Manny Diaz on his new dbs

brock

All-American
Did you all hear how glowingly he talked about dean and Delaney? I'm definitely not concerned about this position
http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect...playlist=7596154b-0c55-4dbc-83b7-a78e0037f366

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=6SsgNHspRHw

Fall Practice Highlights - Jhavonte Dean highlights - Hudl

Dean in his film showed excellent coverage skills. If he is showing that he can tackle early then he would be one of most complete corners we have had in years with some elite traits

Delaney in his film is an excellent ballhawk. Only one we have had lately who could rack up the ints at cornerback was artie burns

Last edited:
Advertisement
I am looking forward to these guys getting after it. Sounds like they will be a great 1-2 combination on the outside. Delaney is going to knock some dudes around and be very disruptive to the routes of WR. Dean just sounds like he has all the intangibles and the ability to make up for mistakes with his ball skills and speed. Add to that a proven Malek Young and Mike Jackson, that has been steadily improving, I think our CBs are in a good spot.

At Safety, I think Jaquan will be solid, hopefully the position change with Redwine, and Amari Carter will prove to be a solid group back there.

The front seven should help the secondary hide a few deficiencies.

Anyone disagree that the ideal scenario includes Delaney and Dean outside with Young as the nickel?

Anyone disagree that the ideal scenario includes Delaney and Dean outside with Young as the nickel?

Best situation for us and then have young who impressed in the spring and bandy battle it out for the nickel corner spot

Advertisement
Went from a huge ? in the secondary to a bunch of studs roaming out there

Watching the defense is going to be a replica of what the Dothraki did to Jaime and his boys on a weekly basis

Sept 2nd can't be here soon enough

I want to find a way to get bandy on the field somehow in nickel/dime. instinctual and has play making ability.

Advertisement
Our DBs should want to play Nickel, ala Malek Young's comments. It's a tremendous opportunity for players who make plays on the ball. As i've been saying since before Dean even stepped on campus, I'd be really curious to see him in some packages with him inside. There are responsibilities in certain packages that leave our Corner 1 on 1 on some vertical/corner routes. I think Dean's ability would be the perfect match to neutralize those plays.

Other than that, for more traditional packages, Dean at Field, Delaney at Boundary, Malek as an enthusiatic Nickel is a nice complementary unit. Then you have Redwine at Field Safety often ending up in coverage with an inside WR. Jaquan at Boundary Safety using his feel/instinct.

I think it's a really solid unit.

Our front 7 is all back, AND we are starting to look solid and deep in the secondary????

giphy1.gif

Assuming we stay healthy, it's going to be a lot of fun to watch us play defense.

That was weird to type.

Advertisement
Our DBs should want to play Nickel, ala Malek Young's comments. It's a tremendous opportunity for players who make plays on the ball. As i've been saying since before Dean even stepped on campus, I'd be really curious to see him in some packages with him inside. There are responsibilities in certain packages that leave our Corner 1 on 1 on some vertical/corner routes. I think Dean's ability would be the perfect match to neutralize those plays.

Other than that, for more traditional packages, Dean at Field, Delaney at Boundary, Malek as an enthusiatic Nickel is a nice complementary unit. Then you have Redwine at Field Safety often ending up in coverage with an inside WR. Jaquan at Boundary Safety using his feel/instinct.

**** Lucane, don't take this the wrong way, but you just gave me wood!!

The additions of 3 starter quality CBs in Bandy, Dean, and Delaney has completely transformed our defensive backfield into one of the best in the ACC. There's some length, range and ball hawking ability back there.

Could be a feeding frenzy on the slate of new ACC QBs if our DL can generate more consistent pressure than we did last year.

This D can run the table. My questions are on offense. Nobody on the FSU O scares me remotely. Cook and Rudolph Gone. Frenchman wasn't that good against us last season. With worse weapons they'll be lucky to put up last season's total. That game has more to do with the Miami offense against FSU D. We beat FSU though and we rolling!

Advertisement
Dean coming on is the real plus here. Some people thought it would take him some time but it sounds like he is ready to go.

nice verbiage

well played

Advertisement
Back