Manny Diaz Football Camp Week 1 Recap

View as article
I would love to see him in green and orange, and while I don’t think this recruitment is anywhere near over, you gotta be blind not to see his infatuation for Clemson.

No doubt he’s also high on the Canes, but he’s been very public about what the CU offer meant to him.

And yes while he did decommit from UF at our spring game, he’s still yet to commit to us since then and has only become enamored with Clemson.

Is it over? No. If I was a betting man? I’d put a lot on Clemson.

Advertisement
Did you miss what he said about Miami?

no not at all. I debated copying the whole thing but since the question was Clemson related I just posted that part. Honestly, He always says the same positive stuff about Miami. We all know that. And I think he means it. But this new love for Clemson is definitely different and is the concern.....

no not at all. I debated copying the whole thing but since the question was Clemson related I just posted that part. Honestly, He always says the same positive stuff about Miami. We all know that. And I think he means it. But this new love for Clemson is definitely different and is the concern.....
This.

Just to be fair and include all recaps from Lewis' various interviews, here's what was said on TOS after he spoke with one of their national reporters recently:

Despite Lewis saying he'd like to leave Florida, I get the feeling that's just talk. If Miami has a good year this year, they are going to be hard to beat for Lewis. Clemson being involved isn't ideal obviously, but I could see this coming down to the Tigers and Hurricanes. There's a long way to go.

Bottom line: lots of time left

I don't have a subscribition to 247 so I honestly didn't know what he said, but I know he had said something that's why I asked you.

Advertisement
I would love to see him in green and orange, and while I don’t think this recruitment is anywhere near over, you gotta be blind not to see his infatuation for Clemson.

No doubt he’s also high on the Canes, but he’s been very public about what the CU offer meant to him.

And yes while he did decommit from UF at our spring game, he’s still yet to commit to us since then and has only become enamored with Clemson.

Is it over? No. If I was a betting man? I’d put a lot on Clemson.
All I can tell you is, he's a kid that goes back & forth with who he likes on a weekly basis.

If you would've asked last week, he would be all Bama, at one point he was high on UGA & now he likes Clemson/Miami.

The one constant has been he likes Miami a lot & his father wants him to stay home, but the kid is going to take every visit & be one of the highest sought after LB's in the 21 class, he'll get a ton of attention & he likes attention...

If Miami beats UF & puts together a good/great season that will be HUGE in helping us land him. This recruitment will come down to the product we put on the field & how far we are willing to go to keep him home (and by that yall should know what I mean).

The coaching staff just needs to lay it all on the line. Don't tell him a bunch "you might can's & it's possible" type talk, if they really want him they'll have to give a full effort.

All I can tell you is, he's a kid that goes back & forth with who he likes on a weekly basis.

If you would've asked last week, he would be all Bama, at one point he was high on UGA & now he likes Clemson/Miami.

The one constant has been he likes Miami a lot & his father wants him to stay home, but the kid is going to take every visit & be one of the highest sought after LB's in the 21 class, he'll get a ton of attention & he likes attention...

If Miami beats UF & puts together a good/great season that will be HUGE in helping us land him. This recruitment will come down to the product we put on the field & how far we are willing to go to keep him home (and by that yall should know what I mean).

The coaching staff just needs to lay it all on the line. Don't tell him a bunch "you might can's & it's possible" type talk, if they really want him they'll have to give a full effort.
No doubt. Always appreciate the info you bring in fam

Just to be fair and include all recaps from Lewis' various interviews, here's what was said on TOS after he spoke with one of their national reporters recently:

Despite Lewis saying he'd like to leave Florida, I get the feeling that's just talk. If Miami has a good year this year, they are going to be hard to beat for Lewis. Clemson being involved isn't ideal obviously, but I could see this coming down to the Tigers and Hurricanes. There's a long way to go.

Bottom line: lots of time left
TOS? The one that thought we had an 85% chance at landing the Lakeland duo last year? I’ll buy oceanfront property in Idaho before I take what they say seriously.

Advertisement
@Matthew_Suero was Westley Neal w the Gulliver kids? Didn’t see him mentioned in any of the articles from the weekend.

My good friend has been a history & English teacher there for about a decade now and is one of the softball coaches and helps a little bit with the football team. He had good things to say about their HC. He’s not connected with them enough to know inside info but knows most of the kids.

@Matthew_Suero was Westley Neal w the Gulliver kids? Didn’t see him mentioned in any of the articles from the weekend.

My good friend has been a history & English teacher there for about a decade now and is one of the softball coaches and helps a little bit with the football team. He had good things to say about their HC. He’s not connected with them enough to know inside info but knows most of the kids.
Yeah he came off his visit from Rutger

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back