Malik: Ready 4 UVA! LScott &Penalties: BE Physical! OL-5Guys

Advertisement
I see Coley said the are playing same 5 guys on oline --- stopped the rotation. That rotation crap was all Al. I remember Art mentioning that when he first got back, that Al liked to rotate and it was not like the old days when he (Art) just lined up the 5 best and went with them. Oline is the most unit play part of the team. That constant switching Al loved so much made no sense there at all. ****, I don't remember much switching at any positions back in the day.

I see Coley said the are playing same 5 guys on oline --- stopped the rotation. That rotation crap was all Al. I remember Art mentioning that when he first got back, that Al liked to rotate and it was not like the old days when he (Art) just lined up the 5 best and went with them. Oline is the most unit play part of the team. That constant switching Al loved so much made no sense there at all. ****, I don't remember much switching at any positions back in the day.

its almost as bad as frank haith's substitution strategy.

Advertisement
Al Golden is so disgusting... if we weremt going to win the Sandusky way, he'd rather lose. **** that ******.

I think it's actually worse. Especially how they were handling (still w/ D'Ono) defensive rotations. Some of the most insane stuff I've ever seen in terms of personnel rotations.

The Defensive substitutions drive me crazy..... we look so dysfunctional half the **** time..

JC

It will be nice to see if Coach Scott can reduce the penalties. Things were completely out of hand last week.

Advertisement

I think it's actually worse. Especially how they were handling (still w/ D'Ono) defensive rotations. Some of the most insane stuff I've ever seen in terms of personnel rotations.

It is like Al and Mark never played football or anything for that matter. They would probably pass the bones at the craps table after two passes just to let someone else roll.

It will be nice to see if Coach Scott can reduce the penalties. Things were completely out of hand last week.

Interesting that they've had ref's in practice & that he distinguished between things we can control (alignment, poor technique, etc) vs. things we can't. He stressed that he wants guys to play physical and fast and wants guys to "make the play" and "play football" not worry about a penalty in those situations.

I don't remember Al ever making a distinction between types of penalties or bringing ref's on the field in practice. Might just be sour grapes on my part, but don't think so.

Interesting that they've had ref's in practice & that he distinguished between things we can control (alignment, poor technique, etc) vs. things we can't. He stressed that he wants guys to play physical and fast and wants guys to "make the play" and "play football" not worry about a penalty in those situations.

I don't remember Al ever making a distinction between types of penalties or bringing ref's on the field in practice. Might just be sour grapes on my part, but don't think so.

LONG LIVE LARRY F'IN SCOTT!

Advertisement

I actually read something to this effect about 2 weeks before Albatross got let go...they brought in refs to try and fix the OL problem and also had those boys doing a bunch of up/downs.

Advertisement

I actually read something to this effect about 2 weeks before Albatross got let go...they brought in refs to try and fix the OL problem and also had those boys doing a bunch of up/downs.

Yeah, I do remember the up downs. Didn't remember the ref's.

The biggest thing to me is the distinction between not being so afraid of a penalty that you don't go for the ball. Clean up the pre-snap stuff, but don't be afraid to make plays!

I'm talkin to you Tracy Howard! Take that ball, man! It's yours!

Ally rotated all positions like we are **** hockey team. I'm still in the pink cloud since he got fired.

How absolutely embarrassing for Alf that one week in, Scott is already superior to him in terms of coaching ability lol

Advertisement
Back