Mallory is not hurt

caneaddict

Senior
Games he's made critical errors leading to losses or near losses:

- Mich St., dropped wide open TD that makes the game 14-3 and probably changes the trajectory of that outcome
- Pitt 2021, Miami putting game away he fumbles, and sweet baby jesus blows the ball out of bounds for him
- Saturday, saved by the refs on a fumble followed by a route run to the 1 on 4th and goal that somehow sweet baby jesus blows his body over the goaline for him to then drop thre pass that gets us within 7 and game on
- theres probably more, but good god theres bad and then theres a continuous landmine of a player

Advertisement
He should be lined up outside 15 times a game and if he’s 1 on 1 throw it up to him. His best plays have come from that situation. Do put him over the middle. Do not throw to him if the play matters. Don’t make him block a de. The film is the film and there’s a lot of it on 85. What do the coaches think there watching.

Advertisement
I was about to start a thread on the Tight Ends. Instead I'll just co-op this one. lol

Every single Canes fan sitting in my section (40 yard line - 7 rows up behind the visitor's bench) noted the exact same thing over the past few home games... that this kid Arroyo is a major presence on the field. He makes plays whenever we go to him. Yet for some reason Arroyo is not only behind Mallory but he's also splitting reps with Skinner. To me this is poor roster management.

Note - I like the upside of this Skinner kid but he's not there yet. He could use a redshirt year. Effective immediately, Arroyo should be TE#1. Everyone watching at field level can see it.

Advertisement
Mallory is damaged beyond repair. Everything he does looks hard to do. Catch, Block, run etc…..

Coaches continue to allow Mallory to cost the team for whatever reason.

What is the return on the investment in Mallory? Does his good outweigh his bad?

I was about to start a thread on the Tight Ends. Instead I'll just co-op this one. lol

Every single Canes fan sitting in my section (40 yard line - 7 rows up behind the visitor's bench) noted the exact same thing over the past few home games... that this kid Arroyo is a major presence on the field. He makes plays whenever we go to him. Yet for some reason Arroyo is not only behind Mallory but he's also splitting reps with Skinner. To me this is poor roster management.

Note - I like the upside of this Skinner kid but he's not there yet. He could use a redshirt year. Effective immediately, Arroyo should be TE#1. Everyone watching at field level can see it.
Who is calling the personnel within that unit? Gattis or Fields

Who is calling the personnel within that unit? Gattis or Fields

I do not know. I do know that late in the MTSU game when we thought the Canes still had a chance to make a comeback, we had Jaleel Skinner on the field on a critical 3rd down. I'd like to see official snap count numbers but from sitting in the stadium it looked like Mallory got 50% of the TE snaps with Arroyo and Skinner splitting the other 50%.

IMO Arroyo should be getting the lion's share of TE reps.

Mallory is damaged beyond repair. Everything he does looks hard to do. Catch, Block, run etc…..

Coaches continue to allow Mallory to cost the team for whatever reason.

What is the return on the investment in Mallory? Does his good outweigh his bad?

What's crazy is that Arroyo looks and plays the part. We have a very viable replacement at TE#1. Hopefully this is the kind of game where the coaches make these personnel changes.

Advertisement
I do not know. I do know that late in the MTSU game when we thought the Canes still had a chance to make a comeback, we had Jaleel Skinner on the field on a critical 3rd down. I'd like to see official snap count numbers but from sitting in the stadium it looked like Mallory got 50% of the TE snaps with Arroyo and Skinner splitting the other 50%.

IMO Arroyo should be getting the lion's share of TE reps.
Looks like

Mallory = 76
Arroyo = 37
Skinner = 15
Dom = 3
Kahlil = 1

No reason that Arroyo shouldnt be getting the same or frankly more snaps.

Advertisement
What's crazy is that Arroyo looks and plays the part. We have a very viable replacement at TE#1. Hopefully this is the kind of game where the coaches make these personnel changes.
I think what’s crazier is repeatedly trotting out Mallory after he’s cost this team multiple times penalties. What are the coaches rewarding? He’s not scoring TDs , he’s not helping open up the pass or run game.

It’s frustrating

the problem
is that mallory looks like one of those big ten country white boy TE that gattis creams over
hes truly looks like tarzan plays like jane

Unfortunately Mallory has struggled to catch the ball whenever there's anyone within 2 yards of him. He struggles against both speed and power on those rare plays he's asked to pass block. And he often gets badly beat when he's asked to run block. He's a gamer with the ball in his hands, but a liability at every other point.

I appreciate his service to UM, but Saturday might have been one of those "And now his watch is ended" type moments for Mallory as starting TE at UM.

Advertisement
Back