Malik: Ready 4 UVA! LScott &Penalties: BE Physical! OL-5Guys

Advertisement
How absolutely embarrassing for Alf that one week in, Scott is already superior to him in terms of coaching ability lol

No offense to Coach Scott but it does not take much effort in doing a better job than Frauden.

I see Coley said the are playing same 5 guys on oline --- stopped the rotation. That rotation crap was all Al. I remember Art mentioning that when he first got back, that Al liked to rotate and it was not like the old days when he (Art) just lined up the 5 best and went with them. Oline is the most unit play part of the team. That constant switching Al loved so much made no sense there at all. ****, I don't remember much switching at any positions back in the day.

Not totally true. Art loved rotating guys back in the early 2000s. There's a reason he got the tag "kehoe shuffle."

I see Coley said the are playing same 5 guys on oline --- stopped the rotation. That rotation crap was all Al. I remember Art mentioning that when he first got back, that Al liked to rotate and it was not like the old days when he (Art) just lined up the 5 best and went with them. Oline is the most unit play part of the team. That constant switching Al loved so much made no sense there at all. ****, I don't remember much switching at any positions back in the day.

Not totally true. Art loved rotating guys back in the early 2000s. There's a reason he got the tag "kehoe shuffle."

In Art's defense we were blowing teams out in the early 2000s. Plenty of garbage time to try a few different combos.

I'd love to have whole quarters to get guys some PT, rather than putting the 3rd string dudes in on the 2nd or 3rd drive of the game ala Al.

Advertisement

In Art's defense we were blowing teams out in the early 2000s. Plenty of garbage time to try a few different combos.

I'd love to have whole quarters to get guys some PT, rather than putting the 3rd string dudes in on the 2nd or 3rd drive of the game ala Al.

Yeah but that's not where the Kehoe shuffle came from. We had a lot of inexperienced guys in 02-04 which required art to play around with lineups.

Advertisement

Kehoe shuffle, as I always understood it, was from switching guys around within the OL. Tackles to Guard and vice versa. Rotating players in and out of games and within positions (in-game) is far more extreme.

Kehoe shuffle, as I always understood it, was from switching guys around within the OL. Tackles to Guard and vice versa. Rotating players in and out of games and within positions (in-game) is far more extreme.

Good point, Lu, I think you're right. I think it was also based on his affinity to moving guys around on unbalanced lines. I used to love those unbalanced lines back in 02-03. We had some monster unbalanced OL to run behind:

Good point, Lu, I think you're right. I think it was also based on his affinity to moving guys around on unbalanced lines. I used to love those unbalanced lines back in 02-03. We had some monster unbalanced OL to run behind:

We've had a number of guys the past few years that just haven't seemed to find their spot. It's hard to tell if it's because they haven't had enough game reps to gel or if it's b/c they haven't been put in their best position yet.

I can understand the shuffling when you're trying to figure out the best combo of young guys or trying something a little different like the unbalanced lines, but when you're just doing it to do it... it goes back to that "interchangeable parts" philosophy that's geared toward mid-level talent.

Seems like Al would've been moving a guy like McKinnie around, you know, just in case he needed to play RG for a couple snaps in a game sometime.

Advertisement

We've had a number of guys the past few years that just haven't seemed to find their spot. It's hard to tell if it's because they haven't had enough game reps to gel or if it's b/c they haven't been put in their best position yet.

I can understand the shuffling when you're trying to figure out the best combo of young guys or trying something a little different like the unbalanced lines, but when you're just doing it to do it... it goes back to that "interchangeable parts" philosophy that's geared toward mid-level talent.

Seems like Al would've been moving a guy like McKinnie around, you know, just in case he needed to play RG for a couple snaps in a game sometime.

All of this **** right here.

I never understood the OL rotation. I've never seen it done anywhere else. You get no continuity by constantly switching guys out. It makes no sense.

Advertisement
Back