Manny and This Admin are Meant for Each Other

Big Pimpin Cane

It’s-a-me!!! Mario!!!!
They are the perfect match. They both treat the issues facing their program/team the same way. They both will change only when forced to do so.

Manny starts the season talking a big game, then encounters problems in the form of injuries and losses. As a result of those losses and injuries, he is FORCED to make changes that then actually make his team better. The young players, who most could see were better but he stubbornly refused to play, actually start winning. Would he have gone to most of these players if he hasn’t been forced to? No! Has anything really changed? No! Has he bought himself another year? Possibly, if he keeps it up. Pathetic.

Our admin is sending out signals saying they are going to make sweeping changes. They don’t want to make these changes, or they would have done so at any point over the past 10-15 years, when it has been abundantly clear that we needed them. They are being FORCED to make changes due to external (fans and media) and internal (big donors) pressure. Would they make those changes, which are necessary no matter how the team does, if we were winning? No! Has anything actually changed yet? No! Could they be willing to give Manny another year? Possibly, if he wins out. It’s easy to see them staying with the status quo. Pathetic.

Neither Manny nor the admin want anything to change. They will both only make changes when they are forced to do so. Then, they will act like those changes that they never wanted to make turned things around. Manny, the politician, will spin this end of season “success” into another year. The admin will say that they are trying to do things right and take their time, while doing little to nothing that would be defined as “big change.”

How sad that I feel ambivalent about a UM win over a ranked team for the first time in my life. Usually I would have been losing my mind. Last night, I quietly watched and didn’t even cheer at the end. I’m terrified that he’s gonna win out and then the hamster wheel will stay in motion.

Please, tell me I’m wrong.

Advertisement
Im just holding onto hope that the minority voices in favor of sustained athletic success are finally heard at the BOT table, i cant really do much else other than that at this point.

To us the answer seems pretty concise, financially commit to the program(s) that bring relevance->applicants->donations/profits to universities across the country, or be complacent with the current trajectory and lose thousands of fans and donors* and fall to the depths of USF.

Ball's in their court, scared money dont make money 🤷🏽‍♂️

You're not wrong which is why last night's game really was a program setback as I said. What do we gain by finishing the year 7-5/8-4? Are we competing for championships? No. Are we nationally relevant? No. Do Blake and Manny get to stay? Yes. Last night was a step towards catastrophe.

Christina Aguilera Nobody Cares GIF
UM board

Advertisement
They are the perfect match. They both treat the issues facing their program/team the same way. They both will change only when forced to do so.

Manny starts the season talking a big game, then encounters problems in the form of injuries and losses. As a result of those losses and injuries, he is FORCED to make changes that then actually make his team better. The young players, who most could see were better but he stubbornly refused to play, actually start winning. Would he have gone to most of these players if he hasn’t been forced to? No! Has anything really changed? No! Has he bought himself another year? Possibly, if he keeps it up. Pathetic.

Our admin is sending out signals saying they are going to make sweeping changes. They don’t want to make these changes, or they would have done so at any point over the past 10-15 years, when it has been abundantly clear that we needed them. They are being FORCED to make changes due to external (fans and media) and internal (big donors) pressure. Would they make those changes, which are necessary no matter how the team does, if we were winning? No! Has anything actually changed yet? No! Could they be willing to give Manny another year? Possibly, if he wins out. It’s easy to see them staying with the status quo. Pathetic.

Neither Manny nor the admin want anything to change. They will both only make changes when they are forced to do so. Then, they will act like those changes that they never wanted to make turned things around. Manny, the politician, will spin this end of season “success” into another year. The admin will say that they are trying to do things right and take their time, while doing little to nothing that would be defined as “big change.”

How sad that I feel ambivalent about a UM win over a ranked team for the first time in my life. Usually I would have been losing my mind. Last night, I quietly watched and didn’t even cheer at the end. I’m terrified that he’s gonna win out and then the hamster wheel will stay in motion.

You’re wrong.

Manny tried.

Never said he didn’t try. Just said he didn’t make the changes he should have made, most specifically playing younger/better players over “his” guys who were older, until he was forced to.
You were talking about manny and the admin being made for each other. The admin has literally done nothing. Manny brought in OCs in back to back years. That right there puts him above the admin in the hierarchy of shltbags.

Advertisement
Advertisement

1635560382837.gif

What’s mind boggling to me is that the BOT members are successful business people for the most part and don’t seem to understand the positive financial impact a successful football program provides to the entire university.
More specifically as @wspcane has pointed out before - they wouldn’t run their own businesses this way - yet here we are.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back