Malik Pipp....

bottom line, N'Kosi Perry had better be starting vs UNC this upcoming Thursday. No, it wont be perfect all the time and there will be some growing pains but I saw enough to realize that 5 can make throws that Rosier can't even imagine. Hopefully today is the point of no return(and I have not seen the post-game presser with coach, yet)

And I want to see what this kid can do with Jeff Thomas and Amonn Richards(more on him later).

But here's hoping that Richt starts to expand the offense more with him behind center and go with more quick tempo/no-huddle stuff

Today was another sparring session, good to see a bunch of kids get in and flash a bit

Dont care too much about the sloppy ending of the game ,in the big picture it really doesn't matter. Perry gives us hope. Nothing against Rosier, but watching him is kinda painful as a fan because you understand the limitations that exist. But it was great to see guys like Mike Harley finally break out a bit. People at the game told me that everything, from the team to the crowd, was energized when 5 was in there.

Quik notes:

- Willis continues to be a trench bully and play at an All-American level. His presence stifled anything FIU tried in the running game. Garvin continues to come on and play solid.

- OK, one thing that really irked my nerve( like Kool Moe Dee) was that QB sneak on the first drive. I mean, it was 4th and 2, what the **** was Richt thinking? Why not just give it to Choc(the First Down Maker) or Homer who was running well early on. That was a tad mind numbing to me to go with that tight set and run that play - and then get pushed back

- Various times are starting OTackles got beat off the edge. This is a continuing issue. Where have you gone Jason Fox?

- OK, Ahmonn, we have a new QB. It's either now or never as far as Im concerned. At this point Im more surprised when he actually plays a game instead of sitting out. As for Thomas, I just hope today was more or less precautionary but has anyone gotten dehydrated from playing in just a few plays? As of now, Richards is a guy you can't count on and the NFL notes these type of things, while JT4 is our most dynamic player

- Gurvan Hall, showed something in blowing up that FIU tight end. That just looks like a UM safety

- Feagles had one less-than-average punt but honestly, it looks like he's settled himself

- Cant wait till Thursday night now. As George Allen once said - the future is now
Agree with everything except Feagles. What were you all watching? He averaged 29 yards per punt, and his long was 36. Each of his 3 punts were horrendous.

Advertisement
bottom line, N'Kosi Perry had better be starting vs UNC this upcoming Thursday. No, it wont be perfect all the time and there will be some growing pains but I saw enough to realize that 5 can make throws that Rosier can't even imagine. Hopefully today is the point of no return(and I have not seen the post-game presser with coach, yet)

And I want to see what this kid can do with Jeff Thomas and Amonn Richards(more on him later).

But here's hoping that Richt starts to expand the offense more with him behind center and go with more quick tempo/no-huddle stuff

Today was another sparring session, good to see a bunch of kids get in and flash a bit

Dont care too much about the sloppy ending of the game ,in the big picture it really doesn't matter. Perry gives us hope. Nothing against Rosier, but watching him is kinda painful as a fan because you understand the limitations that exist. But it was great to see guys like Mike Harley finally break out a bit. People at the game told me that everything, from the team to the crowd, was energized when 5 was in there.

Quik notes:

- Willis continues to be a trench bully and play at an All-American level. His presence stifled anything FIU tried in the running game. Garvin continues to come on and play solid.

- OK, one thing that really irked my nerve( like Kool Moe Dee) was that QB sneak on the first drive. I mean, it was 4th and 2, what the **** was Richt thinking? Why not just give it to Choc(the First Down Maker) or Homer who was running well early on. That was a tad mind numbing to me to go with that tight set and run that play - and then get pushed back

- Various times are starting OTackles got beat off the edge. This is a continuing issue. Where have you gone Jason Fox?

- OK, Ahmonn, we have a new QB. It's either now or never as far as Im concerned. At this point Im more surprised when he actually plays a game instead of sitting out. As for Thomas, I just hope today was more or less precautionary but has anyone gotten dehydrated from playing in just a few plays? As of now, Richards is a guy you can't count on and the NFL notes these type of things, while JT4 is our most dynamic player

- Gurvan Hall, showed something in blowing up that FIU tight end. That just looks like a UM safety

- Feagles had one less-than-average punt but honestly, it looks like he's settled himself

- Cant wait till Thursday night now. As George Allen once said - the future is now
Where's George Allen now?

This.

Between the way our OL is constructed & the athletes and depth we have at WR, this is clearly the way we should go. I was real excited for it since last summer when D$ said we were moving this way.

Rosier just lacks accuracy on his short and intermediate passes, which kills YAC. And once his eyes come down, they don’t go back up. These traits severely restrict that type of offense.

