Manny’s first real test as HC..,

The Franchise

The Best EVER
Premium
Manny will prove what kind of leader he is by how engaged he keeps the backup QBs. If the guys who lose the job mope around and tear up the locker room and start breeding factions, then Manny didn’t do a good job.

His main job as HC is to be a leader of men. He has guys in place to run the O and D. It’ll be interesting to see how the QBs (and their factions) handle not winning the job. It should be a fairly easy job to keep them engaged, as the winner shouldn’t be automatically anointed for the next 3 years.

I remember a couple years ago Sabag started that stiff who transferred 20 times then went to Hurts after 2 series. I think Helton started that Max Brown kid in that same game then wound up eventually going to Darnold, who was infinitely better.

Advertisement
I'm not concerned about it, I think if a QB starts bytching and wants out, fine, Manny will let him transfer. We'll still have two solid QBs plus an unknown in Matocha and a commitment from TVD and hopefully soon Garcia. It's not the same situation it was just 8 months ago.

No doubt a tear will fall in this QB race , this will bring about Coach Diaz leadership that will shape his coaching legacy .

This is a close tough call that I feel has been made already and these last few days is to solidify it and to show and give every opportunity for last minute surprise leaving no doubt.

I have my own choice but mine doesn’t count, whom ever it is I’M ALL IN .

GOCANES

Advertisement
Oh if anyone on this team doesn’t rally around this new QB

Pine time and warning any insubordination GONE

GOCANES

I'm not concerned about it, I think if a QB starts bytching and wants out, fine, Manny will let him transfer. We'll still have two solid QBs plus an unknown in Matocha and a commitment from TVD and hopefully soon Garcia. It's not the same situation it was just 8 months ago.
I’m not talking about next year. He needs to be able to handle the disappointment THIS YEAR without letting factions develop. All great HCs are great psychologists first and foremost.

Most of those guys were their last year and the team still fell apart.

Little bit of a difference when the problem is in the coaching staff and there was literally no QB on the roster that could have made a difference or fixed Richt’s shortcomings.

If we have a QB that can win us games and another wants to cry that they’re not playing (but assume the team is winning games) ***** not gonna fly. Lot of those guys could be making millions right now but they came back. They don’t deserve or have time to deal with immaturity

Advertisement
His first move in this specific area was hiring a coach players apparently respect. Enos knows QBs. He has a track record. He's up to date with modern skills, drills and schemes. I know that sounds like what should be a given and a low bar, but cot**** if we weren't below it in recent years.

I’m not talking about next year. He needs to be able to handle the disappointment THIS YEAR without letting factions develop. All great HCs are great psychologists first and foremost.

Winning helps. If we are rolling I doubt we see or hear about cliques. Maybe hear about one or two disgruntled players. (I’m thinking like a dionte Mullins when we were 7-0 type situation)

If we struggle offensively, then we may see some similarities from last year with the Malik vs. Kosi groups.

Advertisement
Manny will prove what kind of leader he is by how engaged he keeps the backup QBs. If the guys who lose the job mope around and tear up the locker room and start breeding factions, then Manny didn’t do a good job.

His main job as HC is to be a leader of men. He has guys in place to run the O and D. It’ll be interesting to see how the QBs (and their factions) handle not winning the job. It should be a fairly easy job to keep them engaged, as the winner shouldn’t be automatically anointed for the next 3 years.

I remember a couple years ago Sabag started that stiff who transferred 20 times then went to Hurts after 2 series. I think Helton started that Max Brown kid in that same game then wound up eventually going to Darnold, who was infinitely better.

I'd even argue that before that he needs to start whomever looks the best in the fall. The quickest way to lose a locker room, and which happened under Richt, was not playing the players who were clearly better.

Winning helps. If we are rolling I doubt we see or hear about cliques. Maybe hear about one or two disgruntled players. (I’m thinking like a dionte Mullins when we were 7-0 type situation)

If we struggle offensively, then we may see some similarities from last year with the Malik vs. Kosi groups.

Mullen’s look when we were skull ****kn VT.. and then his dumb twitter rant. Good times

Advertisement

That responsibility likely to fall on Enos who has already proven can handle big egos and keep them focused. Just look at last year how he handled Hurts and Tua. But a good sign of a leader is also hiring competent people around you that you trust and can delegate authority to.

I don’t believe he’s going to pick someone to start, without holding an analysis meeting with the QB’s as a group or individually. It would be highly unprofessional, and a dereliction of duty as a HC if he did that. Part of a HC’s duty is to make sure everyone is on the same page, understand his direction for the program, and trust him. If someone is going act like two-year old and throw a tantrum, they don’t belong at this level. We fans often fail to realize the way positional coaches evaluate and grade players, is on detailed components, not the way us fans do based on practice.

I THINK WE ALL SAW WHAT HAPPENED WHEN RICHT PULLED ROSIER LAST YEAR AND PERRY TOOK THE SNAPS....(NOT ONLY FROM A FAN STANDPOINT) IT LIT THE FUSE THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE TEAM...I’M VERY CONFIDENT MANNY HAS THIS TRIFECTA ON LOCK AND WILL EXPOSE THE WEAKEST LINK OF WHOEVER DECIDES TO TEST THE WATERS...

You're a legendary poster on this site. I get it. But that was some stupid ****. 100% your worst post ever. Quit guessing and trying to sound like your some kind of Cane profit. Both you and I and everyone else will find out what kind of HC Manny is after the game with the ******* gators. End of story.

Go Canes!!!!!!

Advertisement
Back