area more of a focus for events like this going forward.

Advertisement
Finally, I've been absolutely dying for a chance to meet Blake James. I'm schoolgirl levels of giddy over here.

Advertisement

Yes. It makes perfect sense. This is for the Wall St. Alumni and Club members. Big $$.

Advertisement
Back