Manny Diaz post-practiSe presser (8/21) - SIAP...

Advertisement
One notable update from Manny's presser: they will decide QB2 tonight and tomorrow he'll get most of the reps on 2nd team.

Advertisement
We got some bad reporters.

I'm not a journalist so I don't know much about the strategy that goes into writing their stories.

But it feels like they're just hunting for sound bites. Maybe that's just how the industry works. They already wrote their stories and just need a quote or two to fill in the gaps.

On the other hand, they've been writing about this game for many months now. They are probably ready for Saturday night to arrive.

Advertisement
Lord that last question for Manny. You could feel the heat coming off him.

Someone tried to sneak in a suspension question, I hate the video cut off.

Miami is one of the biggest cities in the world and this is the best they can get for reporters? Outside of Navarro, a bunch of trash reporters with no backbone. Susan out there looking like a **** goblin and Christy bigger and bigger by the minute.

Advertisement
Very valid last question. That Wisconsin team last year was horrid. BC and some others also steamrolled Manny run D. No point in being a homer as if defense was flawless
4.2 yards per carry is steamrolling? BC got their yards, they also ran the ball over 50 times. They had success early hitting big plays on trick plays.

Advertisement
It's pretty simple really as is almost always the case, who ever runs the ball the best is going to win. We need to shorten the game, IMO, and the run game will do that. I'm petty optimistic when it comes to the Canes, but with the two biggest ?'s being QB and OL...I'm not feeling it right now.

It's pretty simple really as is almost always the case, who ever runs the ball the best is going to win. We need to shorten the game, IMO, and the run game will do that. I'm petty optimistic when it comes to the Canes, but with the two biggest ?'s being QB and OL...I'm not feeling it right now.
I agree our QB and OL are questions. But what about UF's OL (which across the line is a bigger ?) and the fact that their QB may be experienced, but he was one of, if not the, worst QB in P5 (based on QBR) when under pressure last season? It's fine to see our problems, but don't forget about theirs.

4.2 yards per carry is steamrolling? BC got their yards, they also ran the ball over 50 times. They had success early hitting big plays on trick plays.
held for less yards in following weeks by Clemson, Syracuse and FSU. their top 2 rushers averaged 5.0 and 5.7 yards a carry. the overall average was dragged down by some receivers.

Either way Miami's run defense was fine, but its silly for fans to act like Manny is above being asked such a question.

I agree our QB and OL are questions. But what about UF's OL (which across the line is a bigger ?) and the fact that their QB may be experienced, but he was one of, if not the, worst QB in P5 (based on QBR) when under pressure last season? It's fine to see our problems, but don't forget about theirs.

Their fans are now also predicting that they're going to lose a few to suspension, allegedly two DT's which would leave them with three for the game...interesting.

Advertisement
Back