Manny Diaz Buyout?

This administration has ZERO concern for athletics. Maintaining the athletic depart (at any level of incompetence) is required to remain the ACC.

It has been proven that a STRONG athletic department, particularly in those revenue generating sports increases applications and allows the school to be more selective with prospective students and adjust tuition accordingly.

This BOT and athletic department is being very short sighted. The fix is in sweeping change. Not change for change, but change that is well thought out with a timeline and expectations that are realistic that assign accountability.

As long as the BOT is not emphasizing athletic excellence, we will continue with this BS mediocrity (barely) and continue to enjoy the revenue that is provided by our affiliation with the ACC.

I cancelled my trip to Durham this morning. My family and I will not continue to support this excuse for an athletic department.

Can't wait to see what happens to the basketball team when Coach L hangs it up. I'm sure they will hire some hard charging bench coach and expect nothing of him while holding him to no standard.

Criminal what is going on at this University!

Advertisement
How
He’s got 4 years left at about 3.5 mil per year

I’d say it’s about a 7 million dollar buyout
As a said before I can forgive Rick for everything except hiring Manny as DC. I knew we wouldn’t be able to get rid of him and here we are folks! There are people actually posting that perhaps Manny should be demoted back to DC after the season.

I can’t believe that coaches/teachers are getting paid millions for THIS? And then if they fire him, have to pay millions just to do it. Smh

No way in **** manny gets paid 3.5 a year. If he does that's even worse
I don’t know the details, but it’s been bragged about by his family that he got the same exact contract as Lincoln Riley’s HC debut. $2.9 Mill with a 10% increase every year

I don’t know the details, but it’s been bragged about by his family that he got the same exact contract as Lincoln Riley’s HC debut. $2.9 Mill with a 10% increase every year
Well we do have morons for decision makers so I guess I shouldnt be surprised. If this moron blake gave this dude that contract he should've been replaced before it was submitted. That's priceless actually. He gets a contract like that,a raise from what hed get at temple and a 4 million buyout to temple for the 5 minutes he had a contract with them... holy **** this is dysfunctional around here now.

Advertisement
Strawley says winning is a social construct and is racist. She identifies yesterday's loss as a great victory.

Some one should snatch one of her boat shoes off her feet and use them to knock some sense into that head

They have that too with richt getting off without Miami having to pay severance pay . We will see what happens
I'm gonna add a little bit more to this because it's what I'm thinking also. I think the $20 mil Richt left on the table should be considered found money. They should use that money to flush Manny and his entire staff right on out into the ocean and then flush Blake right on out also. What ever is left over should be used to buy a real coach and AD out of their current contracts and quick step start over. Huge mistake was made and we all ******* know it. Rip that band aid the **** off and lets commence to healing asap.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back