Malik Davis

Advertisement
Advertisement
I've said for months now that he's my number one back in FL.

Great feet, vision, elite burst, very good pad level, and elite burst that gets him to his top end speed as fast as anyone I've seen. There isn't a knock on him I can think of.

I've said for months now that he's my number one back in FL.

Great feet, vision, elite burst, very good pad level, and elite burst that gets him to his top end speed as fast as anyone I've seen. There isn't a knock on him I can think of.

Surprised he only has 3 stars

Advertisement
His highlights are legit but he plays a schedule full of scrub teams. Tampa has a few good squads but for the most part a bunch of the teams around here aren't competitive.

Malik Davis - Hudl

Elite Back IMO. Told We Offered but wondering are the coaches recruiting heavily and is the kid interested. A Backfield of Homer & Malik would be wonderful.

I agree, based on the few clips of the paradise camp he appeared to be the most impressive back there in each drill, reminds me a little of former UNC back Gio Bernard.

Advertisement
His highlights are legit but he plays a schedule full of scrub teams. Tampa has a few good squads but for the most part a bunch of the teams around here aren't competitive.

So did David Njoku, what's your point?

Just pointing out his highlights could be deceptive, David Njokus don't happen all the time either. All I know is I'm from the Tampa area, I seen many of the teams he played, if CC played the same schedule as Jesuit they would stomp everybody by 40 points and Nayquan Wright would look like the best back in the state.

I see a good back. I don't see a great back.

what do you consider a great back? This kid has good size, speed and vision ?

Is he better than Joe Yearby? I see a similar style and build. I don't think he's as good.

5'9 177 coming out vs 5'11 190

I see some similarity in style. But Malik is clearly bigger. And look at some pictures of him--he has a frame to be developed and carry a lot of good added weight IMO. Yearby couldn't add much without getting fat (see last year). Plus Malik has that baby face. Who knows what growth potential he still has.

Plus, adding another Yearby would not be a bad thing by any stretch.

Advertisement
If we are taking two I would have offered yesterday. Mixed reports on how hard we are on him

Reminds me of a little bigger better juwon hamilton. Lot of similarities to James Jackson, jackson a tick faster (but this kid's fast too), this kid a little better feet (Jackson's feet were so so), but similar size, running style.

Malik is legit. Kid is an excellent back. Displays good vision, cut back ability, speed, and always finishes his runs. I agree that he looked like the best back during RB drills at Paradise Camp. I would be very happy if we got this kid in this class.

He was at Paradise, said he has a good relationship with the staff, but from his comments he seemed like he really just wanted to get offers from some major programs.

He's a plan C kid imo, if Mac & Felix fall through & no other local kids have a late rise blow up season, then I would go after Davis.

Last edited:

So did David Njoku, what's your point?

Just pointing out his highlights could be deceptive, David Njokus don't happen all the time either. All I know is I'm from the Tampa area, I seen many of the teams he played, if CC played the same schedule as Jesuit they would stomp everybody by 40 points and Nayquan Wright would look like the best back in the state.

Also from the area and always have that same concern about prospects from around here. It's night and day compared to S FL competition. No comparison. At least Jesuit has better competition than A. Lemmons faces at my alma mater, Clearwater.

Advertisement
Back