Manny 1st Game Recap Interview W-WQAM

I thought manny would be ok here but just hearing him talk I know now he is not the man for this job if he really think we looked good he is crazy he is happy with just being good and having a job we need a coach that demands great and accountability, he is to much of a friend to the players and they are not scared of him the longer we keep him the longer it’s going to take to get back.

Advertisement
I really hope Manny can get this program going because he has shown he can recruit and run a defense. I am still not sold on him being a head coach... He is extremely cerebral which is great but sometimes I think it may get in the way of just keeping things a little more simple. Its good he felt pretty good about this game but this interview came off a little faux confidence. It was UAB so lets pump the breaks on saying kick their *** etc. Come on man, nobody is really that impressed. You won a game you should have won. Again, I am not trying to bash him but interviews like this just really make me question him as a HC. He is almost a watered down version of Tom Herman at Texas. That guys has actually toned it down a tad after realizing he isnt Urban.

Advertisement
Of course Joe Rose brings up the defense getting tired if you run a no-huddle. How can someone who's job is to watch and discuss football games be so out of touch? He's probably wondering when we're going to unleash the fullback.

Advertisement
ST's sitting pretty. Improve hands.
OL needs some work.
D needs some shoring up.
King needs to be let loose, and be accurate.
Apart from the above...................we will be fine... bring on the Cards.

I thought manny would be ok here but just hearing him talk I know now he is not the man for this job if he really think we looked good he is crazy he is happy with just being good and having a job we need a coach that demands great and accountability, he is to much of a friend to the players and they are not scared of him the longer we keep him the longer it’s going to take to get back.

Scorcho-meter gives this hot take 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥

Advertisement
go watch roman’s 2nd half breakdown. Watch the catch Payton makes for a first down and look at how diaz reacts on sideline. The man is jumping for joy for a first down. I’ve never seen anything like it from a head coach.

He seemed to insinuate that they employed a limited playbook for the UAB game. I for one am hoping that this is true and not him using it as an excuse for not crushing them (yes we beat the spread but we should have destroyed them). We shall see on Saturday which one it is. I cannot imagine that we will reserve the playbook for Clemson in game 4 and beyond.

Advertisement
Like that Manny mentioned the technique from the coverage unit and that it needs to be sharpened. Also like that a specific player (Ivey) does not get mentioned.

Also him being an Aussie punter who rolls to the right, he always has the ability to just hold the ball and run the fake if they bail out on that side.

don’t be shocked if we fake a couple punts this year when we get desperate.
They tend to work better when we're not desperate and the defense isn't expecting it.

I hope you enjoyed listening to your first coach's interview.

Advertisement
Back