Off-Topic Mango's

SWFLHurricane

Recruit
Cot ****....I'm getting a ridiculous harvest this yr....
20240416_080225.jpg
20240416_080245.jpg

Advertisement
I have 2 trees and the harvest is insane. Problem. I'm allergic. Do you sell yours?
Are you allergic to the fruit, or just the skin?

A friend of mine had a tree in his front yard. I thought it would be cool to just pick one off the tree and eat it like an apple. Then I wondered why my lips were swollen and tingly for the next few days. If they’re peeled I don’t seem to react, though.

Advertisement
Are you allergic to the fruit, or just the skin?

A friend of mine had a tree in his front yard. I thought it would be cool to just pick one off the tree and eat it like an apple. Then I wondered why my lips were swollen and tingly for the next few days. If they’re peeled I don’t seem to react, though.
The rind. But it turns me off to eating the fruit itself.

Mangos are related to poison ivy, so its not unusual for the skin to irritate those that touch it. However, the actual fruit should not be an irritant.

p.s. I LOVE mangoes and almost all tropical fruits, I have multiple trees in my backyard, including Mango, Nispero, Bread Fruit, guava and Jack Fruit.

my in-laws have a great species, Valencia Price mangoes. one of the best. the tree is stocked with mangoes

if we have a relatively dry spring, mango production is usually high. been following the trend for decades.

Mangos are related to poison ivy, so its not unusual for the skin to irritate those that touch it. However, the actual fruit should not be an irritant.

p.s. I LOVE mangoes and almost all tropical fruits, I have multiple trees in my backyard, including Mango, Nispero, Bread Fruit, guava and Jack Fruit.
Aren't people who are allergic to shellfish sometimes allergic to the actual fruit?

Advertisement
My son is an agricultural wiz, and he could tell you the names and tastes of dozens of different mango varieties, there are literally thousands. We have a Carrie tree, among others.

I have 2 trees and the harvest is insane. Problem. I'm allergic. Do you sell yours?
No....usually just give some away. I had 3 humongous Mango trees in my backyard all through HS in SWFL/Cape Coral, and they had 10x the yield this one has. As far as being allergic...it's the Sap from the tree that causes that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back