Malik Pipp....

k9cane

Senior
bottom line, N'Kosi Perry had better be starting vs UNC this upcoming Thursday. No, it wont be perfect all the time and there will be some growing pains but I saw enough to realize that 5 can make throws that Rosier can't even imagine. Hopefully today is the point of no return(and I have not seen the post-game presser with coach, yet)

And I want to see what this kid can do with Jeff Thomas and Amonn Richards(more on him later).

But here's hoping that Richt starts to expand the offense more with him behind center and go with more quick tempo/no-huddle stuff

Today was another sparring session, good to see a bunch of kids get in and flash a bit

Dont care too much about the sloppy ending of the game ,in the big picture it really doesn't matter. Perry gives us hope. Nothing against Rosier, but watching him is kinda painful as a fan because you understand the limitations that exist. But it was great to see guys like Mike Harley finally break out a bit. People at the game told me that everything, from the team to the crowd, was energized when 5 was in there.

Quik notes:

- Willis continues to be a trench bully and play at an All-American level. His presence stifled anything FIU tried in the running game. Garvin continues to come on and play solid.

- OK, one thing that really irked my nerve( like Kool Moe Dee) was that QB sneak on the first drive. I mean, it was 4th and 2, what the **** was Richt thinking? Why not just give it to Choc(the First Down Maker) or Homer who was running well early on. That was a tad mind numbing to me to go with that tight set and run that play - and then get pushed back

- Various times are starting OTackles got beat off the edge. This is a continuing issue. Where have you gone Jason Fox?

- OK, Ahmonn, we have a new QB. It's either now or never as far as Im concerned. At this point Im more surprised when he actually plays a game instead of sitting out. As for Thomas, I just hope today was more or less precautionary but has anyone gotten dehydrated from playing in just a few plays? As of now, Richards is a guy you can't count on and the NFL notes these type of things, while JT4 is our most dynamic player

- Gurvan Hall, showed something in blowing up that FIU tight end. That just looks like a UM safety

- Feagles had one less-than-average punt but honestly, it looks like he's settled himself

- Cant wait till Thursday night now. As George Allen once said - the future is now

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don't get your point on Thomas. This is the first time he's had to leave a game as far as I'm aware. One instance is not a trend.

Good stuff K9. It's obvious. Kosi earned a start. I'm not hating on Rosy, but Christ, Kosi at one point was 9-9 and the offense was juiced. Don't know why Gray's number wasn't called on that lame 4th and two. Richt with a senior moment.

Advertisement
Malek Pipp! LOL, Old school Yankee fans got that. Like Wally Pipp in 1924, Malek should never play another down.

Perry is starting or he wouldn't have played so much today.

from your post to God's ears. But just watching certain throws(the first TD to Cager and the pass down the seam to Harley before the half) were eye-opening, those throws haven't been realistic in this offense for a long time.

I didn’t see the replay on the Perry interception but did the ball slip out of his hand? Hightower was wide open.

Advertisement
Short week and first conference game, so don't be surprised to see Rosier start on a short lease.

Wally Pipp didnt suck he got injured, that’s why he lost job , get your crap together op. You were really close to a down vote with the lack of facts.

Short week and first conference game, so don't be surprised to see Rosier start on a short lease.

Honestly, he shouldn't even be let on the porch to start. IT's going to be deflating to see him starting on Thursday night

Re: Thomas. I think Richt took the cautious route with his favorite weapon. No sense in getting him all that hype early if you can't really show him off in conference play.

Advertisement
from your post to God's ears. But just watching certain throws(the first TD to Cager and the pass down the seam to Harley before the half) were eye-opening, those throws haven't been realistic in this offense for a long time.
Taking three years of coach speak sound bites and watching every game, I think today was exactly what Richt hopes to do on offense.

It's why I have been so hard on Rosier, and Richt. The plays have BEEN there, but Rosier simply doesn't have the skill set to execute them. Honestly, I think Perry is still rough, but he HAS THE TALENT AND ABILITY to make the plays. That's a **** of a good place to start.

Advertisement
It's why I have been so hard on Rosier, and Richt. The plays have BEEN there, but Rosier simply doesn't have the skill set to execute them. Honestly, I think Perry is still rough, but he HAS THE TALENT AND ABILITY to make the plays. That's a **** of a good place to start.

the next step is getting an Oline that can consistently get a push in the running game. Still see a below average unit in that regard

Honestly, he shouldn't even be let on the porch to start. IT's going to be deflating to see him starting on Thursday night

Yeah, everyone is assuming it will be Perry but starting has a degree of stress that Mark might not want to risk on him since he came off the bench so well. It is first conference game.

Wally Pipp didnt suck he got injured, that’s why he lost job , get your crap together op. You were really close to a down vote with the lack of facts.

**** Cribby, feel like I owe you a hundred up-downs for that

Regadless, lets hope N'kosi(or Jarren) becomes our 'Iron Horse'...

bottom line, N'Kosi Perry had better be starting vs UNC this upcoming Thursday. No, it wont be perfect all the time and there will be some growing pains but I saw enough to realize that 5 can make throws that Rosier can't even imagine. Hopefully today is the point of no return(and I have not seen the post-game presser with coach, yet)

And I want to see what this kid can do with Jeff Thomas and Amonn Richards(more on him later).

But here's hoping that Richt starts to expand the offense more with him behind center and go with more quick tempo/no-huddle stuff

Today was another sparring session, good to see a bunch of kids get in and flash a bit

Dont care too much about the sloppy ending of the game ,in the big picture it really doesn't matter. Perry gives us hope. Nothing against Rosier, but watching him is kinda painful as a fan because you understand the limitations that exist. But it was great to see guys like Mike Harley finally break out a bit. People at the game told me that everything, from the team to the crowd, was energized when 5 was in there.

Quik notes:

- Willis continues to be a trench bully and play at an All-American level. His presence stifled anything FIU tried in the running game. Garvin continues to come on and play solid.

- OK, one thing that really irked my nerve( like Kool Moe Dee) was that QB sneak on the first drive. I mean, it was 4th and 2, what the **** was Richt thinking? Why not just give it to Choc(the First Down Maker) or Homer who was running well early on. That was a tad mind numbing to me to go with that tight set and run that play - and then get pushed back

- Various times are starting OTackles got beat off the edge. This is a continuing issue. Where have you gone Jason Fox?

- OK, Ahmonn, we have a new QB. It's either now or never as far as Im concerned. At this point Im more surprised when he actually plays a game instead of sitting out. As for Thomas, I just hope today was more or less precautionary but has anyone gotten dehydrated from playing in just a few plays? As of now, Richards is a guy you can't count on and the NFL notes these type of things, while JT4 is our most dynamic player

- Gurvan Hall, showed something in blowing up that FIU tight end. That just looks like a UM safety

- Feagles had one less-than-average punt but honestly, it looks like he's settled himself

- Cant wait till Thursday night now. As George Allen once said - the future is now

Solid nuggets

Advertisement
Back