Malik Rosier needs to visit QB Guru George Whitfield

Tebow made MILLIONS despite not hitting the broad side of a barn, so was that QB coaching really a bad ROI for Tebow, hmmm.
Tebow got $11 Million ($9M guaranteed) from the Broncos in his first contract an they knew he had terrible mechanics.

Link
https://www.milehighreport.com/2010/7/29/1595376/tim-tebow-denver-broncos-agree-on

Go Canes

giphy.gif

Tebow also won the Heisman, National Championship and is arguably one of the greatest College QB’s in terms of production all time.

If Malik goes out and wins the heisman this year and gets us a Natty I’ll pay for him to see this Guru myself.

Advertisement
Paramus is truly a jack of all trades. A renaissance man for the modern age.

An expert on both sides of the ball.

A consummate expert on defensive on offensive line talent with a keen eye for finding those hidden gems all programs seek.

Highly knowledgeable in the draft, and with his expertise practically guaranteeing six figure salaries to NFL hopefuls.

Wise beyond his years in wine, women, and gourmet dining.

....and now - quarterback whisperer and financial adviser.

I am in awe.

Ken Dorsey probably is the best young qb coach I've seen in a long time. He'll be a head coach soon..

I'm not sure if you're serious or not.

Dorsey, what makes him what you said? What do you base that on? Do you have any coaches you can compare him to and demonstrate where he shines?

I love Dorsey and what he did for us on the field. I however don't see him as a head coach in college unless someone wants to take a big chance. He is socially awkward which isn't a good thing when trying to get into the upper echelon of coaching.

Wish him nothing but the best and hopefully he'll prove me wrong. I just feel when people mention him (in particular as a coach here), they just look at his on the field performances and forget the other stuff I touched on.

Paranos-

If you're right and Malik is the starter this year it means a few things (none of them good).

1. It means that ' isn't ready. In 2018, if you aren't ready to start by your RS Freshman season, you are likely a bust.
2. It means that Richt is going into year 3 and the most game ready QB he has on roster is still a 3* Al Golden holdover who couldn't sniff the field until his 4th season.
3. It means that we max out with a coarstal title (again). Malik isn't beating Clemson.

I'm trying to find a reason to disagree with you. But point #2 is the really concerning one.....and you're absolutely right.

I was willing to accept that last year Malik was really the only viable option. But in year 3, if we're having the QB struggles that we did last year - that's on Richt for riding with Malik despite the warning signs and/or not being able to properly develop 4 start talent (Perry and Williams) effectively.

His approach is interesting - compels them to vacate their vision to improve muscle memory, instill new habitual movement, instill new launch techniques, and follow through.

Maybe Rick should bring him to UM for a few weeks to work with our QB's - all of them.

There's no downside.

Advertisement
How many years has it been since Alabama/OSU had a serious qb? How many years has Saban/Meyer been there? Finding a qb isn’t easy. That said, I’m only hoping for Malik to be 4-5% points better. Miami can beat Clemson with a QB that averages in the high 50’s (providing he brings a high 50 game to the ACCCG). But I can’t endorse starting the freshman unless they are playing better than Malik. Even with Rosieir’s limitations I’d rather start him than freshman qb’s with “potential”.

Lastly, the only problem I have with Paranos’ post is how come this would be all on the qb? Forget the iPad, maybe Miami needs to invest in one of those STRIVR Virtual reality sets (Case Keenum...)? And maybe hire an on campus performance “guru” who only works with qb’s in the off season under the S&C department since coaches may not be allowed?

1. Saban came into Bama with McElroy as a starter. He's not Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, but he eventually made it to the NFL as a backup QB. Also, his Junior year he jumped from 60% to 70% in completion percentage. Once McElroy left, enter AJ McCarron. During Saban's entire tenure at Bama, QB has never been an issue sans Jalen Hurts.

2. I'm not sure if you watched the Miami Clemson game. But Malik being 4-5% better in terms of completion percentage will not beat Clemson. Also, I'm not trying to harp on completion percentage like it's the only stat out there, but Malik leaves a lot out on the field in terms of potential points based on wrong reads, etc...

3. From all accounts, the general consensus is that Perry and Williams actually performed better than Rosier; at least by those that attended the spring game. Perry and Williams were able to get the offense moving, whereas with Rosier, the offense stalled more often than not. At some point in cfb, you're going to have a QB play that hasn't garnered any real experience.

