Malik Rosier 247 2/5

Rosier (6-2, 205) committed to Miami in June after impressing the UM coaching staff during a summer camp session.

Rosier has been solid to the Hurricanes ever since.

-says “It is a dream come true really,” “Miami is the kind of school that you always dream about playing for. I remember watching them as a little kid. Now I am going to be a part of that and I am excited.”

- brings a dual threat ability to the Miami offense. He finished his senior season throwing for 1,888 yards with 15 touchdowns and four interceptions while completing 56 percent of his passes. He also rushed for 1,275 yards and 17 touchdowns.

- is excited about the future of the offense and the way that offensive coordinator James Coley plans to utilize his tools.

-says “Coach Coley just tells me he really likes my skill set and my ability to make plays throwing the ball and running the ball,” “He has some exciting ideas for ways to use his quarterbacks in the future.”

- says he looks up to Super Bowl winning quarterback Russell Wilson and the way he plays. Rosier says he can see a lot of similarities in his game to Wilson.

-says “People say that we are similar players,” “He always looks to make the right play first, but then he can also buy time and make a big play if he has to. I really enjoy watching him play.”

-is a catcher for his high school team and will play baseball this spring. There is a good chance that he could get drafted in the MLB Draft this summer, but right now he is focused on Miami.

-says “That is exciting, but right now I am all set on Miami,”

- is excited about arriving at UM this summer.

-says “I just can’t wait to get to work,” “I am just ready to get there and learn as much as I can and compete.”

-is excited about the future of the Miami program.

-says “I think coach Golden has everything heading in the right direction,” “I trust in his vision and I know he can get Miami back to being where we all want it to be. It is going to be exciting.”

Rosier is rated a three star prospect by 247Sports. He ranks as the No. 30 dual threat quarterback in the country.

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/QB-Malik-Rosier-Signing-With-Miami-Is-A-Dream-Come-True-175536

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back