Rarely mentioned is the fact that Perry is 6’4 and Malik 6’1. Huge edge Perry. Malik gets a ton of balls batted at the line. Malik isn’t looking guys off and squeezing it in tight windows like Brees or Wilson can. Probably a big reason why he doesn’t work the middle of the field as much as we’d like.

It will be very telling on Richt the playcaller to see if and how our offense changes, should Perry get the job. Initially, I don’t care as much HOW, as much as I do that it simple DOES. If you have 2 QBs with obviously different skill sets, the offense should naturally be tailored to best fit each. If Richt continues to run the same **** with Perry, I’ll be convinced once and for all that he refuses to adapt and it won’t matter who our QB is, we won’t be able to win.

I don't wanna jinx it but

for him to pull rosier that early, if perry isn't starting i'll be astonished

4th down sneak in that phone booth was a give up play. Complete garbage.

Perry needs to secure the ball a little better. That blind-side rush is going to do him in against better teams. He doesn’t seem to have a great clock yet in his head or backside feel for pressure.

He also was a little loose with a couple passes. Better teams probably pick off a couple of those floaters into the middle of the field.

Otherwise, it was nice getting some new blood in there. Thomas concerns me. I’m iffy on that dehydration claim. He looked like he pulled up toward the end of that punt return TD that was so bogusly penalized.

Advertisement
Thomas was injured on the opening kickoff. He took a big hit and then walked to the huddle kind of slow. I noticed it immediately.

He was sluggish ever since, even though he continued to play. Go rewatch

You can't start Rosier after that

It would be totally deflating. You finally have momentum on offense, don't let it stall out for the first few drives on Thursday. Which you KNOW is going to happen with Rosier.

the next step is getting an Oline that can consistently get a push in the running game. Still see a below average unit in that regard
Yet they appear to be getting a better push when there's better QB play. Half of football is mental, and when you can put the fear of getting beat multiple ways into a team's head, you have an instant advantage. When a D can just tee off because they don't fear getting beat by one aspect or another, they have a huge advantage.

We will get better O-line play, and have some really talented younger players there. It'll come together far more quickly with a good QB in there.

Advertisement
UM needs to get the future on the field, we've all been saying it for months. Turn this thing towards the ultimate product and let the players with upside make mistakes.

You have film on Perry, see what mistakes he does and doesn't make again on Thursday. No doubt some of the passes he tried to fit into tight spots were picks against better teams.

from your post to God's ears. But just watching certain throws(the first TD to Cager and the pass down the seam to Harley before the half) were eye-opening, those throws haven't been realistic in this offense for a long time.
And the pass to Brevin in the end zone was beautiful. He looped it in soo nicely no one other than Brevin could have caught it with beautiful touch. That's a QB!

Perry is going to make mistakes as he is still green. I hope people don’t give up on the kid because against better competition he there will be typical stupid mental errors. Bank on it.

Advertisement
You can't start Rosier after that

It would be totally deflating. You finally have momentum on offense, don't let it stall out for the first few drives on Thursday. Which you KNOW is going to happen with Rosier.

the boos would cascade down from the rafters of Hard Rock Stadium like it was Philadelphia greeting Santa Claus

Richt has to have the foresight understand this dynamic. Its clear to me, at least, that the players and certainly the fan-base want Perry in there(and personally, I live with his mistakes)

This.

Between the way our OL is constructed & the athletes and depth we have at WR, this is clearly the way we should go. I was real excited for it since last summer when D$ said we were moving this way.

Rosier just lacks accuracy on his short and intermediate passes, which kills YAC. And once his eyes come down, they don’t go back up. These traits severely restrict that type of offense.

Rarely mentioned is the fact that Perry is 6’4 and Malik 6’1. Huge edge Perry. Malik gets a ton of balls batted at the line. Malik isn’t looking guys off and squeezing it in tight windows like Brees or Wilson can. Probably a big reason why he doesn’t work the middle of the field as much as we’d like.

It will be very telling on Richt the playcaller to see if and how our offense changes, should Perry get the job. Initially, I don’t care as much HOW, as much as I do that it simple DOES. If you have 2 QBs with obviously different skill sets, the offense should naturally be tailored to best fit each. If Richt continues to run the same **** with Perry, I’ll be convinced once and for all that he refuses to adapt and it won’t matter who our QB is, we won’t be able to win.

Scranton, given Miami's lack of TE depth(and none of them are really good in-line blockers) and if Richards/Thomas ever get on the field at the same time - I would love to see a version of 'the Fast Break' offense that Richt help engineer(with Brad Scott at FSU) where we see 3,4 and even 5 wide at times and go no-huddle up-tempo for stretches and give Perry relatively easy reads and get the ball out of his hands quickly and just let him grow into the job

This Oline just cant move people upfront(at least versus good teams) to try and just establish the running game at will

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back