4. Your last idea makes sense to a degree. But the NCAA would axe that idea real quick.

Why? It won't make him any money down the line. His playing career ends at Miami. You don't invest money that way, you throw it away.

Your post and the people who liked it are an embarrassment to the program.

Advertisement
Your post and the people who liked it are an embarrassment to the program.
Nah, losing to a bad Pitt team is an embarrassment to the program. Me thinking Rosier is a career backup at this level and has virtually no shot at going pro in football is just my opinion.

Joke thread or not, that we're discussing sending our QB to an outside coach, should have all of us asking the same question: wtf does Jon Richt do besides recruit exactly one QB every year? Honestly at any time last year, did anyone think "Malik is struggling. Thank god Jon Richt is his QB coach, because he can fix this"? And to anyone who defends him with "Mark Richt is/was technically the QB coach", how is THAT not an issue?! Seriously.. Outside of running them through some drills & sitting in while they watch film, does anyone actually have faith in his on field coaching?? Most important position in the sport is being coached by a guy who's only job is recruiting exactly one QB a year. "He got N'kosi to recommit" can't be our QB coach's entire resume! Smh..

I know a few people have mentioned this before, but I think one of our biggest problems with our QB is Jon Richt. He’s not a seasoned QB coach and it’s showing by Rosier and Perry not really developing a ton.

I’m not saying he can’t get there but doesn’t do us any good if he can recruit our targets but not coach them up.

I know a few people have mentioned this before, but I think one of our biggest problems with our QB is Jon Richt. He’s not a seasoned QB coach and it’s showing by Rosier and Perry not really developing a ton.

I’m not saying he can’t get there but doesn’t do us any good if he can recruit our targets but not coach them up.
Rosier was unplayable prior to last year, and Kosi is a Redshirt Frosh who arrived late on campus with raw talents. I'm not sure how good Richt is myself, but how did you get to that conclusion? Getting Rosier to a point to win 10 games with him under center is a miracle in itself. Way too early to **** on him for Kosi's development.

Advertisement
Rosier was unplayable prior to last year, and Kosi is a Redshirt Frosh who arrived late on campus with raw talents. I'm not sure how good Richt is myself, but how did you get to that conclusion? Getting Rosier to a point to win 10 games with him under center is a miracle in itself. Way too early to **** on him for Kosi's development.

Rosier got worse as the season ended and through camp seems to be just as bad, take out the exciting ND game, VT game and the last drive vs FSU he’s looked like dog 💩 and making freshman mistakes.

Vs. Wisconsin he was terrible.

Perry has only been here a year but everything he’s good at is the same things he was good at when he arrived.

I just wish after Richt being away from play calling for 10yrs and hopefully adjusting to new systems we’d at least get a knowledgeable QB coach with a positive track record, that’s not Jon Richt. And what’s worse is it’s his son so even if a change should be made at some point it never will be.

Just feel that is/was a mistake hire from day 1.

I do love how he seems to lock in on his target and signs the kids but without development you get Kyle Wright.

I also feel Richt is pulling a Golden (in the sense he plays Srs over underclassmen or gives them every opportunity) in this situation. Sometimes you need elite kids to grow on the field and suffer short term. I promise N Kosi or Jarren would probably at tops lose maybe 1 game more compared to Rosier, based on D and conservative play calling and elite RB, WR and TE

Three of the games we won last year we could have lost, and Rosier should have been a .600 record QB

Advertisement
All I’m saying is you don’t think Perry or Williams can put numbers up similar to Rosier last year? I find that very hard to believe. Probably a few more mistakes, but probably more big plays.

Even if Rosier just saw 1 or 2 years of an NFL contract that is a good start in life, for the young man and great a ROI.

He could take half of the money from his 1st contract and purchase some some moderately low priced multi-unit or single unit rental properties within 1500 ft of a school to rent out to section 8 an he would have a steady cash flow for years to come from these properties. This would pay Rosier more than a typical entry level 9 to 5 paying $50K annually. So again a very good ROI from the initial investment in getting a private QB coach for his final year at Miami.

Go Canes
I defend Rosier a lot but I don’t see next level for the guy. He overachieved last year and gave us excitement we have not seen in like 15 years but I doubt he get nfl shot. Then again, pros are desperate for QBs every year. I do like your financial approach. The risk/reward of the situation could well justify the investment IF he approached it with that limited goal— snag a small investment fund as apposed to I am the next atom Brady. Good thinking.

He actually went to a qb guru after the season. One of this he was told was he was throwing like a Catcher (his baseball positiion).

Advertisement
Back