Mandel's take on what our sanctions might be

Advertisement
"Shapiro nearly came to blows with the program's compliance director in 2007, which sure seems like a red flag." I've seen this incident referenced a number of times as supposedly damning evidence. Maybe I'm being dense, but can someone explain to me why this would be such a bad thing in the NCAA's eyes? Doesn't it indicate that our compliance director didn't like the guy?
that isnt really the question

the bigger question would then be why wouldnt he like shapiro?

the problem then becomes........if he says he didnt like shapiro because he even "suspected" that he was a **** weasel........the fact he was even in a box with UM employees/admin would be a problem for the ncaa

Yup. One of the things the NCAA used to hammer USC was our open practices.

Even though NOTHING. NADA. ZILCH occurred at ANY of those practices that led to even ONE NCAA Violation. Or even a HINT of a violation.

This is going to be a problem I fear.

Or maybe we simply pull for a football/athletic program that has been dirty as **** for over 25 years? I mean, Mandel may be a jackass, but sometimes there are pretty good reasons when a program has been the center of on and off the field problems for years.

Not sure why everyone is so sensitive about it. I became a fan because of the thuggness.

Advertisement
Back