Malik can't keep playing man.

Wow... That's a TD without a doubt... And he didn't even look there at all... I am sad now.

It probably would have been a pic if Malik threw it to him. The ball is already passed the receiver (JT I believe) in the last picture, and the single high safety is beginning to break towards the sideline. If Malik looks to Jordan, the safety holds and is over the top and the LB's are underneath. Would have needed to have been a throw he can't make. He needed Jordan to be his first read and hit him quick.

I do remember this play though, some type of miscommunication, Malik threw it deep and JT stopped on the route. Not defending this at all but if JT was supposed to run a go-route I take JT4 one-on-one with Brevin holding the safety in the middle of the field all day.

Advertisement
Pretty sure we've seen the last of Malik. He hadn't received any first team reps since before FIU and obviously didn't earn any more against UVA.

That's our great QB whisperer.

And then - look at the progress our QB's have made under the rumored Quarterback Coach.

It's criminal. Fraudulent.

How can Richt take his paycheck without holding his head in shame?

I've seen better QB development from James Coley, along with offensive playcalling. Yes, the same James Coley that called a HB pass in the snow during the Snow Bowl. That guy.

The play was there. Unbelievable. Perry played bad but Malik threw this ball out of bounds. Mark gets crap for playing calling but players gotta find the right read.

This is another problem I can’t understand: What’s with the continuous parade of JAG quarterbacks on this team since Dorsey graduated? We never have solid QB play anymore. Even before the glory days we usually had reasonable QBs and were known for that even if the rest of the team sucked. (See Mira, George as example.)

Advertisement
LOL

Coach speak in the offseason be like....Malik is reading defenses and better than last year. I laughed at that stupid **** people believed here....u are what you are.

**** was entertaining to me. Especially when short video clips of practices surfaced where the QBs were making simple throws against air and Malik was still under/overthrowing receivers. People always buy into the hype. I've learned my lesson after the Golden years that offseason hype's an annual thing, regardless of coaching staff.

giphy.gif

Probably made that decision before the ball was snapped. Saw this live and couldn't believe the allergy to the area between the hashes. Now I'm aggravated again.

I totally understand pulling Perry for a series or two. I won't understand keeping Malik in there. And, I DO NOT BLAME MALIK. This isn't some surprise. We already saw this episode. The wars he won last year included some lucky bounces and I thought we all accepted that?

I dont get how last year against PITT, Coach took Malik out for a series and put him back in. But when its Perry, he takes him out and keeps Malik in for the rest of the game. Like what does Mark see in Malik.

Advertisement
It probably would have been a pic if Malik threw it to him. The ball is already passed the receiver (JT I believe) in the last picture, and the single high safety is beginning to break towards the sideline. If Malik looks to Jordan, the safety holds and is over the top and the LB's are underneath. Would have needed to have been a throw he can't make. He needed Jordan to be his first read and hit him quick.

I do remember this play though, some type of miscommunication, Malik threw it deep and JT stopped on the route. Not defending this at all but if JT was supposed to run a go-route I take JT4 one-on-one with Brevin holding the safety in the middle of the field all day.

Pre-snap the safety is middle of the field/shaded inside of brevin but immediately at the snap he turns his hips open to the sideline where JT is lined up and is bailing to the hash/over the top of JT. The Safeties hips are turned the opposite direction of the where Brevin is stemming his route from the middle of the field towards the hash. Malik needs to look at JT to keep that safety over there and throw the dart to Brevin on the skinny post. Now is he capable? Doubtful.

Not Malik's fault ....Richt told him "do what you do" before he went in and well that is what he always does

Advertisement
A mature read by the 5th year senior who’s been in a ton of wars
Hey man go easy on him this is the Same 5th year senior who complained in the post game presser that he didn’t get qb1 reps for two weeks, which attributes to his poor play.

I dont get how last year against PITT, Coach took Malik out for a series and put him back in. But when its Perry, he takes him out and keeps Malik in for the rest of the game. Like what does Mark see in Malik.

I think this has to be more about what Richt sees in Perry that he doesn't like than it is about seeing things in Malik that he likes.

He's already seen enough of Malik. There isn't anything to like. That's why he benched him and didn't give him any more 1st team reps in practice.

To me, it looked like Richt was already irritated with Perry and the two early interceptions just pushed him over the edge.

Advertisement
This is another problem I can’t understand: What’s with the continuous parade of JAG quarterbacks on this team since Dorsey graduated? We never have solid QB play anymore.

Yeah, I know, I don't get this. It's beyond ridiculous at this point.

Can’t believe I opened this thread. Just makes me more and more ****ed off seeing guys wide open. God he frickin sucks.

There's zero value in Rosier taking another snap for us. With 2 losses even IF we win out, win the Coastal and ACC (all of which are unlikely), we probably get left out of the playoff. Rest of the season needs to be given to Perry and probably Williams to audition for next season. I'd rather ride the wave of ups and downs the rest of this year with either of those two than do it against UF in game 1 next year.
There is no probably about it, we are not going to the playoffs this year. Frankly, with the way the offense is playing, the coastal is looking like a big leap of faith. Virginia is not a good team, they were without 4 starters on defense and still shut us down. VT+BC have better defenses.

Advertisement
Back