Mandy's crutch the transfer portal

jackedaround

Junior
Has enabled him and the other coaches to forget about developing recruits and players in the system.

Our best players during the last three years have been transfers. Transfers always start over our original recruits and they are better.

When a new transfer comes in to plug a hole and the staff doesn't give a **** about the guys that were recruited. If they do they really are horrible at helping them improve each year.

Also for the position groups with no good players, o line, line backers etc you will notice that we've had no hits on big time transfers.

The reliance on the transfer portal is simply a temporary fix that does nothing to solve the development problem.

This is a terrible strategy that has maybe prevented us from going 4 and 8 but certainly can't continue.

Advertisement
The next coach needs to go and get 3 OL portal transfers for next season.

Advertisement
Agreed that the portal is a temporary fix and not a viable long term strategy for building a team. Manny has had success there, so give him that. I would also say that I don’t think he doesn’t give a **** about development. I think he does care. He’s just not very good at it.

The one thing Manny has done correctly is utilize the transfer portal to cover obvious issues. Unfortunately, his staff has squandered a lot of those talents. D'Eriq King in any other offensive system would be legit, he's playing for an OC that is basic as **** and doesn't allow the man to get into rhythm. Despite that, he carried this program last year. Rambo is another legit talent, who is poorly utilized.

Using the portal is important, but you have to use it as a supplement to the talent you've already developed and recruited.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back