Malik Langhan UF DT Enters Portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Slaton has played only DT in college as that's what he said he wanted to play. He did play both sides in HS though and Dunlap has exclusively been a DT. Slaton has been a bit of a bust though if i'm being honest
That's because his high ranking in HS was because he would've been a great OG. Everyone knew he wasn't going to be anything special at DT.

When in doubt or in trouble, Mullet defaults to the same thing, using his QB as a battering ram.

Worked for Teabag, who was a uniquely big and solid specimen for a college quarterback, and to a lesser extent it worked for Dak P.

But nobody can convince me he’s some sort of innovative creative play caller that consistently out schemes teams and with his basic offense.

He’s had the same tendencies for over a decade now.

Advertisement
I really wanted Slaton at OT/OG. No idea why he thought DT was his best spot. But I do see the point in getting him on campus first and letting him realize it himself. Can't fault coaches for accepting his commit hoping he would see the light.

Brock, I'm with you on UF depth issues. If the UF Spring Game is any indication of what we see in August, they are going to struggle on the defensive. That OL didn't even look too good, yet consistently manhandled the DL. The WR's were running wide open (and dropping a lot of passes) on simple crossing and seam patterns, and seemed more physical than the DBs. The QBs were as erratic as ours. Some money throws, several that were or should have been interceptions. I would hope Enos and Manny can do better.

When in doubt or in trouble, Mullet defaults to the same thing, using his QB as a battering ram.

Worked for Teabag, who was a uniquely big and solid specimen for a college quarterback, and to a lesser extent it worked for Dak P.

But nobody can convince me he’s some sort of innovative creative play caller that consistently out schemes teams and with his basic offense.

He’s had the same tendencies for over a decade now.
Real question. Who would you take as OC, Richt or Mullet?

Advertisement
Fair enough. As OC I would take Mullet and even before Mark & son imploded last year. I give him credit for holding his own at MSU and pretty smart to have hired Manny twice too.

Look af his record vs top 25 teams and his offensive stats.

Anything jump out at you?

No reason to defend Mullet here and definitely no roi to make it worthwhile either.

Yeah my point is, is he a horrible offensive coordinator, if I was being honest, my answer is NO. I just think he’s in the below average range. He lacks any type of innovation, and does not seem flexible to me, and has followed the same MO for over 10 years. I think a good defensive plan can stymie his offense, especially since he is so dependent on a physically stout QB to get him out of jams. Look at when he’s been more successful, Florida (as an OC not HC) for example, or MSU. What kind of quarterbacks did he have? He’s not a guy that can scheme around a quarterback that isn’t a physical runner.

Also his overall won-loss record against top 25 teams is nothing short of horrific, and his offensive stats/output through most of his years has been underwhelming.

Nothing about Mullet says he is someone to be feared from an offensive scheming standpoint

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah my point is, is he a horrible offensive coordinators, if I was being honest, my answer is NO. I just think he’s either in the below average range. He lacks any type of innovation, and does not seem flexible to me, and has followed the same MO for over 10 years. I think a good defensive plan can stymie his offense, especially since he is so dependent on a physically stout QB to get him out of jams. Look at when he’s been mowed successful, Florida for example, or I miss you. What kind of quarterbacks did he have? He’s not a guy that can scheme around a quarterback that isn’t a physical runner.
Let's face it, because of the speed of modern defenses, the teams that have the muscle to play pro in and out are fewer every year. So running Qbs are part of most programs present and future.

Having said that, your point understood that his QBs have been more run oriented than most and may be due to his lack of developing them in his system. I know he is not developing Emory from what irr and to be clear, fuuck em. Already spent more time on him than merited.

Let's face it, because of the speed of modern defenses, the teams that have the muscle to play pro in and out are fewer every year. So running Qbs are part of most programs present and future.

Having said that, your point understood that his QBs have been more run oriented than most and may be due to his lack of developing them in his system. I know he is not developing Emory from what irr and to be clear, fuuck em. Already spent more time on him than merited.

To be clear I don’t mean running QBs of the Manziell, or even Martell type.

I mean running QBs Mullet style. Big, lumbering, straight ahead bowl ‘em over type running QBs. The kind that usually get injured or killed, he was lucky with Tebow and he was lucky with his MSU QBs

Hopefully we get to kill taco hotdog

Advertisement
Back