Manny Diaz Press Conference today

Advertisement

“Certainly everybody is welcome back,” Diaz said. “What these players had to go through this year, it’s one of the best rules the NCAA ever made. There are some teams that are not going to get four games in, you know? We’re very fortunate we got eight to this point. We’re having those conversations not just with our seniors but your juniors - getting NFL feedback, let guys know where they stand not just shaping their decision for 2021 but hold a mirror in front of them, `Here’s how they see you, maybe these are things you want to effect in the next couple of games.’ I don’t ultimately expect any decision to be made anytime soon.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Diaz also said that “It will be an evolving roster throughout net week as we get guys back from different types of quarantine, clearance form medical personnel. We’ll manage as we have. Some might be able to get walkthrough, some practice and we’ll see what we have on Friday and go play. … We’re about to go through a week next week that will be unlike any week I’ve had in my coaching career or anyone else on the staff or the team.”

"This week it’s almost like we had to restart it again like we did in June. We start apart, come back in small groups, smaller type workouts like in the summer. We rebuild the ship again and look forward to getting back out there next weekend.”

Advertisement

Doh! That comment makes it sound like this will be worse than the usual bye week let down. No practice or working out for a decent percentage of the team for 2+ weeks? Yikes! Hopefully that’s Manny playing chess and not checkers like some on here like to say! 😂

“As much turbulence as the year 2020 has provided inside the football program and all around the country, we still have a lot to be thankful for,” Diaz said. “To be ranked No. 10 on Thanksgiving weekend with all the disruptions, we have something to play for in December. We look forward to getting our team back slowly but surely.”

Diaz said the goal remains to get all the final games in.

“Every game we have left is not promised to us,” Diaz said. “We do have a bunch of guys that want to go back out there and play for each other and for Miami.”

“As much turbulence as the year 2020 has provided inside the football program and all around the country, we still have a lot to be thankful for,” Diaz said. “To be ranked No. 10 on Thanksgiving weekend with all the disruptions, we have something to play for in December. We look forward to getting our team back slowly but surely.”

Diaz said the goal remains to get all the final games in.

“Every game we have left is not promised to us,” Diaz said. “We do have a bunch of guys that want to go back out there and play for each other and for Miami.”
probably nit picking but I'd much rather that say everyone wants to get back out there. I could even settle for everyone except a handful of senior linebackers 😄.

Advertisement
Manny Diaz: "You don't get what you want in 2020...you better make do with what you have."

"Coach Diaz says they had a zoom call with the offensive players this morning, talked about what they're thankful for. Says that the juniors really appreciate the team winning, after going 13-13 their first two years."

And we have porsters screaming about margin of victory.

Advertisement
Glad Manny survived the death sentence of Covid. He had to endure some headaches over the last week...prayers were answered.

medicine is not a science doctor GIF

Doh! That comment makes it sound like this will be worse than the usual bye week let down. No practice or working out for a decent percentage of the team for 2+ weeks? Yikes! Hopefully that’s Manny playing chess and not checkers like some on here like to say! 😂
Candy Land, my friend. Candy Land.

Is it just me or is Diaz's favorite thing to say at pressers and various soundbites is the word "relentless".

He made it seem like Corona was a Defensive end out to get him sacked.

Advertisement
Back