Manny Diaz explains New UM recruiting commitment rules

Advertisement
I know some disagree but I actually like this. I mean at least give it a shot. Gotta try something different because what we’re doing isn’t working. We lost kids at 9 wins and a bowl win and kids at 10-3 so $&@& it.

C360F200-1817-4C50-ADF8-257BABFEC104.jpeg

I like coach Manny approach but like my old ball Head Coach G. Hodgin -use to say ; "Just win and leave all the gimmicks, the only thing that takes people serious is Winning Percentages".

Mannn... I miss that mane' LOL

*Legend in the state with over 256 victories
*four district championships,
*four conference titles
*three regional titles,
*one sectional crown
*3x state runner Up
*Space Coast Hall of Fame
*Orlando Sentinel Top 50 All Time Head Coach
* Came from the same FHSAA Hall Fame Pedigree of Gerald Odom many years as DC / assistant at my same high school.

Coached the likes of Leonard " Bubba" McDowell , Hurlie Brown, Daryl Spencer , Derrick Jerome Ham to name a few CANES. Not to mention the other tremendous great athletes coming from this specific small town school.

Go Mustangs 🐴 🏴 and Go :neonu: Canes ! :stormwarningflag-sm:

Advertisement
The only issue I have with this is the timing. It's not ideal to start talking about this at 0-2.

But, look, Manny has to be Manny. I'm giving him some space to do his thing and when the season is over and the class is signed, we'll see how it feels and then come back next March/April and do it all over again.

Ball don't lie and the scoreboard is the final arbiter.

The only issue I have with this is the timing. It's not ideal to start talking about this at 0-2.

But, look, Manny has to be Manny. I'm giving him some space to do his thing and when the season is over and the class is signed, we'll see how it feels and then come back next March/April and do it all over again.

Ball don't lie and the scoreboard is the final arbiter.

To be fair.

We are 1-2 :****:

Advertisement
Sounds like “If you’re looking, we’re looking.” I don’t see the problem with it.

Also talked about drama recruits being busts at higher percentages.
Agree. I think this is probably being overblown in the media but it's not some kind of new stance on recruiting. He's just saying "until you sign, we're not considering you committed".

Agree. I think this is probably being overblown in the media but it's not some kind of new stance on recruiting. He's just saying "until you sign, we're not considering you committed".
They technically can't sign until signing day. But if they're still taking visits after verbal committing, he's got to protect himself.

Advertisement
They technically can't sign until signing day. But if they're still taking visits after verbal committing, he's got to protect himself.
Exactly, so until signing day, we're not going to consider you committed

Advertisement
Sounds like “If you’re looking, we’re looking.” I don’t see the problem with it.

Also talked about drama recruits being busts at higher percentages.
He’s been listening to The Legend, as The Legend was the first to espouse that hypothesis and then scientifically prove it as fact.

This wont work IMO but i cant do **** about but let him do his thing and see what happens.
What we’ve been doing hasn’t worked. So I applaud the idea of doing something different and trying to weed out the bag chasers and game players so we can spend more of our time recruiting great players with better character.

As much as some of you guys think football is a PlayStation “create a player” thing it isn’t; character can be a huge thing. Look at all the 4 and 5 star punks Jizzbo accumulated at FSU. They’d quit at the first sign of adversity and regularly get ragdolled by inferior athletes.

What we’ve been doing hasn’t worked. So I applaud the idea of doing something different and trying to weed out the bag chasers and game players so we can spend more of our time recruiting great players with better character.

As much as some of you guys think football is a PlayStation “create a player” thing it isn’t; character can be a huge thing. Look at all the 4 and 5 star punks Jizzbo accumulated at FSU. They’d quit at the first sign of adversity and regularly get ragdolled by inferior athletes.

This Chise. It's almost like Manny has been reading the board. He said almost everything we have been complaining about regarding recruiting these days and has implemented some things to try and fix the issues.

I admire the strategy i think it can possibly woek but i dont think MD is a great evaluator.....especially whwn i go through his history of his guys a while back on this foruns. He better start targetting ucf kids or something cause they do extensive evals i have heard.

Advertisement
Back