Manning award watch list

Advertisement
Why wouldn’t he be? Kid was a second thought recruit who no one ever expected to play. When he finally does, he leads the greatest program in history to a number two ranking, its first ACC title game, and dominates the news cycle for weeks. He is the most sussessful cane QBs since Ken, with maybe the exception of Berlin. After years of underachievement, we finally have someone who overachieved and some of our friends here think that is a bad thing.

Advertisement
After the FSU game, l became a believer.
Keep it up Malik..

Why? Because of the last two drives? What about the first 3 Quarters? He was terrible that game. One could argue we nearly lost because of him too. What about the rest of the season? He didn’t do anything to become a “believer.”

Why? Because of the last two drives? What about the first 3 Quarters? He was terrible that game. One could argue we nearly lost because of him too. What about the rest of the season? He didn’t do anything to become a “believer.”
A QB doesn't have to excell for 60 full minutes.
Just when it Counts..

With all the weapons at his disposal I can see this. Imagine if he hit on 1/3 of his bad throws last year. He would have been in the 30s for passing tds.

Advertisement

You should be banned for making such *****made comments. Dude snapped a 7 game losing streak at Doak after pumping up the crowd and throwing 2 late TD's, all while getting 25 yards from his starting tailback. Boo hoo we almost lost, what tf happened to our fans?

You should be banned for making such *****made comments. Dude snapped a 7 game losing streak at Doak after pumping up the crowd and throwing 2 late TD's, all while getting 25 yards from his starting tailback. Boo hoo we almost lost, what tf happened to our fans?

Band me for what? Having an opinion based on facts? Rosier went 19 for 44. That is a fact. Our Offense didn’t get a first down until the 2nd Quarter. That is a fact. We struggled to move the ball nearly the entire first half. Fact.
We started really clicking in the 4th. Fact. Rosier and the OL were inconsistent nearly the entire game. Fact. Those factors nearly cost us the game. If Rosier doesn’t pull that miracle in that game we would all be begging for Perry the following week.

You’re a solid poster but you’re becoming the biggest homer on this site. Stop getting so emotional and being a *****.

Band me for what? Having an opinion based on facts? Rosier went 19 for 44. That is a fact. Our Offense didn’t get a first down until the 2nd Quarter. That is a fact. We struggled to move the ball nearly the entire first half. Fact.
We started really clicking in the 4th. Fact. Rosier and the OL were inconsistent nearly the entire game. Fact. Those factors nearly cost us the game. If Rosier doesn’t pull that miracle in that game we would all be begging for Perry the following week.

You’re a solid poster but you’re becoming the biggest homer on this site. Stop getting so emotional and being a *****.

So if the OL was inconsistent and the running game got us 25 yards through the first 3 quarters, why would the blame fall solely on the QB as you suggested? I know he didn't have a good completion percentage but I considered what he was working with and who his opponent was (top 25 defense, rivalry game, numerous injuries, on the road, etc), so I'll cut him some slack on that one stat. We hadn't beaten FSU in a very long time, it was hard for me to find something to complain about after the game. Others, not so much. And you need to stop projecting, because I'm not the one being emotional. I don't call for a new QB every time we lose and I don't complain about close wins. I wanted a new QB at the end of last season, but no one has stepped up so we have what we have. And he shouldn't be the only source of criticism when there were flaws across the board on this team last year. Lord, you go onto the Redwine thread and everyone is praising him about how great he is? Feel like I'm in the twilight zone sometimes.

So if the OL was inconsistent and the running game got us 25 yards through the first 3 quarters, why would the blame fall solely on the QB as you suggested? I know he didn't have a good completion percentage but I considered what he was working with and who his opponent was (top 25 defense, rivalry game, numerous injuries, on the road, etc), so I'll cut him some slack on that one stat. We hadn't beaten FSU in a very long time, it was hard for me to find something to complain about after the game. Others, not so much. And you need to stop projecting, because I'm not the one being emotional. I don't call for a new QB every time we lose and I don't complain about close wins. I wanted a new QB at the end of last season, but no one has stepped up so we have what we have. And he shouldn't be the only source of criticism when there were flaws across the board on this team last year. Lord, you go onto the Redwine thread and everyone is praising him about how great he is? Feel like I'm in the twilight zone sometimes.

I’m okay with Rosier being the starter. He earned it. According to insiders here, he has improved too. So I’m cautiosly optimistic. Hopefully, we see more consistency with him.

Advertisement
I think we will find that Rosier will have more consistency this season, and will ultimately surprise many of his doubters. The addition of more weapons will also help him to survey the field and if need be, select his check downs for completions. That alone will improve his accuracy %. What I’m hoping for is more accuracy is his deep ball shots, because we all know given Ahmmon’s capabilities that he will command the opposing team’s top CB. That will leave Thomas, Pope, and Hightower deep and open. It’s going to be on Rosier’s shoulders to get them the ball, in stride for a big play. He does that, regardless of winning the Manning, he will endear himself to many more CIS fans.

Boy this post will **** of a lot of people here who have decided Rosier is already defeated and should be pulled already .

Let the CIS outrage begin , personally I want our QB to be very successful and prove this Cane family board wrong.

Congratulations to Rosier good for him 🙌🙌

GOCANES

Advertisement
E8DC2C1F-4EEC-4AB2-8B15-ABC258BA9F0D.gif

I was curious about the list. There are 30 QBs on it.
Allstate Sugar Bowl Announces 2018 Manning Award Watch List - Official Site of the Allstate Sugar Bowl
Jake Bentley, Jr., South Carolina
Jake Browning, Sr., Washington
A.J. Erdely, Sr., UAB
Caleb Evans, Jr., UL Monroe
Mason Fine, Jr., North Texas
Ryan Finley, Sr., N.C. State
Nick Fitzgerald, Sr., Mississippi State
Andrew Ford, Sr., Massachusetts
Ty Gangi, Sr., Nevada
Will Grier, Sr., West Virginia
Justice Hansen, Sr., Arkansas State
Ben Hicks, Jr., SMU
Alex Hornibrook, Jr., Wisconsin
Josh Jackson, So., Virginia Tech
Daniel Jones, Jr., Duke
Kyle Kempt, Sr., Iowa State
Brian Lewerke, Jr., Michigan State
Drew Lock, Sr., Missouri
Trace McSorley, Sr., Penn State
McKenzie Milton, Jr., UCF
Gus Ragland, Sr., Miami (Ohio)
Malik Rosier, Sr., Miami
Nathan Rourke, Jr., Ohio
Brett Rypien, Sr., Boise State
Kyle Shurmur, Sr., Vanderbilt
Nathan Stanley, Jr., Iowa
Jarrett Stidham, Sr., Auburn
Khalil Tate, Jr., Arizona
Manny Wilkins, Sr., Arizona State
Brandon Wimbush, Jr., Notre Dame

I also want to add that I've never been so happy about a kid that went to UF; Will Grier who is on the watch list and taunting them every week.

I'll go ahead and include myself in the following question...

Has anyone stopped to consider the possibility that Malik may have improved over the course of the off season? Now that I think about it, I never once actually considered that possibility. I certainly don't want to get too far ahead of myself but stranger things have happened. We'll see soon enough.

Advertisement
Back